Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 41

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    I'm sorry I meant zenga. His Legendary thread he mentions using 3 different guilds to get his shaman the staff and that they would transfer back to his main realm once he accomplished that. He's basically using 3 guilds and I don't see how that's any more defensible than someone who tries PvP in PvE gear. Just sayin...
    Your comparison makes no sense at all, you might as well use someone's political opinion or the fact that someone married is banging his neighbour to defend your point. Not to mention that you have no clue about the scope/deal I have with these guilds. Before going totally off topic, if you were to have questions/remarks about that, feel free to chuck me a PM or post in that thread.

All I am saying is that I report 5 boxers in the smaller bg's, when they ignore objectives, farm hk's, don't play for the team, come in crap pve gear, etc. Because it makes me waste my time. Eventually their team will be split up and a few are afk'ing on the GY. There is a pretty clear rule about that: you have to be active in a bg and are not allowed to afk. All I do is use the ingame tool available to do that. If the boxer manages one way or another to not have toons afk'ing, what I do has zero influence on him. You called me a dick for doing that. Fair enough. But next time think about the effect your way of playing in bg's has on your teammates, and then decides who is the dick.

Back on topic: power auras like mirai stated has everything needed to warn you when one of your toons is flagged afk.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

If for some reason one of your toons get killed, is sent to the GY and is waiting for you over there (because there is action where the rest of your toons are or whatever), Do you /afk that toon?
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    If for some reason one of your toons get killed, is sent to the GY and is waiting for you over there (because there is action where the rest of your toons are or whatever), Do you /afk that toon?
    I only 2-3 box the smaller ones. In 40 man bg's it's not really influencing the team when you 5 box (to the negative). At least not to my experience. But to answer your question: if in AV I don't have a combat rez available and right at that point graveyards change and my dead toon is at the other side of the map, yes I do leave the BG with him and carry on with the ones gathered up. But most of the time if I die in a bg while boxing, it's a complete wipe. But then again, I always have pvp gear on (at the max level that is of course), even if they just start out, there is always the crafted gear that is much better than full pve gear.

It might be just me, but I won't join a raid when I don't know tactics, I won't join a dungeon when I can't pull my weight, and I won't join pvp when I have no gear for it. For the simple reason that I don't want to be a liability to my team, when I know I could 've done a couple of simple things to avoid it. It has little to do with being a good or bad players, I personally prefer a bad player who has put the effort in getting crafted gear over a seasoned player in full unenchanted.gemmed pve gear. But as said, that might be just me.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

All I am saying is that I report 5 boxers in the smaller bg's, when they ignore objectives, farm hk's, don't play for the team, come in crap pve gear, etc.
    But that is not what you said before. In fact you said you report boxers BY DEFAULT. Think about that one. You don't even wait to see if they try to perform objectives. So yea, I would call that a dick move.

Read the post under that where I explained what I meant with 'by default', before jumping to conclusions. In the end I'm no native English speaker, so you need to be patient with me

" pvp gear on (at the max level that is of course)"

Yes, most of us who box BGs want to reach this goal. Personally, I mainly box AV because I love the instance and whether I am 5 boxing or 10 boxing, my goal is to win. I am glad not everyone pre-determine's my motivation and AFK me right off the bat.

What criteria, other than someone being a boxer, do you look at when auto-AFK'ng boxers? What if I have 5 rogues and I go guard a tower and nobody comes in for 2 minutes? No matter how you try to justify it, you are griefing fellow boxers, period.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Did you actually read the thread or are you just trolling? Either way, I mentioned the reasoning behind it. If you fail to understand/read that, so be it. If that makes me a dick in your eyes, that's your problem. I rest my case.
    Last edited by zenga : 10-11-2011 at 08:18 AM

I think it is generally bad policy to put power in the hands of haters.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Power Auras
    btw, thanks! going to give this a try.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Blog Entries
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa