Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default [Pwnboxer] My experience with PwnBoxer

I had a chance to use Pwnboxer a while back, it was incredibly buggy at the time. In particular the mouse broadcasting would just stop working and was slow as hell, and the application would crash. There were features built into the one of his products that the creator said was authorized by blizzard personally, and later were found not to be via a blue post. So I was pretty pissed I was lied to - and had a shitty product to boot.

I eventually went back to keyclone, then I bit the bullet and setup ISboxer which is awesome.

Later, I found a post on the pwnboxer forum (which is called multiboxing.com - but it's just a front for pwnboxer) that basically said ISboxer was getting people banned. I responded to this and said that it wasn't true. I was IMMEDIATELY banned from the forum. I found out later that he deleted many negative threads about his product, or threads promoting other products. He also claimed I was the creator of ISBoxer and just there to spread misinformation or something.

Anyway, I'd caution anyone about buying this product. Things might have changed in the past year, but the guy who sells it, in my opinion, runs a very deceptive operation. He keeps a seemingly open forum but heavily moderates it - keeping almost any types of links to competing products out. He, or someone from pwnboxer also posts Youtubes of multiboxing in general - taken from this site and others, and promotes his products in the comments.

One of these videos, was a video I made about farming in TK, so I was especially pissed off - and I was using keyclone at the time.
    Oh - and I see Aelli uses Pwnboxer too -- it even has the pwnboxer overlay, so he must! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE_VtUHQ2-w He must have had a 2 year pre-release version.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

[edit] Nevermind. Just saw the rules update.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 05-12-2011 at 12:33 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

First rule of multiboxing club... you dont use pwnboxer.

ugh.. I are need to read moar
    Last edited by Apps : 05-12-2011 at 03:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Oatboat View Post
    First rule of multiboxing club... you dont use pwnboxer.

this is so ture but its so much out there so many use it.

and he commants so much on my youtube page it sucks even though i do not use the softwave and nerver would now.

To be fair its funny he nerver plays at capped level with his "epic" software

I bet he is using IS as well..
    Playing Hord on FrostWhisper - EU at the moment.

Let's not make this personal. Keep to the program.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

If you ever watch Tim stream on JTV, you can see PwnBoxer has a bunch of the basic features that other boxing softwares have.

I've never used it, so cannot comment on its ease or features too much... just what I've read on their boards.
    I can compare IS Boxer well and Keyclone to a fair degree, although I've not used KC as my boxing solution for close to a year and a half now.

I know there is key broadcasting, there is mouse broadcasting which is enabled/disabled via a hotkey.
    There is another form of mouse broadcasting that everyone has issues with and people are told to not use.

There are keymappings which are just like Keyclone's hotstrings.
    People have set up FTL for it, but it is not automatic like IS Boxer.
    The majority seem to use a Focus based assist, which I would assume is the same as the majority of Keyclone users too.

It has virtualized configuration, similar to the virtualization of the config file.
    But you cannot change the settings with mapped keys that execute on each window swap.
    One thing Tim always mentions is the auto adjustment of warcraft settings; when someone asks the minimum system to box with, the answers are almost always lower on MB.com than here on DB.com... the same disparity, when someone says they are using system 'x' and it runs in SW/Org acceptably smoothly, or whatever.

It was the first program with the equivalent of video feeds, but these are simple zoom windows, one window to another; zoom windows predate video feeds by a year and a half.
    Not even close to the power/flexibility video feeds available in IS Boxer.

It has "dockable clickmaps", which came out shortly after Clickbars in IS Boxer.
    Dockable Clickmaps are things which when clicked send a keybind to the client.
    So not as flexible as Clickbars, which are the equivalent of a mapped key being run.
    The clickmap vs clickbar is essentially the same mechanic, but a mapped key is far stronger than a straight keybind.

It is noticeable lacking the ability to network more than one PC together.

It has no round-robin feature, but Tim has said that is one of the features that will appear in the next version of Pwnboxer.
    The announcement of version 3.0 of Pwnboxer was a while back, not sure exactly when but definitely pre-Cataclysm... not sure when it will out.

If you instantly swap from one window to another, you have to manually push a key to set the new leader as your focus or whatever.
    With Keyclone, I was able to have my Focus/Leader macro on Shift F1 (in warcraft) with Shift F1 (in Keyclone) as the hotkey to switch regions.
    Tim always responds that the game can have Shift stuck in a pressed state, if window swaps and leader changes are on the same key.... he always suggests F1 = Swap to Region 1; Shift + F1 = Toon in Region 1, becomes the leader via a wow macro.

There is nothing like a Repeater Region, with PB.
    However, having directed people here, at least a few people have successfully added a HKN script specifically for repeater region broadcasting to their PB (over a Grid/Healbot/Vuhdo frame)... so it is as compatible as Keyclone in running with HKN.

Anyone who runs Recount, seems to have issues with PB.
    Not sure the conflict, but it is consistently there.

Someone who has actually used Pwnboxer for a while, managed to set it up and use it for a couple of months could definitely get a better review of the software.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

And while we are at it, interested to know how gamecommander pro is going.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

Wouldn't mind a basic run down on what it can do and what it cannot.
    Aside from the initial information, when it was first announced here I've essentially had no information on GCP.

One boxer, who moved from Pwnboxer to IS Boxer mentioned that they had used Game Commander Pro in between the other two products, but IS Boxer was the product they eventually settled on.

It would be neat to have someone who actually used it, talk about it a little.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa