Close
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 67

Default The Mercbeast Framework

The Mercbeast SWTOR Boxing Framework (THIS IS BASED OFF OF DUAL COMPUTER BOXING, SOME SETTINGS MAY CHANGE OR NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED WHEN SINGLE BOXING!)

First off, let me give you a little background on my SWTOR experience. I got into beta through a friends account in early August. By the end of August I had leveled 6 characters into their 40's. When the next build rolled around I leveled on the PvP server "Revan" where I was the first Imperial to hit level 50 on my Mercenary. I then got access to another friends account and I started an operative and an assassin dual box. I leveled them to 50 before I leveled a dual mercenary team to 50.

The first thing that became apparent to me setting up my system is that I like to mix and match characters and I have severe altitis. This meant I wanted to create a framework system that was as plug and playable as possible. What I mean by this if it isn't apparent is, I wanted a setup that I could use as the basis for any possible character combination and have it function with minimal fine tuning.

The first thing I have done is create a basic keymap. This key map has all of my keys already defined. When I create a new team, I simply copy the keymap, rename it and assign it to my new team(remember to change the action target group in each specific hotkey) this is a huge time saver. At this point I also want to give a nod to Mosg2, my setup is heavily influenced by the system he used and shared with all of us in his DK Manifesto last year.

So what I am going to do here is basically give a step by step guide of how I have setup my system.

ACTION TARGET GROUP
    Create an action target group for your team, add them to it.

SETTING UP THE KEYS
    I like to use F1 through F12 with ISboxer because I find they interfere with my normal keybinds the least. Whatever keys you use just substitute them whenever I refer to F1 or F2.

My modifier of choice is also shift, so I will be using shift F1 and so on for pretty much everything. I turn on both of my sidebars and I bind them to Shift-F1 through Shift-F11 on the left and Ctrl-Shift-F1 through Ctrl-Shift-F11 on the right any bars will work, but I like to use the two bottom bars for more specific keybinds. For example I use shift-g for stun type abilities with all my teams on round robin.

Create a new keymap, add your characters to the keymap.
    Step 1) Right click on mapped keys and select new mapped key. I will then name it "SF1".
    Step 2) Do not bind a hotkey to this key.
    Step 3) Go to step 1(In ISboxer). Right click on Actions and create a "New Keystroke Action". Choose as your target the Action Target Group you created for this team. Set the hotkey as "Shift+F1".
    Step 4) Copy this keymap 21 times, for each copy I will rename it to the appropriate hotkey, the next one for example will be named "SF2". I will also change the hotkey output in step 1 to reflect what this new keymap is supposed to output.
    These are my basic "wildcard" type hotkeys. These 22 hotkeys will cover the vast majority of my keybinds but they are primarily used for my DPS rotations and if needed my healing rotations.

NON-STANDARD KEYMAPS
    Ok so we've got all these basic wildcard hotkeys setup. We're not going to want every key in this setup to do exactly the same thing, this figures in with making our rotations as optimal as possible.

Since this is my operative keymap we're going to go back and look at "SF1". For me, this is my corrosive dart. This is my opener, it is extremely important for my DPS due to the talent "Tactical Opportunity", but because it is instant I don't want it to spam every single time I hit a DPS rotation hotkey.

Open that keymap up, click on steps and add another step. I believe the duration on the corrosive dart is 12 seconds. Set the second step to target this ATG, and set the hotkey output as Shift-F1. Now check all the boxes relating to do not pass to the next step, and set the timer at 12 seconds for both steps. What this will do is, since this is the first key in the DPS rotation we will eventually set up, every 12 seconds this key is allowed to pass and it will be number 1 priority. This means that when you are on target, this ability will have 100% uptime without you having to micro the ability much at all. You should of course keep tabs to make sure it hit, and have a secondary key not bound to your DPS rotation so you can re-use the ability to get corrosive dart on target IF you miss or are resisted.

Another example of an ability you might want to limit is Missile Blast for the Bounty Hunter. Early game it is a big part of your DPS, but it is also a huge heat builder. Fiddling with the timing can give you an absolutely optimal DPS rotation for Mercenaries maximizing damage dealt with a manageable heat build.

UNIVERSAL KEYS
    These are keys that I use with virtually every group, they use the same keys I will use when I play a single character. As such these keys do not have to be tied to specific action target groups. I use them for everyone. These are the keys that make my system as plug and play as possible. For example, W outputs to all characters and I use W as my rest ability. Shift-W outputs to all characters and it is my CC breaker. Shift-G is round robin short duration stuns if the class has them. Shift-V are round robin knock backs.

Creating these type of keys is pretty self evident I don't think I need to bore you with this

UTILITY HOTKEYS

Go in game and setup the following hotkeys. Target Party 1. Follow Target. Target of Target.
    Here is what I used.
    Target Party 1 = Ctrl+F1
    Follow Target = Ctrl + T
    Target of Target = Numpad *

Assist

Create a hotkey called "Assist". Set this hotkey to pass a step when pressed or released. Do not bind a key to it.
    Create two steps.
    Step 1: Create a key stroke action.
    Ctrl + F1 -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target party 1 on your slave characters)
    Step 2: Create a key stroke action.
    Num * -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target of target on your slave characters)

Autofollow

Create a hotkey called "Autofollow". Set this hotkey to pass a step when pressed or released. Do not bind a key to it.
    Create two steps.
    Step 1: Create a key stroke action.
    Ctrl + F1 -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target party 1 on your slave characters)
    Ctrl + T -> Other Action Target Group (This will use follow target on your slave characters)
    Step 2: Create a key stroke action.
    Num * -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target of target on your slave characters)
    Autofollow actual assists the target as well in step 2. This was done because otherwise your characters will target party member 1 99.9% of the time. It doesn't really accomplish much other than to assist you in determining that your slaves are on the right target.

