Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Addon to show SCT damage of party members?

Is it possible to see all the damage of party members in a SCT type of mod?
    Keyclone-Best multi-boxing program period!!
    latest release: http://solidice.com/keyclone ( v1.8e 26feb2008 )
    download: Download Keyclone
    Hotkeynet -awesome free multi-boxing tool.

Yes.

Does one exist currently? No.

Would it make sense to write one right now? Only if you did it on the PTR since the combat log system is entirely revamped and anything you do on live will need rewritten for 2.4.

Is anyone likely to write it? No. However I believe with the new system mods like Mik's Scrolling Battle Text and other SCT type mods will be easily hacked to suit your needs.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

If you want to wait till the PTR release's its new system on public and have a chat with me then to dicsuss what you need I will see if its a addon I can create for you

Quote Originally Posted by 'Falkor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=41593#post41 593
    If you want to wait till the PTR release's its new system on public and have a chat with me then to dicsuss what you need I will see if its a addon I can create for you
    That would be great. I was really wanting to just see the numbers scroll up of all my 5 shamans as I ripped through stuff. I just thought it would be interested to see their crits and what not. Thanks.
    Keyclone-Best multi-boxing program period!!
    latest release: http://solidice.com/keyclone ( v1.8e 26feb2008 )
    download: Download Keyclone
    Hotkeynet -awesome free multi-boxing tool.

Ok well heres my concept:
    On your main setup 4additional chat channels: #Shammy2 #Shammy3 #Shammy4

Then put move these chat channel frames out onto your screen where ever you want them to appear.
    Next we have an addon on your 2-4 shammys that sends the entire content of their combat logs to their relevant chat channels.

Would this help?

Caleb has just confirmed that the new combat system is just around the corner, in the intrest of saving time and not wasting code that is only able to work for 2-3months I won't be looking at creating this addon till I see the new combat system!.

Hope you can wait :P

I would be very interested by this kind of features too.
    If someday you need a beta-tester ... :-)

Regards,
    Veroniká

This used to be possible with Parrot SCT pre-2.4. You just had to make one small edit to one of the LUA files to tell it to look at all your party members. There was a post in this forum explaining in great detail how to do it (don't have the link handy). It worked extremely well; I could see exactly how much damage and healing all of my minions were putting out, nicely grouped up (i.e. 2x hit 2x crit for X).

Unfortunately, last I checked Parrot had not been updated for 2.4 yet. Rather than writing a full new addon, it might make sense just to fix Parrot. I'll do this myself if the authors are MIA.
    AETeam Suramar ~ aeara ~ aebra ~ aecra ~ aedra ~ aeera

Remeber the combat log has been completly changed in 2.4. So if the author of Parrot does not put the work into it to make it 2.4 compatible, which in most cases involves a major rewrite, there will be no more parrot.

I too would like to see something like this working again. I use SCT mainly, however I would change to something else if we could get this working.
    5 Boxing - 1x Paladin 4x Shaman - 70
    Charles - And his 4 angels.
    Aman'Thul - Alliance

Old theard, but now that SCT is doomed, anyone ever try to mess with MSBT or Parrot to get it to work?