Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 37

lol.I was doing this with my mage.. he is not geared well at all, a few Arena epics and the rest are non heroic blues. It takes me about 7 pulls lol( left side bottom,top,cath.Right side bottom,top, Cath then boss) But i will only do it a few levels here and there. Since playing a paly and shamans are both new to me I want to run them through instances without being PLd to learn how to play them. But it is fun to jump a few levels up every now and then. 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I did this with my Warrior (4/5 S1 + S3 Honor Bracers + S1 2H Mace and some blue stuff), possible for me in 5 pulls if everything works perfect - 10 minutes (a blessing of something is useful for that ^^), first pulling the whole bottom area including the hallway at the beginning (and hopefully not getting slowed down too often with frostbolts - if i get slowed down too much, i have to cancel and just kill what i already pulled together), pulling the whole bunch into the hallway to get the casters in melee-range and then cleavin' and whirlwindin' the hell out of them!

same for the top floor in one run if the frostbolts dont slow me down -> third pull in the cathredral itself (all the mobs directly on the way to the boss), fourth pull all remaining mobs before the boss and with the fifth pull i get the boss himself including all remaining mobs in both corners - without being an undead warrior i would have to use a lot of consumeables but cannibalize 4tw

got my toons from 20 to 40 in about 23-27 hours real time or something, you really stop counting the hours and try not to fall asleep at least i tried not to fall asleep

Been doing this for a while now, currently locked out because of too many instances lately (Curse you Blizzard!).

Two observations:
    1. Figurine of the Colossus is the best damn item in the game if you want to do this.

2. Once you reach a certain level of avoidance, more block wont help you at all.

Granted, my paladin is very well geared, but he has so much dodge/parry/miss that I barely block anymore. Hence all the extra block rating in the world doesn't help me. You might want to consider if this is the case for you too, before getting block items or, heavens forbid, the block libram. That item is so poor for this purpose its sad. If you can 2-pull this instace, I doubt you won't have gear good enough to not be pushing Block off of the charts with Holy Shield up. In my gear I have 0% chance to be hit by a level 40 mob. Without Holy Shield active. Holy Shield gives 30%, and the Libram gives another 5%. 135% avoidance is no better than 100% avoidance.
    Zanjii / Xanjii / Sanjii / Vanjii
    Troll Shamans in training
    Magtheridon - EU

I used to do this pre-bc but as holy, it was harder then but i managed by holy shocking myself and concecrating as much as possible with ret aura on. Was doing the whole thing in 3 pulls as well. But now it is even easier to do. Only problem is the repair bill you will get if you are holy, i havnt tried prot cause i didnt feel like respecing my friend's pally.

Tho since then i have found better PLing strategy, but i am not a multiboxer (wish i had money to upgrade) so i am sure the PLing with pally is faster for multiboxers. Oh BTW, the more low level you bring in the group, the better the XP will be, so if you DONT have a full grp, ask some noob to PL them for a small fee to help cover the repair cost, shouldnt be hard to find.

My new way of PLing in cathedral lv 20-40 is with a Warlock or a Spriest. But you might need a decent amount of gear to pull off but is much faster. start by doing some testing with your DoTs, see if your strong DOT is able to kill a mob without casting anything else. If it is, then go pull 8-10 mobs (10 if you are quick and good) and bring them back at the entrance, have your lowbie sitting at the end of the hallway where he is still in range of the mobs to see them, make sure you pull the hallway first so you dont aggro. then DOT all of em up and as the first mob you dotted is about to die, zone out. Now your low level will receive full amount of XP for each mobs as if he soloed them all (about 470xp per mob at lv 20, about 700-750 per mob peak at lv 36-40, some mobs are worth 50% xp for some reason i dont know) repeat until you reach the cathedral gate and reset the instance (it is slow enough to not be bothered with the 5instances/hour). lv 20 to 34 or so will take you about 13-17min per level and then past 35-40 it will take a little longer per level to about 25-35min at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 'finalwish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=41900#pos t41900
    I used to do this pre-bc but as holy, it was harder then but i managed by holy shocking myself and concecrating as much as possible with ret aura on. Was doing the whole thing in 3 pulls as well. But now it is even easier to do. Only problem is the repair bill you will get if you are holy, i havnt tried prot cause i didnt feel like respecing my friend's pally.
    God tell me about it... All my mains have ever been clothies, and even in t6 my warlock is still 2.5g a death.... so I was in for a big shock when I found it costs me like 5-10g a run, just from being beat on in plate, and lets not get started on deaths.... It's insane... I feel bad for any1 who raids on a tank / pally

[edit] Is the Vimeo link up?

Quote Originally Posted by 'sensenmann',index.php?page=Thread&postID=41970#po st41970
    Quote Originally Posted by 'finalwish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=41900#pos t41900
    God tell me about it... All my mains have ever been clothies, and even in t6 my warlock is still 2.5g a death.... so I was in for a big shock when I found it costs me like 5-10g a run, just from being beat on in plate, and lets not get started on deaths.... It's insane... I feel bad for any1 who raids on a tank / pally

[edit] Is the Vimeo link up?
    Had to wait for my upload quota to reset on Monday, and I'm not allowed to upload anything while Suvega is raiding.

I'll see what I can do to upload it right before I head to bed.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

I find blueberries very sexy and wish I was alliance sometimes :P
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Bumping this because I am trying it for the first time very soon. Is this still the preferred method?

My pally hit 70 and has pretty much blah gear, but I've farmed out 3 of the sporeggar shields. I should have spikes on them tonight.

Or should I use finalwish's method of DoT farming with my sPriest? She is fully epic'd so it should be fairly simple. The only issue I can see is the hassle of tracking which mobs are dotted up and which one is about to die before zoning out.

I ask this because I'll need to transfer my pally over to my last account if I want to xp farm with her, while my sPriest can do it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Heenan',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69899#post69 899
    Bumping this because I am trying it for the first time very soon. Is this still the preferred method?

My pally hit 70 and has pretty much blah gear, but I've farmed out 3 of the sporeggar shields. I should have spikes on them tonight.

Or should I use finalwish's method of DoT farming with my sPriest? She is fully epic'd so it should be fairly simple. The only issue I can see is the hassle of tracking which mobs are dotted up and which one is about to die before zoning out.

I ask this because I'll need to transfer my pally over to my last account if I want to xp farm with her, while my sPriest can do it right now.
    You don't need an exceptionally well-geared prot pally to make this worth your while. In fact I just finished running a team through SM with a pally in nothing but level 67-70 "of the sorcerer" plate gear in a prot build. If your gear is as bad as my horde pally (which it doesn't sound like yours is) you can just use SoL to make up for alot of gear. Later zones though would require a better geared pally to be effeicient enough to boost with.

As far as the dot/zone out thing I believe Blizzard nerfed that in 2.4.