Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Red face Dilemma - looking for feeback

Hi all,

Once again I come to ask for feedback on one of my side projects.
    The project is called Dilemma and consists in user-submitted fun mini-surveys.

It is free and easily accessible as both a website and a free Android App.
    (they share the same underlying database and dilemmas)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

There's already a bunch of questions (~150) spanning from "Which of the Avengers if your favorite?" or "What should I eat tonight" to more serious one related to news and event of our lifes. Feel free to add more.

There is no absolutely no need to review all the Dilemmas, just browse at will and vote when you find one that means something to you. Overall it is meant to be light-hearted entertainment, with a pinch of interesting information about people's habits and opinions.

You can browse the existing dilemmas at will, but to vote or submit your own dilemmas you will need to register (simple username+password, no email necessary)

Disclaimer: the content is slowly growing and obviously it will make more sense once Dilemmas have more votes recorded ;-)

Looking forward to your comments/critics
    Thanks,
    Zub
    .[I

As an example, I find this pair amusing

.[I

Looks very promising. Easy to use and fun.

I wonder how far it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Littleburst View Post
    Looks very promising. Easy to use and fun.

I wonder how far it gets
    Thanks LittleBurst,
    It'll go as far as members are willing to take it !
    tell all your friends ;-)

Did you use the web version or the app?
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    Thanks LittleBurst,
    It'll go as far as members are willing to take it !
    tell all your friends ;-)

Did you use the web version or the app?
    Web. Not into apps really

I've played a bit with the website.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you could have the choice to see the results only after you voted ? I have the feeling my choice might be biased because I see the more popular choices beforehand.

edit : it's quite funny to browse the questions and see what people have voted though

edit 2 : just got this error as I tried to add a dilemna ^^

Code:
    (removed)
    Last edited by Daeri : 11-01-2011 at 10:33 AM Reason: removed sql code that doesn't need to be shown to the world now stuff has been fixed
    Dualboxing on a computer running Linux & MoW.
    EU-Uldaman

Quote Originally Posted by Daeri View Post
    I've played a bit with the website.

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you could have the choice to see the results only after you voted ? I have the feeling my choice might be biased because I see the more popular choices beforehand.

edit : it's quite funny to browse the questions and see what people have voted though

Thanks, I thought to hide the results until a vote was given, but in the end decided against it for a couple reasons:
    - first it allows people to have 'defensive'votes , if they see a topic dear to them going in the wrong direction. otherwise they might not bother voting
    - also , it allows the 'casuals' to browse freely and still find some interesting content
    - last, i'm not sure how to hide it while still showing it ;-)

In the phone app i hide the results when you're about to vote. but they are shown otherwise
    Last edited by Zub : 10-31-2011 at 06:01 PM Reason: just saw your edit, sorry bout that, will look into it asap
    .[I

No worry there's no hurry for me
    EU-Uldaman

Quote Originally Posted by Daeri View Post
    No worry there's no hurry for me
    I can't seem to repro that problem
    I made a couple changes, hoping they were the source of your issue. Would be good if you could try again when/if you have time.

cheers
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    I can't seem to repro that problem
    I made a couple changes, hoping they were the source of your issue. Would be good if you could try again when/if you have time.

cheers
    Just did. Worked like a charm Thank you !
    EU-Uldaman