Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 56

I'm thinking I may run a barb or something and have 3 Witch doctors following me around for minions. Let's me focus on killing and then we can pick anything valuable up before moving on. May only be able to farm 2+ times faster, but that's still faster than solo boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    ...but that's still faster than solo boxing.
    Without follow or assist functions, I highly doubt that would be the case. Imagine trying to box anything without follow or assist.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Uh, hence the point of minions. They attack on their own, so really you just have to move the character in range and the minions do most of the work.

Uh, hence the point of minions. They attack on their own, so really you just have to move the character in range and the minions do most of the work.
    You're relying on the unknown factor of being able to perfectly sync up cameras and/or movement without a
    follow system. If it's like WoW, where no matter how perfect your cameras are synced up you still can't move
    as one unit then, you're going to be stuck flipping between windows and constantly adjusting them manually to
    walk straight for 5 steps at a time before they all veer off again. That's going to get old real fast.

Hardware boxer here. Simplest thing to move is just going to be grab a mouse, click, move on, repeat twice.

Though if I can get characters to stack since there is no colision detection, that may make things easier. I could also broadcast a mouse cursor to each box and bind left click to a different button and then I don't have to swap my hand to different mice. Maybe set up some key bindings to walk up, left, right or down, or attack in those directions.

I swear, does anyone have anything interesting to add aside from "you can't do it"? I remember a time when this forum was about what we COULD do, not trying to shoot everyone else down. I'm aware it's going to be a pain in the ass.

Blog Entries

I swear, does anyone have anything interesting to add aside from "you can't do it"? I remember a time when this forum was about what we COULD do, not trying to shoot everyone else down. I'm aware it's going to be a pain in the ass.

Until someone gets lucky and gets into the beta or some other hands on time, there cant be much more than wishful thinking or educated speculation on how/if it can be done. All we can do is list the current limitations and hurdles that we have. 99% of the "we can do it" talk has come after hands on trial and error. That being said, tackling a problem knowing current issues/limitations/bugs/hurdles only prepares people to make a more education analytical approach to accomplishing the goal, so I think it is healthy to have every post why they think it wont be possible or what may cause problems.
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com

Hardware boxer here.
    I don't know what difference that makes.
    I swear, does anyone have anything interesting to add aside from "you can't do it"?
    Unless someone here is in the beta or someone here knows someone who is in the beta, we all know very little
    about this game besides what we've learned on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I don't know what difference that makes.
    Hardware boxing is a bit different than software boxing, especially when you're talking about flipping between windows and making assumptions about any assumptions I may or may not have.

Hardware boxing is a bit different than software boxing, especially when you're talking about flipping between windows and making assumptions about any assumptions I may or may not have.
    The difference I was speaking of was how a hardware boxer would be able to move in sync without a /follow
    system more efficiently than someone who uses software since that was really the entire point of my initial post
    -- being able to stay in sync. As for "flipping through windows," that was really just a universal term I used. I
    guess I could have said, "
    you're going to be stuck going from window to window and constantly adjusting them
    manually."

Theres someone streaming Diablo 3 beta on justin.tv