Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
Humm so 15 clients don't even take up 1G of video card ram ...

How do you say you render 15 clients per card, there seems only one screen, are they tiled on the 2nd screen?

If they are not tiled they are not being rendered (although there are 15 clients per card) to my way of thinking. Or if they are all in the background not visible they are also not being rendered. If that is the case your fast swaping times is just because the 580 can redraw a new screen faster then your fps. The fact you have 10fps in background would tend to indicate that you are not gaining anything by tiling in full resolution. Your card is fast enough to render a full screen in less then 1/60th of a second. Which I think should give you instant swaping no matter what.
I don't know where this is coming from. Whether one screen is on top of the other 14 or not, they're all
being rendered all the time as you can see in my screen shots below. Don't mind the increase in VRAM, I
accidentally moved the camera with my mouse repeater on and I gained 300MB, at least that's what I'm
blaming it on. The main screen is in focus so that it's at 60FPS and all windows are 1920x1080.

I wonder what would be the result if you were in different zones, does the card use so little Video Ram because its able to share data between the 15 clients?
No idea and that isn't on my list to test at the moment; although, such a test might give a clue as to
whether or not textures are shared.

How does the ram go up from when you load 1 to many is the first load a lot lot bigger then 950/15?
I don't know but after going through Orgrimmar I think my ceiling is ~14GB since I can't seem to go any
higher than that. I didn't look at my Resource Monitor see if Windows was holding any memory hostage in
Standby or not. Here's a screen shot after I did a single lap in Orgrimmar before I recorded the video below.

Or does each client just take 60MB of ram?
From my Orgrimmar screen shot...

1593MB / 20 = ~80MB

However, the main is obviously taking up more than any slave so I would say it's closer to 65MB per slave
and like 300MB for the main client.

Do you think you can 15 box on your system (with just one 3G card) with no trouble in populated areas?
15?! I'll give you 2 laps in Orgrimmar with 20! This was at about noon (12PM) on a Saturday -- Obviously
not peak time.