Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Powerleving boosting HFR

Someone showed me a trick to pull almost the entire instance to the entrace in Hellfire ramparts. It requires engineering or a class with targeted AOE. When you enter the instance there is a bridge you walk across. Above you is the bridge to the flying boss. There is a broken area on the bridge that serves as a shortcut back to the entrance. If you aoe or launch a trap up there and the patrol walks into it, they will run to the entrance pulling almost the entire instance and sometimes the first boss with them.

Clearing the instance the normal way takes 8-9 minutes skipping the last two bosses. This way does not pull 100% of the instance and only takes 3-4 minutes so you will definitely run into e instance cap doing this.
    Last edited by katsurahama : 04-14-2011 at 08:17 PM Reason: Added 'ramparts' so search will find this
    Working on the following teams:
    (85) - PVP - Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Druid
    (85) - Paladin tank, cat druid, fire mage, demon lock, holy priest
    (80) - Dk tank, destro lock, bm hunter, enh shaman, holy priest
    (85 pally/lock) powerleveling 34 toons under 70

Quote Originally Posted by katsurahama View Post
    Someone showed me a trick to pull almost the entire instance to the entrace in HFR. It requires engineering or a class with targeted AOE. When you enter the instance there is a bridge you walk across. Above you is the bridge to the flying boss. There is a broken area on the bridge that serves as a shortcut back to the entrance. If you aoe or launch a trap up there and the patrol walks into it, they will run to the entrance pulling almost the entire instance and sometimes the first boss with them.

Clearing the instance the normal way takes 8-9 minutes skipping the last two bosses. This way does not pull 100% of the instance and only takes 3-4 minutes so you will definitely run into e instance cap doing this.
    I like to loot the bodies for the cloth and whatever else since Netherweave usually sells pretty well where I'm from. I find that
    looting an entire instance pile of dead bodies can sometimes take a very long time and I tend to be a slightly impatient person
    after I've run an instance 7,258 times to power level characters; therefore, I like to spread out the packs I kill a little bit to make it
    easier to loot.

But that's just me.

in rift theres aoe loot... just saying

Blog Entries

I remember some people mentioning mouse broadcasting into corpses for looting masses of enemies.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thats a good idea!

katsurahama can you screen shot that location please?

Attached should be two images. The first is the entrance of HFR. You can see the overpass is already up above you and ahead a little bit. The second image shows approximately where to AOE, bomb, or trap so that the damage will reach the patrol. This will not pull the entire instance but will pull 60-80% depending on whether the first boss comes or not.

Name:  enter_HFR.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  66.5 KB
    ENTRANCE. LOOK UP.

Name:  aoe_spot.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  74.2 KB
    APPROXIMATE AOE PULL SPOT.

I believe a class with stealth can go all the way to the end, aggro a mob, then jump down. Does the same thing.