Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default Dual-boxing beta?

I was fortunate enough to get both of my accounts into this weekends beta. Unfortunately, the client doesn't allow multiple instances of the .exe running concurrently on the same machine, even if one is run as a different user.

I'll have my laptop available to me on top of my desktop about half the weekend, but I was wondering if anyone thinks it might be feasible to run one version of the game under VMware? Does anyone have experience with a similar setup? Are there any issues I'm not thinking of that would render it unplayeable?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think anyone in the swtor website got a weekend invite this weekend.

means all the kids will be stuffing up the servers to a 6000 queue... and then messing up general chat.

also means anyone with the tech savvy on these forums will also have an invite and should be able to test out how to box it all.

well different users/folders/drives/admins dont seem to work.

will test vmware now but I think I read elsewhere that this was a very laggy option

EDIT: theres like a million different vmware products :s
    Last edited by Kris1234 : 11-25-2011 at 10:12 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    I think anyone in the swtor website got a weekend invite this weekend.

means all the kids will be stuffing up the servers to a 6000 queue... and then messing up general chat.

also means anyone with the tech savvy on these forums will also have an invite and should be able to test out how to box it all.
    I've been in two previous weekend betas. As much as I'm looking forward to this game, and as much respect as I have for BioWare, these betas are being treated blike average MMO playtime for a lot of people. I stopped paying attention to general chat 3seconds after rolling my first character.

The sad reality of it is that "Barrens" chat is, and will probably always be, part of MMO culture and the overall MMO experience.

As for the original subject: I'm going to try VMware later this evening. Fortunately 'll have my laptop for the first few hours of beta.

i am using the two pc method. Following the ISBoxer help menu>guide>Using Multiple Computers. I used to to get two WoWs set up and running first. Now i can get two SWtORs to the launch screen ( just waiting to be able to launch the game.

Now if Merc would stop by and gives us some tips on how he had his hotkeys set up..that would be swell!! Merc has been two boxing beta for weeks now I think ( on two PCs)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

i will be testing 3 accounts tonight, i have a 4th account that doesnt activate til the saturday morning group.

I will be using multiple machines for this test as i do not run multiple instanced toons on 1 machine.

Based off my previious testing, there are a few hotkeys that need to be setup in steps ie: target focus assist focus, i am at work right now so i dont have my notes i made from the beta a few weeks ago. Ill post more later.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    i will be testing 3 accounts tonight, i have a 4th account that doesnt activate til the saturday morning group.

I will be using multiple machines for this test as i do not run multiple instanced toons on 1 machine.

Based off my previious testing, there are a few hotkeys that need to be setup in steps ie: target focus assist focus, i am at work right now so i dont have my notes i made from the beta a few weeks ago. Ill post more later.
    this will be helpful.. i have the keys passing but can not get the follower to assist me and attack.. i have 3 steps..1step hits the hotkey..step two targets party and step three acquires targets target. Not working like that though

im running into issues getting my ISBoxer to pass keystroke to the other machines, im using similar profiles that i use with Rift and WoW, but for some reason i can get any of my keys to work inside of TOR, I cant even get my ISboxer gui toggle to work.

Im still messing with it a bit to see what i can get done.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Same. I'm having issues too. Maybe I need to spend some time re-reading up in the subject.

I leveled to two sorcs to 12.. the noob area and one run of BT.. I'm able to broadcast keystrokes via broadcasting but they wont pass via keymaps for some reason. So i just did it keycloan style kind of.. with no macros its tough.. but i just basically would tab target to kill shit.. sometimes my other toon would be on its own target.. and thats fine most the time. If i needed both to be on the same target, i just manually targeted the mob with both toons.

Be nice if Merc would get on and gives us some tips.. it sounded like he had it all working good on two rigs.

I must say, even with it kind of feeling like I'm boxing old school style.. almost like alt tabbing again.. i can see why i started boxing in the first place..waaaay back when. Theres a lot of benefits to two boxing this game for sure, no matter how easy or hard it might be. For example... The first flashpoint is set for two players and their companions. One of the mini games is leveling your companions affection. Well when you duo this first FP ( Black Talon ) You get a TON of affection for your companion bt the time your done. There are a TON of conversations on this FP. If you were in a full group, you would not be able to have a pet out.. thus no affection.

Thats just one small benefit of course.. but things like crafting will be nice to have two as well. But anything more than two might be rough. If they ever add macros.. that will help a ton, but even then. ill be sticking with two, the companions are just that great! and fun!