Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 42

Default Pwnboxer or ISBoxer?

I've been playing WoW with Pwnboxer now for a couple of years on five accounts. It's been really fun and I have a ton of alts. Now I'm thinking about trying out ISBoxer and see what that's like.

Have any of you multiboxed with both those programs and can compare what is better/different between the two? I guess there's no need shelling out some more money if they are practically equal.

I have not used Pwnboxer, but i have used ISboxer, and from what i've read of people comparing them ISboxer is miles better both with what each multiplexer can do and the support provided by the owner.

Search in the forums for Pwnboxer and ISboxer and have a look at what people are saying about the two and then make your decision

Blog Entries

You can get a one-week free trial of IS Boxer, which will give you more of an informed decision.

Posting here, or on www.isboxer.com if you have issues, or aren't sure how to do something.
    Also the IRC on the isboxer site is a prime resource.

I've not used PB so cannot personally comment on the differences.
    But I can say a few of the regulars on the other site have switched to IS Boxer after trying it out.
    Cannot say that I know of anyone who has done the reverse move.

Doesn't hurt to try it out, see if it works for you.
    Run the wizard and away you go.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

It may take a while to get a PB user base going here since the prohibition has been lifted only recently.

I will say that the years of developer experience that Lax has really shows up in IsBoxer. Bugs are fixed very fast and new features are developed at light speed.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Isboxer. Trust me.
    <Autobots Roll Out>
    Outland EU Alliance Multiboxing Guild

Glows Movies @ WCM
    Movie account stats: ~300 000 views - 4.69/5 rating

One thing to check for is the possible drop in FPS in switching to ISBoxer. I used keyclone a couple years back 5 boxing on a core2duo rig with 8meg ram with little problem. This became a bigger problem when I switched to ISBoxer where I had to play around with screen resolution of each window to get 30fps just on the main (10fps on slaves). Of course a) no idea how sillynameboxer does window switching and what memory it uses b) if you have 43 cores and 5 terabites of ram, it' may not be a problem (but if you claim you actually have this, expect Sam to post saying he's got 54 cores...)

Also compare features and check videos; what can take an hour with Keyclone now takes me 30 seconds with ISBoxer. The features I love are:

a) super accurate mouse broadcasting
    b) region specific mouse broadcasting (i.e. always mouse broadcast in a specific part of your screen)
    c) Jamba incorporated within automatically if you have it installed
    d) dual-boxing.com
    e) cake
    f) Driving my 2 cars at the same time. But lag's a bitch.

Rated Arena Member

I have tried PB on a friends machine, honestly thats history.
    ISboxer has so much more to it and it works flawless.
    Not to mention the support, and updates if there are any issues its fixed without hours.
    I am pretty sure you would be confused to start with, but when youve been using it for something
    Youll never look back.

I have not used Pwnboxer either... but I have seen enough of it to say it looks like it would be sort of a Keyclone+. As others
    have stated, if your choices are Pwnboxer or ISBoxer... then ISBoxer is the choice.

The free trial will definitely tell you more.

I did my homework before I selected one.

Octopus
    ISBoxer
    Keyclone
    PwnBoxer
    HKN

After all the chips fell, what was left was a realitively easy choice amongst Keyclone and ISBoxer. Those two being the most common, widely used, supported, as far as I could tell, and only two with Keyboard, Mouse and Video control...
    ISBoxer is 10 times more technical, but once learned.. is a master of its competition.

Red Flags.....
    Octopus, HKN, and several others... doesnt have Video boxing capabilities.
    PwnBoxer has a shady history... NONE of all the other software out there has a shady history. <-- Huge Red Flag
    All software, save for 3-4 of them are free... I am firm believer in, you get what you pay for. Paid= safer bet against virus and unapproved tactics.

If youd like to do your homework.. Try this link at a Nooby start.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/Software

Back to your thread title. If given the choice of PwnBoxer and ISBoxer...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril
    ... if your choices are Pwnboxer or ISBoxer... then ISBoxer is the choice.
    Good luck with your choice.

Features aside, what you'll find with Pwnboxer -- this will sound similar to someone else's comment, and I'm not trying to be mean here -- is that Tim isn't an application developer, he is an advertiser . He builds web sites and sells things. This is why he was talking about hiring someone in order to get Pwnboxer 3 done, because he "bit off more than he could chew" (his words from his forums).

What you get with ISBoxer is me. I code a lot, and I multibox, and I code for my fellow multiboxers. I've spent years developing and supporting ISBoxer and its components, and similar tools before that. I know a metric fuckton of ridiculous details about hardware, performance, and other multiboxing issues based on both personal experience, and experience helping thousands of my customers over the years.

So... do you want to pay a marketing guy in order to promote further marketing of his product(s)? Or do you want to pay a developer guy in order to promote further development of his product(s)?
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start