Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 40

Default Cata - End Times Heroic

This heroic is hard as hell. My guys are wearing some 359 and 346 blue heroic gear. If you have better gear it should be easier. So far I have killed Tyrande and this is where you have to put your team. If you put your team here you can avoid the spinning ball of silence/damage. I am working on Sylvanas but I don't have the dps to kill the ghouls fast enough. The key to her is spread your group out then dps a ghoul and run through the opening. I need to work on my macros and buy some gear to help with that pain in the ass boss.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

what combos were you using.

tank + shammies ?

Looks like
    Pally, Priest, Mage, Lock, Shaman from the screenie

Yeah thats the setup. I think I am going to give up on these because my gear is not strong enough for these heroics. My dps is too low and the trash is owning me. SWT will be out soon so I will just wait for it instead of wiping a million times in this place. It's obvious bliz wants you in 370 gear for these heroics. 346 and some 359's don't cut it.
    Epicurus

Hey pinotnoir. After buying 2-3 pieces of 378 gear last night on each toon except the mage, I went into End Time. I got Sylvannas and Jaina. They seemed pretty easy with my gear level (Avg 364/365 equipped). For some reason the armory isn't showing the 378 gear on some toons. Had one wipe on Sylvannas because for some reason if I have her selected when she pulls my team in, the assisting and macros break. The toons just stand there and do nothing. I use ISBoxer. So now, when she begins the quick summon, I make sure she isn't selected on the tank.

When the first ghouls spawn, I used Hero. On my last last Ghoul phase my mage was dead and barely killed the Ghoul in time. On the other phases, you can save your cooldowns/trinkets (EM, AP, etc). Right after you are dropped, hit your follow key, and drop your range a little in front of Sylvannas (I tap the back arrow key, which breaks follow on all the range) and then get next to the spawning Ghoul with your tank. Immediately when it becomes active, start your DPS cycle and tank the Ghoul walking backward. DPS with your healer as well, since you are not taking damage at that point. During the regular fight phase, I have the range grouped up and just use chain heal on the shamans when the team takes damage. The major damage dealer is the purple cloud crap that forms on the ground in a line under the group. When that happens, quickly use your strafe key that only broadcasts to the range, remove the echo debuff from a toon and chain heal/AoE heal. In your case, it looks like you have a priest, so AoE heals shouldn't be an issue. Since you have a lock, CoE should help compensate for the lower gear level.

The team I used was a Pally tank, 2 Elemental Shamans (Frost/Earth), a Mage (Kuromadoshi) and a Resto Shaman (Holy). Hope this helps.

PS. As for gearing up, all I did was brought my PVE team into AV weekend and converted honor to JP. Super fast. Doing it this way, you can pull at the right time instead of waiting for some other tank to walk halfway across the map. Same for Isle of Conquest.

~Shox
    Paladin Tank - Bubbleshox
    Blood DKs - Deathshox, Warshox, Conquestshox, Famineshox
    <Clan of the Red Dragon> - Malygos - Alliance

My gear is lower. I noticed the targeting problem after the pull as well. I can do the fight but my ability to dps down the ghoul before it gets to me is a toss up. I just don't have the gear to do it. My dps are using season 9 weapons. The best I did on her was make it to the 3rd ghoul. If I had more dps I could kill her. I have the movement down just not enough dps. With SWT weeks away I don't plan on going crazy gearing up toons for heroics only to take a break and play SWT.

My gear equiped is - (some pvp gear boost the numbers)

Tank - 361
    Priest - 354
    Shaman - 358
    Warlock - 360
    Mage - 358
    Last edited by pinotnoir : 11-30-2011 at 05:16 PM
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Yeah thats the setup. I think I am going to give up on these because my gear is not strong enough for these heroics. My dps is too low and the trash is owning me. SWT will be out soon so I will just wait for it instead of wiping a million times in this place. It's obvious bliz wants you in 370 gear for these heroics. 346 and some 359's don't cut it.
    well SWT still 20 days away. So I think just get some 378 gears to bump my ilvl to be above 372 to queue for random raid.

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    well SWT still 20 days away. So I think just get some 378 gears to bump my ilvl to be above 372 to queue for random raid.

If you get early access its only a few weeks.
    Epicurus

Managed to do the whole chain of instances with a part of 360~ ilevel (non boxed).

I think the issue could be in the DPS you're slamming, whats recount showing? Anything less than 18k is meh.

OUTLAND EU
    <Autobots Roll Out>

I'm less than 18k. I am queing solo for my dps. So far got the lock up to 368. With the quest rewards and a few lucky drops I managed to upgrade several spots! I think he has 1 blue left.
    Epicurus