Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Threaded View

Default Gathering via Interact with...Mouseover

This is the short version of how I set up Gathering Via IWM. There's a {MUCH} longer, more detailed version with images on my site

-----

When I came back to WoW recently, I made a lot of changes to my setup, not the least of which was scaling my slave screens down so I could make better use of my secondary monitor. One of the drawbacks to this was it made it harder to do gathering on my slaves. I'm sure you all know the annoyances that come with that.

I decided to try just mouse broadcasting from my main to hit the node. Fail. I only got one shot at that because click to move would scatter my other slaves all over the place. Poor positioning meant I'd just end up having to move over to the proper slave screen and do it anyway.

I spent a while thinking on it. Then, while checking something in my keybindings, I happened across a binding I hadn't noticed before. Interact with Mouseover. Hmmm...interesting. I set a binding for it on my main and went to check out what it does.

Moused over the mailbox and hit the binding....mailbox opened. Huh, neat.

Ran over to the Warchief's Command Board and did it again. Fascinating.

Backed up so I was out of range and did it again...nothing happened. Huh? NOTHING happened! I didn't go running over to the board! It doesn't activate Click to Move. Now we're on to something.

I immediately set the keybindings on all my toons and ventured out into Durotar. I found a Copper Vein, turned on my mouse broadcasting and hit the hotkey. And there goes little Lifetaker, mining away while everyone else just stands there. Wonderful!

But, as science will tell you, once is a fluke. So I ran around looking for other stuff to try it on. Here we started seeing problems. Smaller herbs were harder to hit. Positioning and camera angles made the whole thing hit or miss. How to make this work...?

A fresh latte later and -

Using Interact with Mouseover for Gathering

First, go into your WoW Key Bindings and set a key for Interact with Mouseover. It's right above Interact with Target in the Targeting Functions section.

Next create a setview macro for everyone. I used the same view I have for my normal AOE macros. Bind it to a hotkey, of course.

Now, you'll need a Formation key. Basically just something that sends "move back" to the master and "move forward" to the slaves, so you can press it until they meet in the middle. This also breaks follow so your slaves don't turn in to face your master as s/he moves towards them, thereby screwing up their positioning.

For my HotKeyNet script its

Code:
    <MovementHotkey LShift S>
        <SendLabel w1>
            <Key Ctrl NumpadEnter>
            <Key S>
        <SendLabel w2, w3, w4, w5>
            <Key Ctrl NumpadEnter>
            <Key Up>
    This just calls the SetView macro at the same time as moving. Or you can call the macro separately, or as part of the keyup, or as a step somewhere. Whatever makes you happy.

Finally, you'll need to enable mouse passing and call the keybind for IWM. Again, how you do this will depend on the program you use. In ISBoxer, you can do on next press or you've got the thingy to keep broadcasting the mouse. For HotKeyNet I use Clickmouse

Code:
    <Hotkey Oem3>  
        <SendLabel w1, w2, w3, w4, w5>
                <Clickmouse Noclick>
                    <Key Shift Space>
                    <RestoreMousePos>
    Notice the Noclick. IWM is a hotkey, the whole point of using it is to avoid having to use the mouse to click, thereby avoiding triggering click to move on your slaves. All you want to be able to do is have the mouse active on your slave screens so the screen knows WHAT to interact with.

Now I just run up on whatever node, hit Shift+S quick to pile everyone up and tap `. No more squinting, no more screen swapping, no more slaves randomly clicking to move all over the place and it's pretty darn accurate assuming the terrain doesn't just suck.

You can also disable this on your master {or not} and use it to gather quest items on the landscape. I just used it to do the daily cooking quest "Careful, this Fruit Bites Back", where you need to pick Prickly Pear Fruit off the cacti in Orgrimmar. This way your slaves can get their quest done first so your master can still see the sparklies.

And as noted in my long leadup, you can use it to interact with other non-targetable things, like mailboxes, wanted signs, command boards, books, your guild bank, etc.

As with anything else that uses mouse broadcasting your mileage may vary depending on your camera angles and mouse scaling. But if you're successfully using mouse broadcasting to AOE, Heal or just about anything else, this should work just fine for you.

Hope someone else finds this useful and it's not just old hat stuff that I totally missed.
    Last edited by Lax : 11-22-2016 at 03:05 PM Reason: removed outdated link
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _