Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Cloning window positions to other chars in EVE

Just tested this and confirmed that it works for copying your UI window positions (and possibly other stuff) across characters.

For Win7 (and probably Vista; not sure where it's at on XP):

1. Start menu -> Run... (or type in the search box) -> %appdata%, then click OK
    2. Go up one from Roaming and go into Local (c:\users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_g ames_eve_tranquility\settings)
    3. In there you should see core_char__.dat, core_public__.dat and core_user__.dat. Copy the core_user__.dat file to the same folder on your other machines and it should copy the window positions (and possibly overview stuff, but I haven't tested that).
    4. NOTE: If you're using ISBoxer, it will be in there too but it will be named core_user_1234567.dat or something similar. Each of those is a different character. Just duplicate the one you wanna copy and rename it to the same name as the others (you'll have to overwrite them) and that's it.

Hope this makes it easier to dupe your settings. Painful that this isn't an exportable option but it's easy enough to do.

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving for those celebrating it.
    Ugh
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

all it does is window positions? not overview or binds? not complaining, just curious =) I don't want to screw anything up that took forever to setup at this point.
    1 DK + 4 Ret Pallies
    2500+ Season 7 solo 5's team on Shadowburn
    18 Shieldpocs + 6 Basi + 2 T3 Boosters in Eve Rig Pics & Info

Worst case, just backup the entire folder and if anything goes wrong, just restore everything. I haven't tried keybinds or any of that as all I really cared about was the window positions (which is what I usually end up messing up somehow).

Approved by win7+isboxer.

Thanks for the info!

OK, so to update things, I've noticed a bit of a quirk. "Current target" status window does some funky things with text wrapping depending on distance and a few other things. Due to being unable to pin windows and have them lock position, when a vertical resize event happens in the status window, it pushes the other windows down to accomodate it. If you have one ship targeting something far away and some targeting up close, it will shift your overview such that you can't broadcast accurately anymore.

The fix for this is to:

• Get all the windows stacked up properly so mouse broadcasting works.
    • Move the overview and drone windows out of the way (do this while broadcasting so you can move them back en masse; saves time)
    • Resize the status window either horizontally or vertically by about 30%, depending on your screen size limitations.
    • Move the overview and drone windows back over and snap them to the new status window size.

I did this a couple days ago and have not had any issues since.

I always make the selected item window significantly larger than it starts out in order to ensure this doesnt happen. The EVE UI has so many quirks it can be a pain.
    1 DK + 4 Ret Pallies

Also the core_user_1234567.dat and core_char_123456789.dat (varying numbers) files have nothing to do with ISBoxer, everyone has those install specific (user) and character (char) specific settings.
    1 DK + 4 Ret Pallies

Which of the files controls the Overview layout? I would love to setup my overview layout and copy it through my other characters. Having to manually do it with broadcast sucks.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Which of the files controls the Overview layout? I would love to setup my overview layout and copy it through my other characters. Having to manually do it with broadcast sucks.
    I performed a quick little test and it looks like the core_user file is the one that controls Overview Settings and the like.

I tested this by creating a new character on an account and noticed that the overview is the same as my old character. This is by no means conclusive but is enough for me; besides why not copy the both to all your accounts?

I copied the core_user file to all my characters numbers but it didn't copy window positions. However, it did copy all the settings which was nice. I need something that keeps the overview positions.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus