Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 37

Default Prot Pally Powerleveling - SM Cath

The old thread didn't have a super descriptive post title, so cross-posting my video here in case people are doing a forum search later.

Strat/Blog post: http://v-boxing.net/blog/videos.php/...a-prot-paladin
    Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nj5x3M2qpYQ
    Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/780622

My talents (at the time of this video - heavy mitigation/raid tanking): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIx0dMgqtVfx

Stats:

Health: 11.3k
    Mana: 4.6k
    Strength: 209
    Agility: 130
    Stamina: 811
    Intellect: 133
    Spirit: 95
    Armor: 12203
    (Holy) Spell Damage:257
    Armor: 12203
    Defense: 475
    Dodge: 15.56%
    Parry: 16.23%
    Block: 19.39%

Buffs: (SELF BUFFS ONLY - you can literally solo the instance)

Righteous Defense
    Blessing of Sanctuary
    Retribution Aura
    The "wall of text" that prompted me to make a video instead...
    Cathedral is the best for leveling, since you can do it in 3 pulls with "meh" gear. The first pull is the bottom courtyard. Run down the hallway, skipping mobs if you feel like it, and gather up all the mobs in the bottom courtyard. I usually go down the right far side, right middle, left middle, left far side, then head back into the hallway and gather up all the mobs. If you sit inside a windowsill, you'll line of sight the casters into getting close and melee'ing you. The lowbies can stay at the loading area.
    2nd pull is the upper courtyard. Leave the lowbies at the right stairs (be careful -- there's a pat) and do the same thing -- upper right side, middle right and grabbing the guys by the door, left middle, left far side, and hten run THROUGH the fountain and jump onto the middle level of the stairs. If I jump correctly, I can get a Gift of the Naaru (dranei racial) or a heal off before they start hitting me again. Consecrate on the middle section of the stairs, and use the upper and lower stairs to line of sight the casters once they run away so they get back into melee range.
    3rd pull is the easiest -- aggro the boss. He'll pull the entire room to you. Leave the lowbies at the very edge of the fountain's watermark and pull the mobs JUST outside the door (to line of sight the casters). Do not dps Mograine until you've killed most of the healers first. If you don't have reckoning, parrying the mobs alone will make it so you have reckoning-like speed since it resets your swing timer, which will help you obliterate the healers. Once healers and most mobs are down, kill mograine, which brings out Whitemane. WHITEMANE CAN MC YOUR LOWBIES so be careful!! Kill all teh wizards first -- they will aoe your lowbies if you're unlucky. Spreading out your lowbies will help prevent this, as they only aoe if more than one enemy is in range. By the time whitemane is at enough health to rez mograine, all the remaining mobs will be dead. Kill the two bosses somewhere where it's easy to loot them and you're done.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

I want to have your babies.

how weird,
    I was doing this at the weekend and did each run in 10 mins, I cleared the 1st tunnel left my shammies there and pulled the last boss whiched pulled the whole instances and then AOE pewpew'ed

went from level 30 shammies to 37 in 8 hours.

will post in greater details.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Majestic_Clown',index.php?page=Thread&postID=4155 9#post41559
    how weird,
    I was doing this at the weekend and did each run in 10 mins, I cleared the 1st tunnel left my shammies there and pulled the last boss whiched pulled the whole instances and then AOE pewpew'ed

went from level 30 shammies to 37 in 8 hours.

will post in greater details.
    With good gear you can 1-2 pull the instance. 3-pulling works when you don't have the heal-on-block trinket and very little gear (i.e. safemode).

If you want to single pull the instance, all you have to do is gather the bottom and the top of the instance, bubble at the door (to unlock it), throw a heal as needed, aggro boss, jump off the waterfall (throw 2 heals as needed), and aoe wherever appropriate so that your lowbies can get XP.

For a 2-pull, you can aggro the bottom + half the top, jump down the waterfall, heal as needed, aoe wherever appropriate for your lowbies to get XP. 2nd pull, unlock the door, grab the boss and drag him through the 2nd half of the top to aggro whatever's left. Jump down the waterfall, heal as needed, aoe.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Warms my heart wen ppl AoE boost ther lowbees
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

damn I can't wait too see the vimeo link. Can you link armory? I'm going to try and find it myself after I make this post, lol. I want to see your gear.

Oh I also noticed, and was wondering, though I will test it myself.
    Run through pulling the mobs with your back to them, or do a wierd dance/jump so that you are still running forward-ish so you aren't slow, but at every jump, turn around so they are not hitting your back, i.e. doing more dmg, and you can't block them.

I'll go test this now, pull the whole room both ways and see which method I end with the most HP.

Also, have you see the new meta from 2.4? Supposedly it gives you 10% more block, gona be OP!

Quote Originally Posted by 'sensenmann',index.php?page=Thread&postID=41702#po st41702
    damn I can't wait too see the vimeo link. Can you link armory? I'm going to try and find it myself after I make this post, lol. I want to see your gear.
    It's not that great, and I was running in that video with a heavy mitigation spec, not really optimized for aoe grinding.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...monde&n=Velath
    I didn't pick up reckoning and you can see that, with all the parrying going on, my swing timer is lightning fast anyway.

Most pulls I judge/seal wisdom so that I can max rank consecrate. I'll judge light / seal wisdom if my health gets to 30% or so. Light/light is only if I get a hammer of justice and things start looking scary, which really hasn't happened tbh. In fact, I think the only time I've gone light/light is when my shield broke and I didn't notice for a while.

The key here is the Sporeggar rep shield (Ancient Lichen Guard) with a felsteel shield spike. I use a backup shield (which unfortunately doesn't have a spike on it yet, but gets the job done) in case my shield breaks before I notice the durability is getting low.

Oh I also noticed, and was wondering, though I will test it myself.
    Run through pulling the mobs with your back to them, or do a wierd dance/jump so that you are still running forward-ish so you aren't slow, but at every jump, turn around so they are not hitting your back, i.e. doing more dmg, and you can't block them.
    I see more people doing this if they bless wis instead of sanct. Since I work best in the AD range (35% health), letting them whiddle me down is not much of a concern. If you're really nervous, you can wear Devo aura while you gather them up and do fancy strafing to try to block some attacks, but I was only getting hit for like 10 damage with ret aura, sanct, and my back turned to the mobs.

When you're doing cath for hours and hours you tend to get lazy. I use auto-run on my mouse to gather all of the mobs and I click my buttons so I can use my free hand to play with my cat, change the tv channel, and eat yummy snacks. Woot for laziness.

I'll go test this now, pull the whole room both ways and see which method I end with the most HP.
    Try the 2-pull if you get comfortable with the 3-pull. It's really not that bad. I can do the 2-pull pretty easily. Haven't gotten the guts to try pulling the whole thing in 1 pull yet, given my gear.

My problem is he is specced holy atm, though he's got decent gear.

How good is that heal when you block trinket? Worth farming it? I mean he does need badges, so w/e.

Also, what libram do you think would be best, I can't decide.

Hes got the one from mother shaz, and could get the badge ones, so idk.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32368

His armory, though 20$ says hes still in heal gear cuz armory sucks
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...odscalp&n=Etel

SH is easysauce for a prot paladin tank, so I'd say it's worth it. I'd use the trink if I had it.

As for libram, I use the block% libram, since my primary form of damage is via block. There's also the one that increases consecrate damage, which could also work.

I'd probably go for the Lightbringer since you have it already, and I judge wis pretty often. Holy shield charges fall off pretty quickly with the number of mobs you have, so I'll bet you'll be getting way more block out of the Lightbringer.