Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Starting to MB EQ2

I have boxed WoW in the f2p style, but I am looking to get a little more out of it. So i am switching to EQ now that its f2p for most of the content. I know very little about EQ2 and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a team make up and what have you. Also am wondering if anyone would want to run the 2nd half of a team with me, 3 toons each. Thanks for any of the help that you can give D.

I am in memphis

It would appear (having read relevant eq thread)s that the most 3-box efficient team is an evil SK+Defiler+Warlock given the inherent team noxious damage synergy. Gives you a great combo to play with. Choose a race with racial tracking ability for main (SK). and welcome. I play Swash+Inq+Fury and love it too.

Also, make DPS/Heal macros, its pretty easy in-game and there is a nice forum thread in eq section on how. you could easily do with 1-= buttons for every situations including cc etc.
    Last edited by akourbat : 09-08-2011 at 07:27 PM

Well I am assuming the f2p server might be down cause i am unable to long in atm to start seeing what i want to play. I was thinking of rolling high elf as my race. I am trying to keep cost minimal sorry for now probably only using what ever classes are given to me for free at the get go.

If I am not mistaken, the races that have tracking abilty are half-elf, wood-elf, kerra and halfling. its really helpful when running dungeons for "named" mobs. also, in my team I have group invisibility which is awesome, otherwise you may want to use invis totems for SK+defiler+lock party I suggested. since they dont have that art

Also, there is a great feature in EQ2 called AA - alternative advancement that can effectively make your team overpowered if you channel earned xp into it. check it out on official forums. I two-boxed all content (and all dungeons) untill lvl 60 where I decided to add fury for dmg.

I should note that I have full subs on all accounts since its importat that I could use master-level spells for my team's abilities.

Also - if you are looking for a full team of 6, the concensus is about

(1) SK tank (should have race tracking) - great AoE tank
    (2) Templar (reactive heals + dmg)
    (3) Defiler (shields + dmg)
    (4) Troubadur (mana regen)
    (5) Illus (cc + dmg)
    (6) lock (aoe dmg)

that party has group invis, evac, damage synergy, complimentary buffs and what not. kills everyting in sight too
    Last edited by akourbat : 09-08-2011 at 08:44 PM