Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 28

/cast random spell on gcd
    /cast second random spell on gcd

hasn't worked since PreBC days from memory.

The macro will try and cast the first spell but if it is on cooldown it will not proceed to the next step. The exception is if you have a spell which is off GCD like PoM or most cooldown type spells or the occasional spell like wind shear for shamans.

One way you can get around this if you are using a program like isboxer is to bind two macros or spells to the same keypress. The unfortunate thing here is taht if there is a third spell you are spamming then occasionally that third spell will occur before your Lavaburst and may consume the beff from unleash elements.

Either way, you have your castsequence right now so that should be fine :P

LOL. Guess I've been lucky that my spells are off GCD, or the fact that I use a lot of:

/castsequence reset=target some spell, null
    /cast some other spell

null is not a real spell, and therefore it works?

At least now I've learned a few more things.

Why would you want to cast unleash elements before lava burst?
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Why would you want to cast unleash elements before lava burst?
    Flame Shock -> Unleash Elements -> Lavaburst = 30% extra damage lavaburst with 100% crit rate.
    Yahtzee & Co. - The Pineapple Stand
    | Yahtzoo | Yahtzuu | Yahtzii | Yahtzaa |
    Server: Coilfang-US [Horde]
    ~ Just five rolls of the dice.

Xexyz & Co. - The Shrill Annoyance
    | Othellô | Othellò | Othellö | Othelló |
    ~ Humiliating defeat courtesy of shrieking goblins.

It's a dps loss because the extra damage from unleash elements never makes up for a lightning bolt. Not to mention that a LB can give you a stack of fulmination and can proc mastery, shortens the CD on elemental mastery and can return mana. The only time (in pve) where it's viable to cast UE is when you move.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

+1 for Zenga

Was my first thought aswell when I saw the topic title, from EJ:
    When should I cast Unleash Elements, and what does it affect?
    Unleash Flame, the Flametongue-based attack from Unleash Elements, does a nominal amount of damage and boosts the next Fire spell you cast by 30%. UE's single-target damage is pretty low right now, so it's generally not worth it to cast if you're standing still (or using Spiritwalker's Grace). Instead it can be used while moving to reduce the impact that movement has on our DPS (and without triggering a Shock cooldown).
    http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t110309-...n_patch_4_1_a/

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    LOL. Guess I've been lucky that my spells are off GCD, or the fact that I use a lot of:

/castsequence reset=target some spell, null
    /cast some other spell

null is not a real spell, and therefore it works?

At least now I've learned a few more things.
    This works because of the tiny lag gap caused by using a castsequence. Castsequence queries the server to see if the previous spell has completed casting before sending a message for the next one to cast. This allows the macro to slip through to the straight cast command in the second line. Nothing to do with the null as far as I can tell.

ie.
    /castsequence reset=target lightning bolt, null
    /cast lava burst

should work the same as

/castsequence reset=target lightning bolt, loghtning bolt
    /cast lava burst.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    It's a dps loss because the extra damage from unleash elements never makes up for a lightning bolt. Not to mention that a LB can give you a stack of fulmination and can proc mastery, shortens the CD on elemental mastery and can return mana. The only time (in pve) where it's viable to cast UE is when you move.
    Why are we assuming PvE here? Unless I missed something that the OP said, they didn't specify. I would assume a PvP scenerio, anyways, based upon the last macro they posted (FS/UE/LaBu/CL - > Sounds like trying to burst somebody down, not a PvE DPS rotation).

I would much rather use the global on UE in PvP and have a chance to gib somebody than wait for another cast to go off and have them get healed. I'll take the LiBo and Fulmination argument when 4.2 rolls around.
    Yahtzee & Co. - The Pineapple Stand
    | Yahtzoo | Yahtzuu | Yahtzii | Yahtzaa |
    ~ Just five rolls of the dice.

Xexyz & Co. - The Shrill Annoyance
    | Othellô | Othellò | Othellö | Othelló |
    ~ Humiliating defeat courtesy of shrieking goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    Why are we assuming PvE here? Unless I missed something that the OP said, they didn't specify. I would assume a PvP scenerio, anyways, based upon the last macro they posted (FS/UE/LaBu/CL - > Sounds like trying to burst somebody down, not a PvE DPS rotation).

I would much rather use the global on UE in PvP and have a chance to gib somebody than wait for another cast to go off and have them get healed. I'll take the LiBo and Fulmination argument when 4.2 rolls around.
    yeah sorry guys i shouldve stated this is for pvp, i only multibox battleground atm

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post

It doesn't really matter if it's for pve or pvp, since UE consumes a global cd. As said it's only viable for when you need to move.
    The only real scenario where it would be a gain is if you were to pop FS, UE and then Elemental Mastery with Lava Burst. And in that case it's very likely you'll need a mastery proc to go off to get an instant kill.

Obviously an argument that you can't get locked out of nature school when not having to cast LB is not factored in.
    Last edited by zenga : 06-21-2011 at 12:13 PM