Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Angry BG and AFK - Jamba suggestion as well

I have seen a HUGE increase in players flagging my toons AFK. It is hard to try and even play AV anymore. Yesterday, I was flagged AFK before the gate opened and toons were ported out as I was turning the first corner. To remove the AFK debuff you must fight a player. Killing a mob won't remove it.

Most of the time I don't even notice I have been reported AFK and think it would be useful if Jamba could warn you with a loud sound and message on the main window. At least I could attempt to remove the debuff.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in this? I was going to post my discontent on WoW forums but then figured it would only bring more attention to it and box-haters would be all over it.

This whole situation gives me a pouty face. \
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

probey not what u wonnted to hear but i did do something to help this works kinda sweet just video feeds to show the chats of the other chars you "could" make a new window that only shows System msgs so u will not get all the BG chat to be fair i called all my def names and i join the last few mins so they can not see me standing at the gate makes stuff sometimes easyer if i been in a few groups getting kicked.

but to be fair there not a lot u can do once reported there not much way out of it unless u can kill a player.

They do whatever they can to piss u off hates will be hates nothing we can do about it now blizzard got there new systems in place.

You could always set up Power Auras to show the Idle (or 43680) and Inactive (or 43681) debuffs on your
    screens for your entire group (even with a countdown!).

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    You could always set up Power Auras to show the Idle (or 43680) and Inactive (or 43681) debuffs on your
    maybe we can add that in jamba?

Edit thats for procs really not debuffs. was there not a addon that did cross chars buffs/debuffs being made?

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    was there not a addon that did cross chars buffs/debuffs being made?
    Power Auras

Blog Entries

If I get reported AFK when I'm not AFK, I respond with:

/run for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()-1 do local unit = "raid"..i local name,realm = UnitName(unit) if(realm) then ReportPlayerIsPVPAFK(name.."-"..realm) end end

With five toons running that macro, it reports every person in the BG as AFK if they're not from your server.
    One of the Legion of Boom guys originally posted that macro, and it gets people rather upset quickly.
    I like to pipe in, some idiot reported me AFK too, and I'm not AFK...
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    If I get reported AFK when I'm not AFK, I respond with:

/run for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()-1 do local unit = "raid"..i local name,realm = UnitName(unit) if(realm) then ReportPlayerIsPVPAFK(name.."-"..realm) end end

With five toons running that macro, it reports every person in the BG as AFK if they're not from your server.
    One of the Legion of Boom guys originally posted that macro, and it gets people rather upset quickly.
    I like to pipe in, some idiot reported me AFK too, and I'm not AFK...
    That macro has been around for ages and was even reported in a similar thread to this a few weeks ago. And that macro was king back in the mass cave afk days. My win ratio actually increased significantly due to horde still having 15 afkers and that macro kicking all of ours, nice healthy advantage.

Also, you don't have to kill an enemy player, 1 offensive spell is enough. I forget if attacking galv/bal wipes it though.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

You can also submit a GM ticket reporting that individuals are abusing in-game actions to interfere with your playing. It's against the ToS and a GM can take action against the individual(s). Whether they will is a different story.
    Styrr - Legion of Boom - GM

Blog Entries

You have no idea which three (or is it five) toons have reported your guys as AFK.
    I know five is enough of my toons, to report everyone else AFK.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Rated Arena Member

Sure way to cure that just do what i do have the bloodthirsty title on all your guys lol