Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: TBC - Karazhan

Default TBC - Karazhan

I'm multiboxing Karazhan with my 85 team just to experience it, cause I have never done it before.
    However, I can't seem to complete the Chess event. How do I please win this when multiboxing? Can it be done?

Can I get to last boss without doing the Chess event?

Edit:
    Couldn't find any Karazhan thread in this section, so I made this thread.
    Last edited by valle2000 : 08-21-2011 at 06:52 PM
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

to beat the chess event you need to kill the enemy king.
    this is by far the most difficult envounter to multibox in karazhan nowadays.

Yes, if it hasn't changed, you need to defeat it to get to malchezzar.

The chess event is really Free loot when there are several players, it's very easy and you can reset it as many times as you want. When playing alone however it can be difficult as you need to control several pieces to succeed.

Last time i did chess alone (that's a fair back now) i think i only worked on 4 toons, the 2 healers, the king and the queen. I believe when you set them an action you can swap to a different piece and they will still continue to perform that action (healers keep healing etc)
    set the 2 healers on king, and set the queen adn king to dps the opposite king.
    you'll peobably need to move a few pawns out of the way first, and try many times.

good luck
    .[I

It's more or less random if you win. The closest I came to consistent wins was to control the two healers (warlocks?) and keep the king healed to full. If you can get the other king down to half with yours still at full or even and your healer(s) still alive, you'll win. Tough to do, though.

[edit] One thing you MUST do though, is clear some space for your healers and king to move around when Medivh "cheats." If you can't move out of his fire, it's just about a guaranteed loss.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

you can google soloing the chess event, its very easy to do, If I recall correctly, it only involved moving a couple of pieces, and just spamming a nuke spell with the bishop piece.

i did this yesterday again, what i did was:
    get in your king to start it, move as many pieces in front of him and the queen as you can, pawns and wolves mostly.
    Then get in the warlock (queen) and nuke the other king, he should be close by then. if you need get a second character in a healer to heal your king.
    Only issue i had was when medive would "cheat" and put fire under my king multiple times. you can heal through one fire no problem.
    If done right the other king will never make it to yours and you will just nuke him down.

In the chess event the fewer toons you control the better because the ai will control the other for you.

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

easiest way imo is to get in the locks, and target king and blow him up, no need to move pwns or the king, jst use the locks
    Magtheridon US <The Zerg>
    PvE Teams (A lot funner than i expected)

PVP-Farming teams

Once you enter then leave a piece, the computer will take over with it, so move your pawns and free up your water eles and horse (they will spam their aoes drawing enemy heals).

Activate the king for constant hero buff and jump in the mage and nuke their king from afar.

At the start move pawns to free up room so you can move from fire, and activate the priests to spam heal your king and queen.

Profit

Easy encounter. You guys may be arena pros, but this is the content I do lol.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Once you enter then leave a piece, the computer will take over with it
    Man, I must be dense. I wondered why some pieces would just sit there like bumps on a log.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

How do I exit a chess piece? Can't find any leave button (or is my bartender addon messing this up?)
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Quote Originally Posted by valle2000 View Post
    How do I exit a chess piece? Can't find any leave button (or is my bartender addon messing this up?)
    I think (going from memory) for me there is a little red arrow like the exit vehicle one near the left of my action bars, or, you just right click on the "controlling piece" buff top right of screen.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer