Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Did it. Wiped 3 times getting to the dragon (some of those folk hit really hard), but got the dragon down first try.

There were two things i was doing wrong.

1) spacing - i had everyone bunched up, so one fireball would mess me up
    2) facing - turning the dragon 180 degrees.

Spread them out and turned him only 90 and he was down first try.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Heavyd : 07-13-2011 at 09:21 AM

I had a level 55 team that I pushed hard to get into outlands and do this fight at early levels. I did lose one. I saw immediately what you were talking about Heavyd. So, I quickly compensated, and just moved the tank only about 3 yards to the side and slightly back, which put my team at her side, tank in front.... Dead dragon.

Pally tank
    (3) shaman dps
    Druid healer

Edited part:
    Note: my group was all level 59. Not heroic. The boss was what? 3 levels above and elite? I think the strat is as close to the same for Heroic as I can get at the moment.
    Last edited by Apps : 07-13-2011 at 08:26 AM Reason: point of clarification...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akoko View Post
    and 4. Some sort of Aerial phase.
    silly dragons and their flying.

I always drag the last guard (not the first boss, but the stationary guards) into the area while I setup, either I fear the guard or I sheep it. Then I set my group up on the side somewhat spread out. Totems, imp in range, etc. Then I execute the last guard and begin the event.

If you look at the aggro levels, the dragon does have threat before he hits the ground. I just toss a avengers shield or similar attack at him as the tank for sure.

Strafe move out of the fire, don't be pinned against the wall.

After fears have your group rally to a specific character, not your tank. Likely after fear bombs there is way too much fire on the ground that you will run through on the way to your tank ... and that is something you need to not do anyways.