Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 35

Default Cata - 5 man - Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub

How boxer friendly are Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub?
    Never tried any of them. Which of the two is recommended to start with, is any considered "easier" than the other when boxing?
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

I don't know anyone who runs them to the end boxing. Mages would kill some of the bosses and you can box some. I think there are some bosses with too much stuff going on to box it without major setups. Merc ran them for awhile with his team but never to the end.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Maybe with the new gear at this patch they will be easier. I've only done bosses with mages.

I can do about 3 bosses in each.

In ZG -

Bloodlord Mandokir isn't too bad as long as he doesn't keep killing my healer and I time my stun right for Oghan.
    High Priestess Kilnara is pretty easy if I can ignore her long enough to take down her cats first.
    Zanzil is hit or miss depending on what order he throws out his mixtures. I wipe a lot on him, but occasionally I get lucky.
    High Priest Venoxis I don't even attempt anymore. Toxic Link + melee = dead.

On the plus side, there's not a lot of trash that you have to clear and there's a nice collection of minibosses that mean I always come away with something useful for my time.

In ZA -

Akil'zon, Nalorakk and Halazzi are all pretty easy once you get the mechanics down. I have far more trouble with the trash most of the time. I'm still banging my head against a wall with Jan'alai.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

My mages are ilvl 359 (mostly boe from fl and whatnot) I'm gonna try za and zg next week. I hope I get them done. Sorry to the op for being ot
    Magtheridon US <The Zerg>
    PvE Teams (A lot funner than i expected)

PVP-Farming teams

If I remember correctly, only Setith is able to FARM these 2 instances, all bosses down, with 5 toons. He posted his video on this forum. Check it out. That was more than 3 months back.

Quote Originally Posted by valle2000 View Post
    How boxer friendly are Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub?
    Never tried any of them. Which of the two is recommended to start with, is any considered "easier" than the other when boxing?
    They are both pretty tough...as some of the 4.0 heroics are as well. I regularly 5-box ZA, although the hawk boss is the hardest. ZG I just cannot down the last boss with more than 2. If anyone has suggestions on how to regularly get ZA for randoms or at least an idea of how the random dungeon is chose, I would really appreciate the tips. Anyway, here are my ZA/ZG strats:

ZA:

1st boss: All stack. Kill white eagle when it comes and then replace the member who got flown away. The main thing is to stay stacked for the storm and have good healing/dispels.
    2nd boss: I setup my toons to take the charge in a specific and controlled order. I use tank cooldowns when he is in bear form. Otherwise this is pretty tank and spank.
    3rd boss: On the way to 3rd boss, CCs are needed. Be sure to always CC the fire guys and kill them last. If you have a mage, always spellsteal the speed buff. Anyway, the 3rd boss is the hardest. I have all my guys on follow the entire time and then run out of the fire every time he breathes. If you run too early though he will send the fire in a direction to where you are running. Spam group heals. This one is a slow burn. Do not kill him too fast. Kill one spawn guy and let the adds come. AOE down the adds. When the 2nd set comes, AOE those adds down too. Once they are down, you should get to the soft enrage. This is the burn phase. Basically just use follow a lot to avoid bombs and fire.
    4th boss: Just tank and spank as you normally would do it. Be sure that your slaves stay in the healing totem.
    5th boss: This depends on your group comp, but I normally kill one add and keep the other CCed. Be ready to interrupt the heals. Otherwise the only thing that you may want to interrupt are the mage frostbolts because they are hard to heal through.
    6th boss: This is roughly equally as hard as the 3rd boss. If you get bear/eagle, then do bear like the 2nd boss. For eagle, I put my guys on follow and move whenever the tornadoes move. Always kill lightning totems first. Invariably some of my slaves die this way due to the huge amount of damage here. If you get cat/firehawk, then do cat the way that you normally would. For firehawk I micromanage my guys and just move them out of fire. Ive tried having them all right/left strafe but it hasnt been well controlled.

I can almost 5-box with the timer up for the 3rd boss. Im working up to being able to do the bear mount run.

OK...for ZG: First of all, someone posted a video showing how to do the last boss, but it is REALLY hard. I have played with it a few times and I can get close, but it is just a ton of effort relative to ZA. For the other bosses:

1st boss: just memorize the maze and place your toons appropriately spread out. Burn him down as fast as you can. When the green beams come up, just move your guys. Mainly they will focus on a particular toon mid-way and just get him far away.
    2nd boss: make a circle and pay attention to where he points the devastate. You want it setup so you only have to move one toon when he does it. This is similar to the last boss in SFK except that you get a lot more time to react.
    3rd boss: Basically the same as you would do it normally. 1 pack of adds at a time. Be sure to designate a toon to interrupt tears. You may also want to interrupt other spells to get the boss to move with you to the adds.
    4th boss: Same as you normally would. If you get berzerker last, a reasonably geared party can burn down the boss before the zerker unfreezes. Otherwise youll need to switch to the berzerker.

Again: If anyone has any real tips on how to get the dungeon finder to pick ZA instead of ZG, Id really appreciate the help. I lose a ton of time maxing out valor for the week by avoiding or 2-boxing ZG.

Whilst boxing, once I got to a point where I was stuck on a boss I just kept my paladin tank in and got random's to finish the instance. So you can still get some VP.

Quote Originally Posted by olibri1 View Post
    If anyone has suggestions on how to regularly get ZA for randoms or at least an idea of how the random dungeon is chose, I would really appreciate the tips.
    Again: If anyone has any real tips on how to get the dungeon finder to pick ZA instead of ZG, Id really appreciate the help. I lose a ton of time maxing out valor for the week by avoiding or 2-boxing ZG.
    I am pretty sure that it is weighted and will try to match you to the dungeon you've done less of. I think the only answer is to defeat ZG more so that the weighting has less effect.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I am pretty sure that it is weighted and will try to match you to the dungeon you've done less of. I think the only answer is to defeat ZG more so that the weighting has less effect.
    Yes, it feels that way. It is as if it is trying to force me to clear ZG except that the first queue of the day is random...so perhaps the weighting is per day.