Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 40

To dove tail into this. Is the new gear up model ... grab some PVP gear + crafted + Firelands questline cloak to get into the solo queues for the new instances for questline gear, 1000 conquest/valor points and chance for instance gear? Seems the most efficient way to gear a team is to do the line + 2-3 instances solo then try to box it.

Here were my strats for what I've done so far:

Echo of Baine:

This is a DPS race, so I popped hero pretty early.
    Put all toons on follow and blast boss at the edge of a platform near another platform to swim to. if a ranged DPS gets blasted off, swim him over to the next platform. Just cycle through the platforms.

Echo of Jaina:

Slaves at range (all my dps is ranged), and blast Jaina...When she does the frost blades, put all on follow to avoid them. When she does the flarecore, switch to that...rinse and repeat.

Murozond:

He does surprisingly little damage directly. I just put all slaves on follow and dps. Each time he marks for the bomb, move aside. You can pretty well kite him around for a while. Unfortunately you'll eat the breath, but it is heal-able. Use your tank on the hourglass last. Make sure you always leave a path for a slave to run off to the hour glass. Make sure that the initial positioning for the pull is the most convenient to immediately resume DPS on the boss. I found that follow works very well but it makes the fight take a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Managed to do the whole chain of instances with a part of 360~ ilevel (non boxed).

I think the issue could be in the DPS you're slamming, whats recount showing? Anything less than 18k is meh.
    I've done the first heroic with 10k DPS without issue. Other DPS was 15k and 19k. I probably got carried. Haters gonna hate.

i got smashed first time i set foot in EoT. I got echo of baine as my first encounter. I also wiped once per trash until the last two when i learned to just make the tank go in circles and down the seer first. So onto baine - can you fight him on the 'main' island? like where the trash are. I run 365 pally and shammies btw.
    Calling me a noob would be an understatement...

with 378 gear the fights are really a lot easier.

I spent 3+ hours on all three new heroics last night and was able to clear them all with the traditional 1PAL+4Shaman setup but I was in mostly 378 gear am I am certain that the fights would be different with I was at a lower gear level since a couple of fights I just barely survived. I would suggest to stock up on justice points and get geared first if you prefer a smoother run. =)

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneye View Post
    with 378 gear the fights are really a lot easier.

I spent 3+ hours on all three new heroics last night and was able to clear them all with the traditional 1PAL+4Shaman setup but I was in mostly 378 gear am I am certain that the fights would be different with I was at a lower gear level since a couple of fights I just barely survived. I would suggest to stock up on justice points and get geared first if you prefer a smoother run. =)
    Good to know. Post ur strats too if/when u can.
    Calling me a noob would be an understatement...

Great work dragon eye. I did the first one, but haven't attempted the other two boxing yet. Fun challenges await
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Nice job at clearing. I am running my guys solo to get geared up. So far my best guy is 363. I have a lot of upgrades to go for reaching 378. Running them solo is pretty fun!
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

so 14-15k dps is about reasonable for this place.

I can't do it just yet. I got echo of tyrande on my try and couldn't dps her down in the last phase. Too much AOE damage, I am like 12k dps average at best.

once pvp honor gear open up next week, I think we can have an easier time at this place.

Anything random worth farming here ? like LK 5men's Battered hilt

Not really

Some BoE 378s, but very rare.