Companion Attack

Create a hotkey called "CompAttack". Execute when hotkey pressed or released. Bind a hotkey to it, I use 0.
    Step 1
    Do Assist in ATG key map -> Self
    0 -> Action Target Group (This is sending 0 to all members of your action target group)
    Step 2
    0 -> Action Target Group (I repeat this step because sometimes it seems a little unresponsive)

DPS ROTATION

Setting up your optimal DPS rotation really is a trial and error process, and the Operative is probably the most tricky class to squeeze the most juice out of.

My DPS rotation is simply a priority system. I create a Mosg2 style spam hotkey. This hotkey will have two steps. I also check all the do not pass boxes on the second step and set it to not pass to the next step for 1.5s (I adjust this as my haste rating increases).

Step 1 runs off abilities S-F1 through S-F11.
    In S-F1 slot I will put Corrosive Dart. In S-F2 I will put Stimboost. In S-F3 I will put Lacerate. In S-F4 I will put Backstab (I change the order of Backstab, Lacerate and Shiv all the time, explanation below) S-F5 is Shiv. For Operatives I don't actually fill all 11 hotkeys. I do however leave them all in. In S-F11 I put rifle shot.

I generally use between 2 and 4 DPS hotkeys. I will run a sustainable DPS rotation, and an aggressive DPS rotation both with autofollow. I will also run a sustainable DPS rotation and an aggressive DPS rotation without autofollow. They are situational but needed at times. Here is how I make my DPS rotation with follow.

DPS 1

Create new mapped key. Name it "DPS 1"
    Bind it to whatever you are going to spam. Set it to pass when pressed or released.
    Step 1: Keymap Actions -> Do New KeyMap Action
    Do Assist in ATG key map -> Self
    Do SF1 in ATG key map -> Self
    Do SF2 in ATG key map -> Self
    Do SF11 in ATG key map -> Self
    Step 2: Set to do not pass for 1.5 seconds (As you get haste and your GCD lowers you will lower this as well to reflect it).
    Do Autofollow in ATG key map -> Self
    Do CompAttack in ATG key map -> Self

So what this key is going to do, is on every keypress it will assist. On every key release it will autofollow. Every 12 seconds it will use corrosive dart. Every 35 seconds tactical advantage permitting it will use Stim Boost. Then it will prioritize Lacerate, then Backstab, then Shiv, then Rifle Shot. It will also tell your companions to attack what you attack.

I think that this should cover it. If there are any questions or clarifications requested please by all means fire away. Additionally if you see any improvements that can be made again PLEASE weigh in because the more minds we have working on this problem, the more elegant the solution we can find for assisting and autofollowing etc.
    Last edited by Mercbeast : 12-14-2011 at 04:38 PM

thanks man. truly

How many you going to box when its live?
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    I know I am.
    Kedash is.
    McWrathy is.
    Kris1234 is.

A lot of us are.

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    I think he may have meant how many TOONS

for me I will do 2 toons till lvl 10, then another 2, then box 4 from lvl 10 to 50

Im doing it this way coz im going for 1 of each class

Quote Originally Posted by Kris1234 View Post
    I think he may have meant how many TOONS

for me I will do 2 toons till lvl 10, then another 2, then box 4 from lvl 10 to 50

Im doing it this way coz im going for 1 of each class

OH!!!! that makes more sense.. kk, in that case..

I am doing 2 Inquisitors (one ass and one sorc) together, level to 50
    Then doing 1 warrior and one BH, together, to level 50

Similar to what Kris is doing.

I just started doing this in isboxer when it came to me that this current setup would only work if using multiple of the same class correct? because of the delays you put into SF1 ect

is that correct?

If so, then instead of creating new keymaps for each team, create them for each class and sub class instead.
    create ATG for class and sub classes instead of the whole group

this should then allow you to have a mixed team. ( I THINK )

any thoughts?

EDIT
    after thinking about it, im going to create a different KeyMap per toon so I wont have an issue when it comes to say, 2 BH being differnt levels with different abilities. altho until early access starts I have no idea what im thinking will even work :P
    Last edited by Kris1234 : 12-05-2011 at 02:25 PM

Well, there is more than one way to do that for ISBoxer.
    For example: you could do repeater regions, and be a clicker. where if you click the skill in the "1" position, it will do X for class 1 and Y for class 2. (When macros are able to be up), you could set the macros up for each class, and use the ATGs to perform multiple actions for multiple classes at the same time... OR, like you said, for now... no macros, and still use ATG's

It would be better to level 2 ranged units together, and if you are doing melee too, then level them up together too. In other words... dont put a melee and a ranged together, without using ATG's

Of course, you could also simply leave them out of specific ATG's and just be a key presser. But you would obviously need to put whatever spam skill in the keys for the toons specific for their use... and press the "1", "2", "3" etc.

Thank you for sharing all your stuff. Appreciate your time and work!
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

Good stuff Merc!

And Apps.. you cant level a BH and Warrior together until level 10. SWs and SIs start on same planet. BHs and IAs start on another.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )