Close
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 68

I'm honestly surprised that hyperthreading helped, especially by such a large margin. Maybe hyperthreading on the new procs is MUCH better than the older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollwerk View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that hyperthreading helped, especially by such a large margin. Maybe hyperthreading on the new procs is MUCH better than the older versions.
    I was curious about that as well but I don't have a 1366 chip to test with. =\

Accepting donations!

You're results for Hyper-Threading vs. non-HT were very interesting to me, since I'm researching a new computer build and wondering if the i7-2600k is really worth $115 more than an i5-2500k CPU. You only lose 0.1 GHz on stock CPU speed with the 2500k (3.3GHz vs 3.4GHz for the 2600k) but the 2500k does not provide HT. 5 boxing Wow and Rift is what i use my computer for the most, so if HT really makes that much difference I'll hold out for the 2600k for sure.

Once you do a five boxing test I would love to know if HT has that much impact on performance running 5 accounts rather than all 10. And if you run a Rift 5 boxing test that would be even cooler... let me know if you need Rift trial invites, I'd be glad to put them in for ya
    Last edited by wyofiddler : 06-20-2011 at 05:54 PM Reason: typo... CPU's run in Gigahertz nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by wyofiddler View Post
    You're results for Hyper-Threading vs. non-HT were very interesting to me, since I'm researching a new computer build and wondering if the i7-2600k is really worth $115 more than an i5-2500k CPU. You only lose 0.1 GHz on stock CPU speed with the 2500k (3.3GHz vs 3.4GHz for the 2600k) but the 2500k does not provide HT. 5 boxing Wow and Rift is what i use my computer for the most, so if HT really makes that much difference I'll hold out for the 2600k for sure.

Once you do a five boxing test I would love to know if HT has that much impact on performance running 5 accounts rather than all 10. And if you run a Rift 5 boxing test that would be even cooler... let me know if you need Rift trial invites, I'd be glad to put them in for ya
    I am definitely wanting to do the 5 boxing WoW and RIFT tests ASAP as well. My last day of class is tomorrow
    so expect something for it very soon (most likely this week.)

Thanks for this...

I'm in the process of putting together a new PC and was contemplating if the 3GB on the 580 was worth it... knowing myself I probably would get it anyway even if it wasn't, but it's a nice incentive to speed things up ;p

As I only 5-box I'm interested in your results... keep it up!
    EU-boxer on Executus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    I am definitely wanting to do the 5 boxing WoW and RIFT tests ASAP as well. My last day of class is tomorrow
    so expect something for it very soon (most likely this week.)
    GIT'R DUN!! Jk!

Thanks for this. i wont be building my new power rig until later this year ( i ended up buying a laptop ) but this research is very helpful 8) Thank you!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Sorry I missed this thread until now. Awesome work, Fenril. I doubt I'll be upgrading until later this year, but it's good to have this kind of data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollwerk View Post
    I don't follow the hardware scene closely these days (or at least, as closely as I used to) but I do recall that people were predicting a 30% boost to processing capability from HT in the Sandy Bridge CPUs. Fenril's test seems to bear that out.
    "Multibox : !! LOZERS !!" My multiboxing blog

Fenril: Any updates to post on 2600K hyperthreading performance boost for 5-boxing groups in wow and especially in Rift? I'm dying to know how it compares to the wow 10-boxing test results you have posted already.

Quote Originally Posted by wyofiddler View Post
    Fenril: Any updates to post on 2600K hyperthreading performance boost for 5-boxing groups in wow and especially in Rift? I'm dying to know how it compares to the wow 10-boxing test results you have posted already.
    Sorry, I've really kinda been dicking around lately. I did do an initial 5-box HT / non-HT test and HT showed
    good gains over non-HT. I was able to peg the non-HT 2600K at its stock clock on a few different video settings
    but I want to redo the test. I wanted more population in the city during the test so I was waiting until 4.2 hit
    since I knew it would bring people back and then the last 2 weeks have been kinda retarded for me.

However...

I do have a second GTX 580 3GB on the way and it will be here this Friday. I want to do HT / non-HT and SLI
    / non-SLI Load Splitting
    types of testing in World of Warcraft this weekend. So, unless I run into some sort
    of driver issue or something with the second card expect some WoW results this weekend. As for RIFT... let me
    get back to you on that.

Excellent news, would be very interested in your opinion whether it's worth getting a second GTX580 3GB, my initial idea was to go up to 3 monitors with 1 GPU running my main and the second one 4 slaves.

You have the Palit version?