Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Multiboxing Rift Dungeons Bard/Rangers - Charmer's Caldera (normal)

It's probably still processing the HD resolutions.
    [edit] It's done. Yuck, the things youtube does to 720p should be illegal.

Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-21-2011 at 02:29 AM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I paused the video to let it buffer, read the description, and I still adjusted my volume after hitting play
    because I couldn't hear anything. It's too early...

cool. there are times I miss RIFT, but man PvP is really broken.

would love to see you talent try lay out working on lvling my rogues now there 40s. if read what you have the video right you have
    25 bard/16ranger/25 nightblade. from the looks of it you got the max lvl tanking pet. so think should be 25ranger/16 nightblade.

would love to take a look at your talent and how you have them spent. but movie works great. right now i'm running 4 bards plus a bladedancer tank. nice to see all bard team working =)

Talents are 25bard/16nightblade/25ranger.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vhx0h.EG0c0bos

I shift points in bard from Deafening Music on two of them for Imp. Anthem of Competence on one and Anthem of Glory on another.

Note that this video was like my third run in there. They go a LOT faster/cleaner now that I'm familiar with my limits and the instance.

My 5th is 40bard/16nightblade/10ranger for fully-bonused Anthem of Fervor and Motif of Grandeur.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vqs0V.Vhx0h.VG
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-21-2011 at 08:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Talents are 25bard/16nightblade/25ranger.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vhx0h.EG0c0bos

I shift points in bard from Deafening Music on two of them for Imp. Anthem of Competence on one and Anthem of Glory on another.

Note that this video was like my third run in there. They go a LOT faster/cleaner now that I'm familiar with my limits and the instance.

My 5th is 40bard/16nightblade/10ranger for fully-bonused Anthem of Fervor and Motif of Grandeur.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vqs0V.Vhx0h.VG
    Did you clear all the normals while leveling? at level? When i quit my bards were 40ish. the questing got very grindy around then. I was running them with a similar spec. I found that the mass AE was insane for questing and rift slaying ( ranger ae )

Your pets took a good beating. Did something get buffed in a recent patch? My guys were always well geared ( crafting and lucky purple drops ) but the pet just did not last in instance.. i was speced high enough for good tank pets as well.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I played 4-box with a RL friend playing 5th up until about 35. Then he got busy at work and I quested to 45ish without doing any instances. I couldn't tell you how they'd do at-level while leveling, though I suspect it would be wildly variable.

Things got difficult around 35-42ish with elites/invasions as you get to a point where you don't have enough points to get the goodies from bard and still have enough for the max-level pigs and the 68% AoE reduction. Once you hit about 43/44 you have enough points again and can start filling out the rest of the bard tree. The thing is that bard/ranger builds aren't a smooth progression through the levels. They are drastically different in terms of capability every 5-7 levels. Kinda like how the old enhancement shamans were in BC.

[edit] The pets take a good bit of damage primarily because A) I don't bother moving them out of the massive AoE that would hammer normal players, and B) when I rebuff motifs or cast my AoE finishers there is a good 2-4 second gap before I start healing again. Also, in this video, I let Motif of Regeneration drop off several times, so it looks like they're getting beaten on a lot more than me just being lazy and not healing much. Note that I have an AoE heal that will heal all 4 pets from almost zero to full in one cast but I rarely bother with it as it is usually massive overkill with all the other passive healing going on.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-21-2011 at 10:10 PM

The passive healing is what made the bards sound so good from the get go. The DPS from cadence was good enough and the healing was insane. At some point there was a patch that nerfed cadence dps and healing i thought. Or maybe it was just poor scaling. But the higher level i got, the less healing they seemed to do. SO I was just wondering if a patch helped it a bit. But it sound like the magic is in the late 40s or so. Anyway, I'm looking forward to when i can fire them up again before SWtOR comes out. I would like the get them to 50 and see a little bit the the end game before TOR sucks me in for the next few years. ( Just waiting for the cash to build my new pc )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

So, in half greens and half blues, I set dungeon difficulty to expert and went back into Charmer's Caldera. Yeah, bard pets don't scale well for experts. One hit by the fire elementals would typically hit the pigs for 75% of their health. Hard to keep up heals on that kinda incoming damage.

thanks for sharing the specs I total missed unstable state and fire and death. out of nightblade. on side not CC expert is T2.