Close
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Showing results 51 to 56 of 56

I don't know why you'd want to box D3.

I boxed D2, albeit without the additional luxuries of IS/IB.

It's like smash TV in that sense where controlling a single character should prove to be interesting enough.

Mind, I haven't played D3 so not entirely sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    I don't know why you'd want to box D3.
    I'm guessing some want to box, just because boxing is more fun/challenging than playing a solo character.
    Others want to box, because they'll be stronger and able to take on more difficult content for higher rewards.

Not to mention the Real Money auction house.
    If you could play a video game, and make a living doing so... that has a certain appeal to it.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I finally got into the beta. For anyone who might be boxing (or thinking to) this currently: Question!

Since loot is customized per character (you don't see the loot of other characters), how do you handle picking up loot on your other toons?

In wow, when you multibox, you often play with smaller viewports on your other toons but can at least see everything you need to on the ground and use interact with target to adjust. In diablo, you won't even know unique loot dropped unless you are keeping an eye out for it.

Thoughts?

The answer is probably just to get used to being observant in each window when you're killing important things. You might miss some random drops you're not expecting to look for. This is a very different style of game from World of Warcraft, and therefore it requires a different style of multiboxing as well. That's about all there is to it IMO

ISBoxer works great for Diablo 3 though.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

The way I see it, you either ignore regular drops on your other characters, or you set up some sort of pixel scanner to pop up a message whenever a certain color of item drops.

Otherwise, just do a quick look when you drop an elite or a named or a boss. You still get most of the gold from quests and running over it, so in reality, maybe you're looking at only getting maybe 2-3 times the loot and 3-4 times the gold of 4 individuals, but that's still not bad for one person.

I saw a video showing rare runs, playing with a friend taking it in turns for drops bringing in a level 1 character/deleting etc.. could be done on own with 2 accounts. It was so you could keep playing the same waypoint over again and going straight to a boss.