Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 41

Well we all cant be that good lol

Quote Originally Posted by blast3r View Post
    Yesterday, I was flagged AFK before the gate opened and toons were ported out as I was turning the first corner.
    That seems like an exploit to me. Surprised you can report people AFK in the first couple minutes at least. Or just sloppy coding, IMO.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    You can also submit a GM ticket reporting that individuals are abusing in-game actions to interfere with your playing. It's against the ToS and a GM can take action against the individual(s). Whether they will is a different story.
    I submitted a ticket and he basically said it wasn't a violation of TOS and said just kill and enemy player to remove the debuff. If killing non-player mobs would remove the debuff maybe I should just stop and kill everything I see.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Budkin View Post
    Sure way to cure that just do what i do have the bloodthirsty title on all your guys lol
    Isn't it kind of difficult to obtain that title when people are flagging you AFK and you're getting kicked from
    the BG prior to killing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by blast3r View Post
    I submitted a ticket and he basically said it wasn't a violation of TOS and said just kill and enemy player to remove the debuff.
    That's a pretty weak response. Improper use of an in-game feature on purpose with intent to hinder
    someone else's legitimate playing style. As Ugh stated above, it's pretty shitty that you can report people
    so early on in the game.

When I have a 5boxer in my team when I play solo in bg's (which is 95% of the bg's i run), I report them by default except for isle of conquest/AV. Seen too many of them who either plain suck, have no clue what they are doing or just honor farm and ignore any objective. Which results almost every time in a loss. Opposite team focus fire 1/2 toons who is at the graveyard and the boxer has no means to gather up again. Had several occasions where I could boot a few toons and that turned the battle to our advantage resulting in a win. If the boxer is a good player and an asset to the team I leave them be. But that rarely happens, I basically treat the boxers the same way as I treat bots, slackers, afk'rs etc ... I report them afk.

Last night in 75-79 bracker I queued up on various toons (solo) with a mate for AB weekend. There were 3 boxers active on alliance, 2 who frequent this forum and who have a decent arena rating. And in 10 games where opposite team had a boxer, we never lost a single time. Not specifically due to the boxer, but 3-4 people of his team always following him, giving us free caps. And even in 85 bracket, quite some classes can nearly 1 shot a toon in the current state of the game.

My point being, it's no surprise that in the smaller bg's people report you afk if you think you are worth 50% of the team.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

If being reported AFK before the match starts is not a bug, I'd suggest running the macro and reporting everyone else as your normal practice anytime you're reported.
    At least all the assholes who report you before the match starts will also be booted.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.
    If it's going to take a few hundred threads on the suggestion forum (from angry people who have been flagged AFK before the match starts) for the Developers/GM's to change the system, so be it.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    or just honor farm and ignore any objective. Which results almost every time in a loss.
    Any time I pursue objectives to win, and am reported AFK...
    I stop trying to win, and just farm honor kills.

Reporting me AFK reduces your chances of winning.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Any time I pursue objectives to win, and am reported AFK...
    I stop trying to win, and just farm honor kills.

Reporting me AFK reduces your chances of winning.

You quoted only half of the truth

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    If the boxer is a good player and an asset to the team I leave them be. But that rarely happens,
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

How can you assess their valor if you report them afk "by default"?
    .[I

Exactly, this is nothing but a dick move.