Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Need some help with ISboxer and WoW

Ok I purchased both ISBoxer and PwnBoxer. I liked the way ISB auto targeted with the master and auto followed and such (using jamba) but PB runs smoother. I was running a system the was moderatly good but not awesome or anything. I decided to upgrade as I wanted to use ISB. My system now stands at:

i7 870
    8G RAM
    GTX 580 3G
    120G SSD

Before upgrading I could only run 3 characters in Dal but I could run all 5 in places like Org with no real lag, though I did get lag pretty bad in some places. When I upgraded I expected to do better but now I get stuttery play while moving around Org and when I go to Dal, 1 of my characters just locks up the game. I tried removing and redoing ISB from scratch but no help. Right now I have made NO changes to the straight from the download config for ISB. Any ideas on what I need to do or what other info I need to provide. It just seems that with my system I should do better. If not I guess I'll have to figure out how to do all the scripting in PwnB ;o( At least with PwnB I can run all 5 toons in Dal smooth as silk.

Blog Entries

Basically each of the windows is rendered at full size with IS Boxer.
    So it is the same as having five copies open, each with the same full sized screen.
    I'd reduce the settings on your slave windows somewhat, to alleviate this issue.
    Reducing the background FPS might be all you need.
    But you can reduce the graphical eye-candy on the slaves as well, or even set it such that the current master has good settings, while the slaves have reduced settings.

You could try to limit your background frames per second.
    So your slaves don't use as many resources.
    IS Boxer Toolkit > Character Sets (Top Left) > Click your Set (Top Left) > Select each slot in turn (Bottom Left) > Check Limit Background FPS > Set to something like 20.

You could set up a mapped key to lower the graphical options on the slaves.
    And to increase them on the master.
    And make that part of what happens when you switch from one character to another.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=32654
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Your system should be just fine to run 5 game clients (with ISBoxer) wherever you go assuming you're not
    trying to run High or Ultra settings or with Multisampling enabled on more than just 1 client.

Just to elaborate on what Ualaa said, PB runs slave game clients at a lower resolution which saves on
    computer resources, however, you don't get instant swapping. If you'd like the same "low resolution"
    behavior in ISBoxer you would need to go into your Window Layout and uncheck the Instant Swapping
    feature (which I don't recommend since it takes away from one of the many things ISBoxer is known for).
    Instead, I would recommend using a Window Swapping Macro and details on that can be found here
    (different than Ualaa's link although related).

Also as stated already, 30 background FPS can be slightly rough on some systems depending on what's
    going on. Even with my higher end system I don't always run 30FPS background depending on what's
    going on.