Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 68

Threaded View

You want Orgrimmar? You got Orgrimmar @ 7:42PM Friday night.

10 Boxing Test in Orgrimmar on Kil'jaeden.

All Windows @ 1920 x 1080 (Good Settings)
    Using ISBoxer

2600K @ 4.6GHz [Venomous-X Cooler]
    EVGA GTX 580 3GB
    Intel 510 SSD

You didn't like Stormwind on KJ, so I give you Orgrimmar. Again, I had to use FRAPS's DWM recording
    feature to capture the Windows Task Manager, GPU-Z, RealTemp, and ISBoxer's Video FX. The DWM
    recording feature adds a large amount of CPU processing overhead (~30%) while in use so I decided to
    cap the recording to 30 FPS -- I felt this gave more accurate readings across the board instead of using
    60FPS and having the FPS erratically jump around.

If you're considering 10 boxing World of Warcraft this was just an initial test to see where my hardware
    stood performance-wise. Actual PvP and PvE raiding may require additional tweaking or lower settings than a
    simple major city walk through and I obviously cannot test either of those at the moment... maybe one day.

The big words "File Change" are for those who are curious where the FRAPS files split themselves. Some
    people experience frame rate dips during the file creation and I was trying to show all angles of performance
    here.

For the window swapping portion of the video I spun my mouse wheel like a madman to show that window
    swapping was super fast and instant as it should be. Then I showed it in a much slower manner. My last test
    included a custom window swapping macro that increased swap times, this video did not.

Yes, I realize that some of the Video FX on some of the windows are missing. I had a sync issue that I didn't
    feel like manually fixing while FRAPS was eating away at HDD space.
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-11-2011 at 01:26 AM