Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 35

a bit late but it seems like a repeatable strat, at least it works for me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERuU9GUvlVo

Can you explain your fight with the boss that has adds and fire? I forget his name. Whats the advantage of leaving slaves on stairs? And why didn't the adds come until late in that fight?

It looks like positioning on the stairs stops the adds from taking damage from the fire (I'm guessing because it hits on a horizontal plane and they are below it). Both hatchers were killed when they cam which means no adds get broken out, but they all come when the boss reaches 25% (or something) health so you need to be able to burn him down at that point and spam heal your tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I am pretty sure that it is weighted and will try to match you to the dungeon you've done less of. I think the only answer is to defeat ZG more so that the weighting has less effect.
    No wonder I get Throne of Tides and Deadmine all days as my random heroic. I keep queuing. Keep getting those 2. Keep avoiding them. At this point, I just can't box random Heroic anymore. because every time I queue, I get those 2. endless cycle here.

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    No wonder I get Throne of Tides and Deadmine all days as my random heroic. I keep queuing. Keep getting those 2. Keep avoiding them. At this point, I just can't box random Heroic anymore. because every time I queue, I get those 2. endless cycle here.
    would running those two with a single toon fix that? so you run each 5 times? ( you would have to suffer through some pugs..unless you have guildies ) Once you have them all done does it start being "random again?"
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

good question. I think it should help.

But I don't have time to rotate my toons for do TOT and DM in pugs. I think just wait for new gear to blow those 2 instances up, hopefully.

Is third boss in DM giving you the problem? Try this - position your dps and healer on the right railing as your enter the room. Tank taunt boss below and blow all dps cd. With the nerf to the molten ele, I can kill the boss with 3 dps.

ya 3rd boss was a blocker for me.

but i was all melees though.

blood dk, enhance shaman, arm warrior, ret paladin, holy paladin team.

the boss cleaves so chance of screwing up is high. if I can somehow push to 20k DPS with bloodlust (hopefully new gear in 4.3). I might be able to blow him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    It looks like positioning on the stairs stops the adds from taking damage from the fire (I'm guessing because it hits on a horizontal plane and they are below it). Both hatchers were killed when they cam which means no adds get broken out, but they all come when the boss reaches 25% (or something) health so you need to be able to burn him down at that point and spam heal your tank.
    yea, it keeps them from taking fire dmg, at least until the first bomb then they get teleported to the mid, the adds come at 35% so at around 36-37 i blow the CDs and dps the crap out of him, normally I dont wipe but for some odd when i recorded it i did

Nice to know! Might try boxing these now with a traditional group.