Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Heroic Hellfire Ramparts at lvl70

I started a new team a couple of weeks ago with the intent of getting all of the dungeon achievments at level. I rolled through all of the under-60 dungeons, and cleared most of the Outland dungeons without a problem.

I hit lvl70, bought some gear for my tank (full cobalt set), and cleared two heroics pretty quick (two of the terrokar instances, don't remember which), so I decided to try Ramps.

Everything went great until I got to the dragon boss. My team (Pally/3mage/priest) lasts about 2 seconds against him. You can't burn him down anymore while he's in the air (he heals up) so you have to get him when he's on the ground.

Has anyone else done Heroic Ramps at level post-Cata who can offer some tips? Some of the comments here helped with the other heroics I've done, but the existing Ramps comments are pre-cata and therefore don't apply anymore.

Thanks

These may be stupid questions but:

1. Are you turning him to the side right away? Can't turn all the way around or else his tail will get the group, needs to be side so tail/breath are avoided.
    2. Watch the fireballs on the ground. This is a PITA for cast groups because you have to stop and cast.

Those are the two major killers.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

If you died in two seconds I'm guessing that he breathed fire on your team. The dragon needs to be turned to the side ASAP and you need to keep your tank and ranged moving out of the fire patches on the ground.
    Jenzali - Troll Druid (Level 85) - Emerald Dream
    Soon to be joined by 4 other Druid buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
    Everything went great until I got to the dragon boss. My team (Pally/3mage/priest) lasts about 2 seconds against him. You can't burn him down anymore while he's in the air (he heals up) so you have to get him when he's on the ground.
    Wasn't this fixed during BC years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    From what I remember, the last time i went in there before this team you could still (almost) kill him in the air. Him healing while he's in the air is new.

Quote Originally Posted by d0z3rr View Post
    . Are you turning him to the side right away? Can't turn all the way around or else his tail will get the group, needs to be side so tail/breath are avoided.
    I think this is where i'm running into trouble - I didn't realize the tail did damage too. I was turning him 180 degrees.

I'll try again moving him to the side. His breath hurts bad. I was dead so fast once he was on the ground I had a hard time figuring out what was happening.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Nope. I regularly exploited this back in December.
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
    From what I remember, the last time i went in there before this team you could still (almost) kill him in the air. Him healing while he's in the air is new.

I think this is where i'm running into trouble - I didn't realize the tail did damage too. I was turning him 180 degrees.

I'll try again moving him to the side. His breath hurts bad. I was dead so fast once he was on the ground I had a hard time figuring out what was happening.

Thanks
    All dragons have tails of death. AFAIK there is no dragon encounter in the game where their tail will not hurt people behind it.

Basically you need to add a renew and shield on the tank while he positions the dragon, then spam flash heal if you can. This ensures he is fully healed after he gets hit with a dragon breath. Once you get everything under control you can ease off the flash heal spam.

If the orc dude is still alive don't worry about him, he shouldn't be much of a nuisance to your cobalt geared tank, just kill him when you get situated.
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

There is a Range mechanic too... or was. If you get too far up the ramp, when the dragon is down, you can get 2 shotted.

Quote Originally Posted by d0z3rr View Post
    All dragons have tails of death. AFAIK there is no dragon encounter in the game where their tail will not hurt people behind it.
    Malygos has no tail lash.

But yes, with dragons(most atleast) you can count on 3 things.

1. Fire breath
    2. Ass Cleave(tail whip)
    3. Frontal Cleave
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by isthisspam View Post
    Malygos has no tail lash.

But yes, with dragons(most atleast) you can count on 3 things.

1. Fire breath
    2. Ass Cleave(tail whip)
    3. Frontal Cleave
    and 4. Some sort of Aerial phase.
    Jenzali - Troll Druid (Level 85) - Emerald Dream
    Soon to be joined by 4 other Druid buddies!