Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: SFK normal

Default SFK normal

Went in last night with 4 druids, friend running paly tank all chars 19 so lacking a few things with the main one being consecrate.

We did ok, wiped to first boss when adds spawned then one shot him, wiped to Commander due to breath getting across druids, then one shot him, wiped to poison boss then one shot him so getting there then we hit Godfrey :/

With no cons on the pally the druids were just getting raped when the adds spawned over and over till we called it a night so I'm trying to work out a way to deal with it (ignoring pistol barrage that I'm just going to spread out at start and hope to avoid).

Atm all my dps macros use /assist focus with the tank as focus but if he's too slow to pick up adds I'm kinda screwed so I'm thinking of using a second set of hotkeys that are just FTL DPS keys and targeting with my healer to give the dps targets as soon as possible. Question is, is this the best way or is there another way to do it since I can see this continuing to be a problem in future instances as we level through them.

LOL. Went in there yesterday, and expected that this was gonna be easy, ended up deciding that a level 20 team with heirlooms, was hard. Was basically spamming heals to keep my bear tank alive. Me thinks the problem is druid tanking.. hehehe.

But I cleared with about 10ish wipes, which is actually worse than my level 85 heroic run(granted I never made it to the two last bosses due to time constraints).

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    LOL. Went in there yesterday, and expected that this was gonna be easy, ended up deciding that a level 20 team with heirlooms, was hard. Was basically spamming heals to keep my bear tank alive. Me thinks the problem is druid tanking.. hehehe.

But I cleared with about 10ish wipes, which is actually worse than my level 85 heroic run(granted I never made it to the two last bosses due to time constraints).
    hehe my guys have no heirlooms, just what they got up to questing to level 15 so it was even harder. Got DM for our first instance and was fairly good though lost 3 guys to Cookie fight....WC was easy mode...SFK up to Godfrey was ok once I got the hang of what I had to do with the team but Godfrey is just bleah.

Haven't had a chance to go back yet so not sure if the changes will work that well but thinking bout trying the following:
    1. Spread out my guys in a star formation without the front point, starting from the back wall of the room facing Godfrey spawn point.

2. Have tank pull him under his spawn point

3. Assist tank during Godfrey phase, then use FTL dps for adds

I basically do what we do in HC mode. When the message from BossMod(or whatever) comes up that he is casting pistol barrage, I run through him with my team if it's gonna hit in their direction, if not, just move the tank outta the way and kill.

I found that it's hard because we've been trained with the new cata dungeons to use CC and interrupts, and at level 19-21ish we don't have any CC nor any interrupts to speak of. Think I got some now that I hit the next level, gonna be interesting to see if it becomes easier.