Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Lax, might wanna respond to this

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3341758633

This is from a Blue

Correct. Having your character do something on a key press and another action on the release would exceed that one action per key press guideline.
    And this is obviously from a Tim alt

Pwnboxer does not perform this automation and was written specifically to abide by the rules. It is also likely the most used software to multibox in WoW, possibly more than all combined. To give you some perspective, the author of Pwnboxer was also the CEO of Wowhead.

IS Boxer appears to perform this automation (it allows 2 actions per 1 keystroke) so it would appear to violate the rules as the Blizzard rep above has just explained it, and such violation could probably get you banned (according to the EULA/TOS, violating the rules can result in account termination). To give you some perspective, the author of IS Boxer is tied to botting software and gold farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Knytestorme View Post
    And this is obviously from a Tim alt
    Sounds exactly like Tim. I wrote out an entire post on my thoughts and how I felt about all of this but,
    after re-reading it it was ultimately a post making fun of Tim so... I deleted it because I'm not here to
    start drama.

For everyone:

It comes down to this, what was said in that thread was taken out of context. You can either believe
    what I say or not. I'm not going to go through another thread like this when this topic has been beaten
    into the ground. The post/reply in question continues to use the word automation (as if there is any
    automation happening), holds PB on a pedestal, and straight up bashes Lax as if he's a terrible person.
    If anyone doesn't feel comfortable using such a feature that ISBoxer offers, then don't. Any Mapped Key
    that is currently set up to take advantage of the press/release can easily be converted into 2 steps.
    Bottom line, no one is getting banned for using ISBoxer/Inner Space. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Any Mapped Key
    that is currently set up to take advantage of the press/release can easily be converted into 2 steps.
    I think this is the most important part to take out of it all, at least as far as I'm concerned.

We know that it's been a bone of contention at times between Rob and Lax and I believe now that there is a blue post specifically stating that an alternate down/release sequence is not allowed we need to make sure anyone using IS in WoW is aware and pushed towards using steps instead.

Don't think Lax should remove that feature obviously, since IS is used for more games than WoW, but on the WoW side any help offered should talk about it in the same way as we talk about using the macro facilities offered by keyboards and mice now.

this has got me into drama before with lax and tim's silly "One Button = One Action Per Window"

at the end of the day the if i set there with my had pressing all the mumpad at once am going to press a lot of keys same thing u can do it even with so call his software like what MiRai said u do not have to use it.

But blizzard looking for "One Button" "One Action" NOT "One Button" "One Key Press" this is what i been told when i asked about that and Goble cooldown and cooldown spells. (as it can be done in the in game marcio system its just a def way to do it)

Lax Does know what he can and can not do when he was adding video feeds he got it checked out before we used it and to be fair we not talking about opening a ticket to some random desk guy that reads what the screen says in front of him his gone down the guys that have the real power over the game.

tim just asks Game masters i know this becouse his done it on his live stream a few times to get this point over.

At the end of the day just becouse its blue does not meen they know it all they know what there told and what they feel is a easy way to put it.

Av been useing this system over a year on my deathkights and i been reported a hell of a lot in Bg's arana world pvp. no ban no nothing HELL i even played with a Gamemaster standing right infront of my in a dungon before and he was watching my deathkights just nuked stuff down and Nothing has been said to me EVER!

{{Changed some (stuff) am not 100% sure on))
    Last edited by ebony : 10-14-2011 at 03:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Knytestorme View Post
    I think this is the most important part to take out of it all, at least as far as I'm concerned.

We know that it's been a bone of contention at times between Rob and Lax and I believe now that there is a blue post specifically stating that an alternate down/release sequence is not allowed we need to make sure anyone using IS in WoW is aware and pushed towards using steps instead.

Don't think Lax should remove that feature obviously, since IS is used for more games than WoW, but on the WoW side any help offered should talk about it in the same way as we talk about using the macro facilities offered by keyboards and mice now.
    Alternating has nothing wrong.... you press 1 button it does one thing, you press it again it does another. Regardless that one key press is only doing 1 thing.

From what i can read in the thread its against the rules to have a spell casted on keypress and one on release, but since there is a Global CD in WoW and ISboxer doesnt remove it (so even if u whant to press 2 spells in one press+release, there is only 1 that will go off because of the GCD, there is nothing wrong really.
    <Autobots Roll Out>
    Outland EU Alliance Multiboxing Guild

Glows Movies @ WCM
    Movie account stats: ~300 000 views - 4.69/5 rating

Well I guess you can do a check on the down and see if a spell is available and if its not then cast the default spell on the up ... not sure though.

I guess you can't cast a spell buff on the down and then cast a spell on the up ....

I wasn't using the up/down feature of IsBoxer but was planing to but I guess Ill abondon that plan.....

Its not like you will lose much, people can press a key twice very quicly.

I don't see where this feature has any effect on IsBoxer desireability.

Almost every programable keyboard has delays which are against the rules yet has anyone every heard of anyone getting banned for delays in keyboard macros?
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 10-14-2011 at 04:55 AM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

I can push 5 buttons at once with my hand...... no software needed.... it doesnt mean 5 spells go off.... you are still limited by the global cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    Well I guess you can do a check on the down and see if a spell is available and if its not then cast the default spell on the up ... not sure though.

I guess you can't cast a spell buff on the down and then cast a spell on the up ....

I wasn't using the up/down feature of IsBoxer but was planing to but I guess Ill abondon that plan.....

Its not like you will lose much, people can press a key twice very quicly.

I don't see where this feature has any effect on IsBoxer desireability.

Almost every programable keyboard has delays which are against the rules yet has anyone every heard of anyone getting banned for delays in keyboard macros?

Yes, I know someone who got banned for using a G15 to do something. I'm not sure what he used it for but when he got banned he said the only thing he did wrong was use his G15 to do some "nifty" macros.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

yes g15 software will allow you to macro a ton of things, i had once used it to make a macro to where i would press G1 and my priest would target a mob, cast 4 or 5 spells and kill it, loot it, and go on to the next, yes that was WRONG and i stopped doing it when i found out it was considered automation.
    This was way before i was boxing though.

On a side note, it looks like Tim's post was deleted from that forum, i dont see it there anymore unless i just completely looked over it.

I dont know who that is but from that post he sounds like a real douche, we get enough heat, why would you throw another boxer under the bus like that? i dont get it.

Let them hate, as long as they fear.