Quote Originally Posted by Kekkerer View Post
Excellent news, would be very interested in your opinion whether it's worth getting a second GTX580 3GB, my initial idea was to go up to 3 monitors with 1 GPU running my main and the second one 4 slaves.
I, personally, have mixed feelings about more than 2 monitors per computer for multiboxing. So far, it would
seem that I'm alone when I say I take a performance hit and my FPS becomes "spikey" if more than 2 monitors
are hooked up to my system while multiboxing. This had been true for me for well over a year and it only went
away after I built my second system and used my old system to house my 3rd and 4th monitors. The only
things that were not changed out in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue were the monitors (they're all
identical) and GPU manufacturer (nVidia). If I had different monitors or an urge to buy an ATi card I might try
and troubleshoot the issue again but, I was so tired of dealing with it that when I built my new system I just
kept my old one instead of selling it off.

I had experienced this performance loss using 2x GTX 260's / GTX 260 | GTX 460 / 2x GTX 570's -- All non-SLI
configurations. After that I RMA'd one of the 570's (the other one is wasting away in my old system), picked up
the GTX 580 3GB, and never looked back. If this second GTX 580 proves to be worthless for multiboxing or
other games like Crysis 2 / Civ 5 with DX11 on super ultra settings... then it's going back as well and I'll just
wait for 28nm GPUs.

But...

Please don't take what I've said as a deterrence to try out what you're wanting to do. Like I said, it seems I'm
the only person that has ever reported this issue before and I've not heard anyone talk about such an issue in
the 2+ years I've been around (if they did... I don't remember). I mentioned it to Lax awhile ago and we were
never able to sort anything out even though I figured it was probably hardware all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkerer View Post
You have the Palit version?
I'm a loyal EVGA fan.