Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 41

Reporting boxers by default is just so f'd up. You are griefing your own kind? *pout*
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Blog Entries

Honestly... my accounts are not currently active.
    My summer job is over, but I've not quite gotten the itch to play.

I was primarily running AV's, and occasionally IoC's (on that weekend).
    And doing the minimum amount of arena to cap those points each week.

The smaller BG's aren't really worthwhile for me...
    Mainly because as a 5-man team, I'm usually more of a detriment to the team than an asset despite being able to consistently take on twice as many opponents easily.
    Having half the team in one place is not an asset for the smaller BG's.
    But being able to break most choke points or to hold a choke against a larger force helps immensely in the larger scale BG's.

To each their own I guess.

I'm tempted with four teams.
    - Continue the Pally + Frost DK's, for the HK titles.
    - Take the Druids into PvE (which I've basically avoided this expansion), either as Ferals or as Tank + Healer + Boomkins.
    - Level the Spacegirls, who are 80th... possibly for tradeskills and play the gold game again.
    - Level the 5x Holy Pallies, who plan to stop at 72nd for the very active 70-74 twink bracket.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    How can you assess their valor if you report them afk "by default"?
    There is no objective way. 'By default' might be bad wording, what I want to say is that when I see a 5 boxer in my 10-15 man bg I have every intention to report him, but obviously I wait a couple of mins to see the plan. Even though I admit I have been wrong, reporting someone who turned out to be an asset to the team. But in 9/10 cases it was the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Exactly, this is nothing but a dick move.
    Very possible, but if personally think a 5 boxer in pve gear joining my WsG farming honor in the middle, running back to GY to collect up a toon all across the map, not giving a shit about the 5 other players in the bg ... is a much bigger dick move.

It's not something to I started doing on day 1. It's because I've seen so many terrible 5 boxers who frankly give no shit in the smaller bg's. If they are entitled to their fun to join wsg with 5 in pve gear, I'm entitled to my fun and try to protect that.

Quote Originally Posted by blast3r View Post
    Reporting boxers by default is just so f'd up. You are griefing your own kind? *pout*
    I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of boxer who joins wsg with 5 toons, goes middle to farm HK's in shit pve gear and later on brags about the amount of HK's after the team loses 3-0. So I'm not really griefing 'my own kind'. If you as a boxer want to take 5 slots in the smaller bg's, you should be really really good, or else you are griefing 5 other team mates.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of boxer who joins wsg with 5 toons, goes middle to farm HK's in shit pve gear and later on brags about the amount of HK's after the team loses 3-0. So I'm not really griefing 'my own kind'. If you as a boxer want to take 5 slots in the smaller bg's, you should be really really good, or else you are griefing 5 other team mates.
    I find the middle to be the most effective spot for a boxer to be in WSG. If i'm not there, I am carrying the flag.

If I had the option, I would never have WSG come up as a random
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    If I had the option, I would never have WSG come up as a random
    QFT I hate the capture the flag games both solo and boxing.
    Styrr - Legion of Boom - GM

Zenga, question for ya:

1. Use 4 guilds to get your shaman legendary staff. 3 of which will lose said shaman after he gets it.

2. Use a couple people in BGs to help get you gear

Which do you think is worse?
    Last edited by Multibocks : 10-10-2011 at 07:40 PM Reason: Wrong person. Sorry Toned.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Toned, question for ya:

1. Use 4 guilds to get your shaman legendary staff. 3 of which will lose said shaman after he gets it.

2. Use a couple people in BGs to help get you gear

Which do you think is worse?
    Are you in the right thread? Toned hasn't posted in this thread (yet).

Let me input my 2 cents here.

You cannot be marked AFK before the gate goes up. Believe me i've tried... if you are getting marked before the gate goes up it is indeed a bug... and you can report that.

You get 2 minutes to engage in pvp.... if you mount up and run to midfield... you can engage pvp in less than 30 seconds if you have an epic mount.

So unless you are being a starting tunnel sleeper there is no reason for you to get kicked.

So instead of typing WHO AFKD ME YOU LOSERS I"LL KILL YOU ALL..... just run to the middle and attack. (npcs do not count... wolves/harpies etc).

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Are you in the right thread? Toned hasn't posted in this thread (yet).
    I'm sorry I meant zenga. His Legendary thread he mentions using 3 different guilds to get his shaman the staff and that they would transfer back to his main realm once he accomplished that. He's basically using 3 guilds and I don't see how that's any more defensible than someone who tries PvP in PvE gear. Just sayin...
    Last edited by Multibocks : 10-10-2011 at 07:43 PM

In my opinion the report afk tool should JUST be used to report AFKers (and that means toons that are standing in the cave or GY and not moving at all)
    Reporting anybody else AFK because they are moving sideways or no doing what YOU decided is preventing them from playing the game the way THEY want. it's harrassment. And abusing game mechanics.

It shouldn't be used as a tool to remove the "not-so-good' players. Believe me, they are allowed to play the game too.
    Last edited by Zub : 10-10-2011 at 08:03 PM
    .[I