Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 56

With a real money auction house, someone will do it. The Chinese will be first most likely. One of the talks at DefCon this year was about "hacking/botting" mmo's for profit. The guy who got sued by Blizzard for Glider and some other dude that was full of himself talked about D3 specifically. If the China can write their own WOW client that runs in a command line to remove all of the rendering and display overhead so they can run a 1000 clients on a single box instead of 10, then they are going to make something work for D3.

Unless D3 contains the tools for us to multi-box it (follow, assist, modifiable UI, macros). The best I see happening is a player setting up an ambush and dragging mobs and bosses then spamming an AOE hotkey. And unless they put in group/raid content. There won't be a reason to box it.

Mods can nuke that first paragraph if they deem it inappropriate.

If there is no /follow... Maybe I'll dual mouse to dual box!

Diablo full screen on one monitor and full screen on the other, train my left hand to be as awesome as my right hand. Then i'll eventually get half my brain to function for each one.

I'll be awesome. Click Click Click.

Sidenote. You can test a lot of theory in Torchlight 2 when it comes out since that is supposed to support multilayer. If you could get it working without assist and follow, you should be able to get it to work for both.

D3 looks very similiar control-wise to D2 - some use of keyboards for actions, major use of mouse for movement.

It's nigh (love that word) impossible to multibox D2. In fact, it is quite frustrating controlling two characters in that game. I play D2 off and on and whenever I have to rush my characters thru levels, it is a PITA constantly mousing over to click and move them somewhere.

I believe D3 will not be possible to multibox. But I will still have two accounts so I can rush characters, and for any other unknown benefits.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

The big difference between D2 and D3 position wise is that D3 has no colision detection (last I heard), so getting character in one spot and being able to control them all from one mouse may be a bit more feasible. Also, it's point based instead of tile based, so that helps too.

There is some interesting hate going on at the official diablo 3 forums if anyone is interested in the hatorade. People talking about wanting bans, banning software boxing and the like. If anything I find it hilarious since the average normie won't even see a boxer farming anything, and I haven't heard of any boxers thinking of getting in to the pvp aspect of the game.

I haven't 5-boxed WoW for a couple years now, and used to be a frequent regular on these forums. I quit 5-boxing because mechanics of the content I wanted to easily run was made more difficult by movement & positional fights.

However, after playing the D3 beta for awhile, I have a feeling that it will be relatively easy to multibox as long as you set it up properly. This means mouse broadcasting and using classes that are ranged. Ranged attacks from the wizard, witch doctor, and demon hunter play pretty well to fire-and-forget style of play that this system will favor.

For mouse broadcasting on one machine, you're going to want 4 equal sized windows. a 2560x1600 screen will make 4x 1280x800 windows - decent sizes. Two 24" screens (what I used to 5-box WoW) will make 4x 1200x860 windows if the screens are rotated vertically. This may be ideal.

Diablo 3 does not have /follow, but there is no player collision either, and the camera angle/view is always static. Basically, you'll want all 4 of your characters stacked at all times, and you'll mouse broadcast at a pixel relative to the top left of the window instead of using /target macros. This is not ideal, but it is possible. The problem really really relies in keeping your characters stacked, which may be difficult if there are a large amount of mobs that cause a knockback effect on an attack.

The goal of 4-boxing D3 is simply for farming. 4x MF wizards being able to cast indirect AoE at locations instead of on targets will do some major damage. 4x MF witch doctors will likely be very easy to play with their summoned creatures. 4x MF multishot demon hunters.. again - indirect AoE.

While the monk and barbarian CAN be multiboxed, it won't be ideal. Since they're melee, they're going to be subject to more knockback effects that will de-sync the stacked group of characters, which means your mouse broadcasting targeting areas won't be the same. It'll be more work to make them get back to the same spot. I'm not saying it can't be done - just that it's not ideal.

As for creating a multiboxing group for farming, it may be better to use 4 different b.net accounts than 4x copies of D3 on one account. Why? The shared stash. It hasn't been confirmed or denied by Blizzard if the stash is shared among all the characters on a D3 account or all characters on a b.net account. I believe it's only the 10 characters on the D3 account, but I haven't found concrete evidence of this yet.

Even if multiboxing doesn't turn out to be worthwhile, there is so little relative investment in 4x copies of D3 compared to WoW subscriptions, I'm definitely putting down the $200-240 for 4x copies to see how well it works.
    Ex-WoW 5-boxer.
    Currently playing:
    Akama [Empire of Orlando]
    Zandantilus - 85 Shaman, Teebow - 85 Paladin, Kodex - 85 Rogue.

Definitely going to 4-box Diablo 3 after testing the beta for how well this would work.

Bahahahahahahahaa!!! you made my day man!
    oh i had a good chuckle at that

Guess I will have to go back to running a toon or two with my feet.

Did see this in a FAQ so my guess is D3 isn't boxable...

Only one Diablo III license may be attached to a Battle.net account
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

That one licence per b.net acc thing displays the stance blizzard is taking towards d3, I think that boxing will be very painful because I expect them to hinder it as much as possible.