Close
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 56

Quote Originally Posted by valle2000 View Post
    Did see this in a FAQ so my guess is D3 isn't boxable...

Only one Diablo III license may be attached to a Battle.net account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkerer View Post
    That one licence per b.net acc thing displays the stance blizzard is taking towards d3, I think that boxing will be very painful because I expect them to hinder it as much as possible.
    It takes a whole 60 seconds to create a new BNet account with a separate e-mail and then confirm it. I
    must have 10-12 BNet accounts just lying around... most which are doing absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    It takes a whole 60 seconds to create a new BNet account with a separate e-mail and then confirm it. I
    must have 10-12 BNet accounts just lying around... most which are doing absolutely nothing.
    True, you can also create several facebook accounts as well. However with facebook I know there's a rule saying you may only have one per individual. This caused a lot of trouble at my work since you may not have a person@work and a person@home account since that would break their rules, so when visiting work oriented facebook pages everyone must use private accounts (if they already have one).

And my guess is bnet may use the same rule. And if they do it complicate things since we (multiboxers) in WoW always can say we do NOT break or bend any rules.
    Last edited by valle2000 : 10-31-2011 at 05:43 PM
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Blog Entries

Unless D3 is very different from D2, unlike Warcraft you might not interact with other players nearly as often.

If you have a party of four characters, in D2 you would join a game and that was about it.
    Other players in other games wouldn't even be aware of you.

With a shared auction house, it depends on how it is set up.
    If its an interface you deal with on your end only, both to search/purchase or to list...
    Then no one is going to see who you are, and that you have extra toons with you.

If you physically have (well electronically) a point where multiple players hang out online, the equivalent to Stormwind or Orgrimmar...
    Then others will see that you have four toons with similar names and sync'd actions.

If Blizzard wants to make it illegal to box in their world, they could restrict the game to one game per IP address or something similar.
    There are probably workarounds, but if they really don't want boxing then it probably isn't worth boxing the game.

If they don't care one way or the other...
    They get their game purchases or commitment to subscriptions in Warcraft.
    And you'll purchase the expansions when they come out.
    And the AH thing, is other players buying/selling and not Blizzard...
    Boxing might be difficult or doable, and it might be worthwhile.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Don't think restricting to IP address can be done, cause several persons can sit in the same network behind a router sharing the same external IP. So blizzards only option to restrict this is if they have a rule allowing one bnet-account per person (but have no idea if such a rule exists).
    Last edited by valle2000 : 11-01-2011 at 12:30 PM
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Well the issue with multiple b.net accounts is that it will break wow, for me at least, since I can't share boa items between my characters. I made a ticket a week ago saying that I would like to take advantage of the annual sub if they offered 5 Diablo 3 licences for me however they said that there is nothing that can be done apart from splitting up my wow accounts again.

Blog Entries

I've got five wow accounts, each on their own B.Net email.
    I did that for the single authenticator being able to get all the accounts in, on the single code.

If the authenticator ever went, and the batteries are not infinite life, I'd try to merge them into a single B.Net.
    The BoA is nice.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

I am not much of a Diablo player.

all I know is there will be a lot of loots.

question here is can I obtain the best gear without having to play the hardest difficulty. inferno i believe.

maybe hardest difficulties have higher chance of droping better loot. But you can still farm normal=> hard to get the same loot. Is that how it works ? or best gear only comes from the hardest dungeons.

and if we don't use camera zone/pan, broadcasting mouse clicks can work somewhat. After all, you click at the same spot relative to your screen resolution anyway. So your character will be in sync for movements.

Then I just use 5 sorcers to AOE farm all day for AH profit.

uhh the BEST loot will come from the hardest difficulty... dont get me wrong you can still get good loot from hell difficulty and such, but the very best stuff will come from inferno... but if you box it, provided you can somehow manage it, things will be much better for you. as far as loot and the real money ah are concerned anyway

i plan to at least try and get two copies... hopefully i can muster a way to box it, even if i have to have two computers and play with two nostromos or something lol

if best loot ONLY comes from inferno, then i guess we have to figure out a way to box that.

then again, a couple sorcerers spam frost arrow full screen attack. How hard can that be ~~~~

Blog Entries

In Diablo II, difficulty scaled based on the number of toons in the game.
    If you ran one character, mobs had a lot less health than if you ran two characters in the same game.

If your party cooperated, having more toons made the game easier than fewer characters.
    But they needed to work as a team; having half the party go one way and the other half another way didn't usually end up going that well.

With more toons in the game, there was better loot on whatever difficulty, because the mobs had more health and hit harder than say the single player version of the same difficulty.

As a boxer, it would be rather likely that our toons would cooperate and focus on the same objective.
    I'm just not sure how effectively a party can be run together.
    It would be rather cool if the boxing approach worked.
    Aside from the real money auction house (which would be a fun bonus to the game), the Diablo universe has always been amazing, as has boxing.