Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 37 of 37

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kaynin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=70714#post70 714
    I know, I don't totem kill. :p My enhancement shaman had like a 80% chance to one shot any mob in sm cath, so I could keep running while mobs just died while I ran. So, killing while you run. ^^

Works for enhancement anyhow. And yes, not as fast as a paladin, as sometimes I have to run after runaways and such, but I still dont have downtime this way. ^^
    Yea, I just wanted to disambiguate since your original post made it sound like pallies had a hard time tagging mobs. ;)

I didn't have any decent single-dps classes at the time (ele shammies still have to wind up their casts regardless of whether they 1-shot the mob) so solo-killing wasn't too much of an option. Whatever works for you -- just be careful not to get the boss (who MC's) or the aoe'ing mages near your lowbies.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

I just the same thing a few days ago to get my 2 new shaman to 40, except I used my frost mage.

So does this only work if you have more than ONE lowbie in your party?
    The mind of a Non-Multiboxer is like the the pupil of the eye......The more light you shine on it, the smaller it gets.

[quote='Occam\'s Razor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=72287#post7228 7]So does this only work if you have more than ONE lowbie in your party?[/quote]

It will work, but will be less effective than if you have a full party of lowbies and ONE 70.

Check out [url='http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Mob_XP']the page on XP on wowwiki[/url]-- it explains alot about how party composition affects experience.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

This is how I got 8 guys leveled up from 25-40.

Single pulled the instance each time - capped the instance reset in about 30 mins, then logged on a team of 5 70s to do dailies for about 30 mins

Exp is really ridiculous.

Course, my pally's gear is pretty good: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aver&n=Astaria
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mercurio',index.php?page=Thread&postID=72419#post 72419
    This is how I got 8 guys leveled up from 25-40.

Single pulled the instance each time - capped the instance reset in about 30 mins, then logged on a team of 5 70s to do dailies for about 30 mins

Exp is really ridiculous.

Course, my pally's gear is pretty good: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aver&n=Astaria
    Boosting thru SM isn't about good gear it's about using your paladin's talent and abilites correctly. I can one pull all of SM cath on my BE pally with nothing but "of the sorcerer" greens I bought her off the AH just like I can do with my Draenei paladin with 11k hp and 950ish spell dmg in her BT healing gear. Using SoL and strafing can make up for a ton of gear differences in the lower zones. Spiritual Focus + Concentration Aura also go along way when there is no mobs with shield bash or other interrupts in the mix. Once you get past ZF however gear does begin to become an issue.

ahh... i remember those days, boosting my mage through cath w/my brother's holy pally

i got around 3-4k in gold from selling all those greens/silk

here's his character now.... pretty much the same armor i think - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...kar&n=Vangarde

just remember NEVER try to heal while the grp is attacking you, always lead to top of fountain and jump down to heal.... i learned that the hard way.... about 800g for repairs and i learned my lesson
    "You're pro or you're a noob. That's life."