Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default 5x Drakes vs Enemies Abound 5/5

This is one of the missions rated "very hard" in the EVE-Survival lists. Obviously, multiboxing it with ISBoxer makes it a whole hell of a lot easier.

This was my first real mission with the new setup and I must say, it R da bee's knees.

Just to illuminate some of what I'm doing here:

1) I have an overview preset saved with only enemy ships (mostly). All 5 are sorted for nearest range.
    2) For ships that aren't cooperating with the range list, I right click the target on my main and fleet target it, which makes it bubble up to the top of the list on everyone's overview (eventually) for easier selection.
    3) For times when I wanna make sure I'm focus-firing, the layout above makes it easy to select the same ship individually on all 5, then mouse-broadcast-click the missile launchers. I click-broadcast them due to the fucked up way EVE swallows keyboard commands depending on which window element has "focus."
    4) I use the context menus to recall/resend the drones. With the layout above, it makes that task trivial.
    5) My 5th guy is about half the skill points of the rest, so some things don't line up properly yet.
    6) I setup the UI for broadcasting mouse clicks by going into them all, selecting "Reset to default window positions," turning on the option for "Lock windows when pinned" and then pinning the overview windows. I also moved the target list over next to the overview and arranged it vertically. As you can see, it makes things very coherent at-a-glance.

Let me know if you have questions on the setup.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 11-09-2011 at 02:58 AM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

So what software did you end up using to capture that? I'm sure I could utilize that for upcoming videos.

http://camstudio.org/

The video is laggy doing full-desktop plus multiboxing on the same PC but I didn't have to do much tweaking to get it working. And the video only ended up being about 500MB using H.264 encoding. And it's surprisingly legible even after youtube conversion.

Post-processing was done with Windows Live Movie Maker.

That's awesome. Are all your eve windows the same resolution? How many monitors do you have?
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Quote Originally Posted by d0z3rr View Post
    That's awesome. Are all your eve windows the same resolution? How many monitors do you have?
    Yeah, all 5 DPS are the same size (stacked) on the same monitor. The 2nd monitor is where I put the other 4 guys' target lists (and the tiny window so I can monitor them for general status).

Just.....WOW. Need to get my Eve's setup like this Instead of alt tabbing again

Hi Ughmahedhurtz,

Been a bit of a lurker here and on the ISBoxer forums. First of all thanks for sharing all your hard work, as it has given me some inspiration on how to expand my multiboxing from 3 to 6. Hmmm is that inspiration or am I just crazy? :P

Regarding this video, I was curious about a couple of points that you made:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    2) For ships that aren't cooperating with the range list, I right click the target on my main and fleet target it, which makes it bubble up to the top of the list on everyone's overview (eventually) for easier selection.
    3) For times when I wanna make sure I'm focus-firing, the layout above makes it easy to select the same ship individually on all 5, then mouse-broadcast-click the missile launchers. I click-broadcast them due to the fucked up way EVE swallows keyboard commands depending on which window element has "focus."
    Point 2 is what confuses me the most. Maybe it's something really obvious but I just don't get it What is this 'right click fleet targetting'? Do you mean you broadcast the target as the fleet commander or? And what do you mean by the 'bubbling up' part?

For point 3, you're basically saying that you just mouse over to the overview of the ship that isn't cooperating and manually select the target you want to engage right?

Cheers and thanks again for all your work,

Kaytek

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytek View Post
    Point 2 is what confuses me the most. Maybe it's something really obvious but I just don't get it What is this 'right click fleet targetting'? Do you mean you broadcast the target as the fleet commander or? And what do you mean by the 'bubbling up' part?
    Yes, exactly. I can broadcast from any client and it eventually sorts the target list so that target is at the top of the list. [edit] It's worth noting that a target broadcast only sorts to the top of the overview list for something like 20 seconds, so you have to broadcast and then make sure everyone targets it pretty quickly. The amount of lag you're seeing seems to affect how quickly the overview sorts things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytek View Post
    For point 3, you're basically saying that you just mouse over to the overview of the ship that isn't cooperating and manually select the target you want to engage right?
    Yes, basically. It's single-targeting on each client but with the side-by-side layout, it's much easier to see which ones have the wrong target selected. Then broadcast-click the weapons to engage and you are assured that everyone is focusing the right ship.

Glad you found this all helpful.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 02-14-2012 at 05:06 PM