Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 40

Sweet dragoneye!

I successfully cleared all three as well last night. They are much more enjoyable than the 346 heroics and seem easier. Two weeks before the patch, I decided to work on completing all heroics except for the troll instances. I had only completed vortex, blackrock, shadowfang and grim up until 2 weekends ago. The remaining ones were pretty difficult, especially the first boss to HallsofO.

When I completed the three new heroics my avg ilvl was around 365 on all 5. Both times that I've cleared End Time, I fought Sylvannas and Jaina. These are easy. Wonder what Tyrande and Baine are like.

The DPS for the Mage and Pally are odd. Most of the time, the mage is 2k+ dps above the shamans. On this fight, the pally at 14K and the mage at 11k? Very weird. If anyone has any questions about strategies for the bosses, ask away.

Once you get the mechanic down for Murozond, it is so awesome. Heroism the entire fight. DO NOT cast anything until he finishes casting his 3 second Temporal Snapshot. He does this at the beginning of the fight. Pull with the tank, manually click your tank macro on your main, then when he finishes his cast, go to town on your dps key. This way, all CDs reset when you hit the hourglass. We are talking, class ability cds, trinkets, elemental totems, the distortion bombs, your position on the field after he finished casting Temporal Snapshot, Health, Mana and your ALIVE status, and Aggro. You can dps and kite around the hourglass till all your range/dps/healer are dead and then click with the tank..boom instant alive, cds reset, ready to go 4 more times.. very cool.

For Queen Azshara, spread out in a line. Interrupt Hand and her 10 second long cast. Having her set as focus with a cast bar helps to know when she is doing it. Boss Mods will announce, but seeing the cast is helpful.

For Archbishop, spread as well, but during phase 1, only 1 ball hits a player. In his shadow form/phase 2, three are created.. This is where it is important to spread. The ISBoxer, built in Line Formation macro is very helpful here. When he starts channeling the balls, spread the frack out by 6+ yards and right at the end of the cast, begin walking forward or backward. The balls will target a player where the player was standing at the time of the launch. If the Archbishop is a good distance from the range, then you can avoid the initial hit and possibly be out of range of the small void zone it creates.

Last edited by TheShox : 12-15-2011 at 11:15 PM
    Paladin Tank - Bubbleshox
    Blood DKs - Deathshox, Warshox, Conquestshox, Famineshox
    <Clan of the Red Dragon> - Malygos - Alliance

Just wanted to post a little note for melee teams on Echo of Sylvanas. While DPSing her, try to spread as much as possible to avoide AOE damage, of course.

But when it comes to the ghouls, avoid using IWT. Line everyone up with follow and back step on your tank and step forward on your slaves so you break follow and are all stacked up facing the ghoul, then just use DPS abilities while slowly moving everyone backwards a step or two at a time. Using IWT more often than not turns the slaves in, so they end up backstepping into the purple crap instead of going in a straight line back towards Sylvanas.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Nice job at clearing. I am running my guys solo to get geared up. So far my best guy is 363. I have a lot of upgrades to go for reaching 378. Running them solo is pretty fun!
    I got slammed pretty hard trying to do them.. so I suggested to my partner about running my toons solo to gear them, and he said "What's the point running them solo to gear them, doesn't that defeat the reason to box & why would you want to run them once geared if you already have the gear?"

Have to say it made me think.

I geared my team up. I have not tried to run them solo but I do LFD with 3 dps and pug the tank and healer. Works pretty well.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Hmm thats a good idea!

So far ive downed echo of tyrande and echo of sylvanas, tank i level 365, 4x shamans 378-380

Murozond: im constantly wiping on this thing, first i had my 4 shammies just strafe out of the aoe but i could barely get a cast off before he planted another AOE bomb.
    Then i had them all on follow,,,this helped a bit, get about 10mil knocked off him before i wipe, but ive used all 5 hr glasses by then : /
    Just kited around the hour glass, problem is theres hardly anytime to stop and dps, his breath knocks almost all health off everyone.

Then when i hit the hr glass i thought all his AOE bombs are gone but when i do theres about 5-8 still around the hr glass followed by another 6 withing 10 seconds following so im left with nowhere to run.

Has anyone put up a video of them boxing this instances? would really like to see how you did this

Got no video, but can try to describe how I killed him:
    He is non aggro, use that to position your toons.
    I have my tank to his right facing him sideways to the group (to avoid tail and cone AoE), my healer stands close to the hourglass to click it later on, and my DPS are at max range, far enough apart so they dont get hit by each others crap on the ground. Muruzond never uses his AoE shit on the tank, so you can forget about him if you use a castsequence (just have tanking cooldowns, lay on hands and stuff hotkeyed just in case).
    I mostly try to keep my tank alive and my healer. I try to move my DPS toons and most importantly my healer out of the AoE stuff. Healer stays close to the hourglass, DPS moves forward toward Muruzond. I just switch clients and single move em.
    Don't panic if your tank dies, just DPS till all toons except of the healer are dead, then click the hourglass. Taunt with the tank after a reset, place totems, hit bloodlust and start DPSing again.
    With a bit of practice (2rd real attempt), I managed to kill him that way.

Before trying it that way, I tried the follow tank method, the cone AoE hurts... I also tried to have all DPS follow my healer, sucks badly too, cause they have to move all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseCake View Post
    So far ive downed echo of tyrande and echo of sylvanas, tank i level 365, 4x shamans 378-380

Murozond: im constantly wiping on this thing, first i had my 4 shammies just strafe out of the aoe but i could barely get a cast off before he planted another AOE bomb.
    Then i had them all on follow,,,this helped a bit, get about 10mil knocked off him before i wipe, but ive used all 5 hr glasses by then : /
    Just kited around the hour glass, problem is theres hardly anytime to stop and dps, his breath knocks almost all health off everyone.

Then when i hit the hr glass i thought all his AOE bombs are gone but when i do theres about 5-8 still around the hr glass followed by another 6 withing 10 seconds following so im left with nowhere to run.

Has anyone put up a video of them boxing this instances? would really like to see how you did this
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/commons/v...eroic-End-Time

Thanks for posting this toned
    Now that AV weekend is over will focus on these heroics tomorrow and see how it goes.

Finally did it,,,after constant wipes on final boss finally got it down, was mostly due to dps losing target when on my healer, still got a little messy but finally went down
    Just leaves Baine as the only one left to do in that instance.
    Pretty much did it the way toned did,,,thanks toned, video helped alot
    Last edited by CheeseCake : 12-20-2011 at 05:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseCake View Post
    Thanks for posting this toned
    Now that AV weekend is over will focus on these heroics tomorrow and see how it goes.

Finally did it,,,after constant wipes on final boss finally got it down, was mostly due to dps losing target when on my healer, still got a little messy but finally went down
    Just leaves Baine as the only one left to do in that instance.
    Pretty much did it the way toned did,,,thanks toned, video helped alot
    Ya that fight I recorded from my healer POV specifically because, that is the way I kill the boss. I drive with the healer and let the tank just stand mashing his rotation, and I have keybinding for tank cooldowns / lay on hands.