Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Heroic bc instance boosting?

I noticed that you get rep pretty quickly on your four slaves while powerleveling them through HFR. I was trying to find a 60-70 boosting guide on here somewhere. Reading through a lot of posts, i saw Ualaa had a link in one to wow wiki's Instances by Level page. I saw that the minimum level to enter the HEROIC hellfire instances was 60. Since you can buy the key at 62 or 63, i wondered:

Has anyone powerleved slaves through the hellfire HEROIC dungeons?
    Working on the following teams:
    (85) - PVP - Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Druid
    (85) - Paladin tank, cat druid, fire mage, demon lock, holy priest
    (80) - Dk tank, destro lock, bm hunter, enh shaman, holy priest
    (85 pally/lock) powerleveling 34 toons under 70

Quote Originally Posted by katsurahama View Post
    I noticed that you get rep pretty quickly on your four slaves while powerleveling them through HFR. I was trying to find a 60-70 boosting guide on here somewhere. Reading through a lot of posts, i saw Ualaa had a link in one to wow wiki's Instances by Level page. I saw that the minimum level to enter the HEROIC hellfire instances was 60. Since you can buy the key at 62 or 63, i wondered:

Has anyone powerleved slaves through the hellfire HEROIC dungeons?
    You can't repeat heroic instances.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

So could you do heroic hfr and bf once a day?

The mobs would be level 70 so that should burn up a lot of rest bonus in just one run, wouldnt it?

Blog Entries

Not sure if it still the case, but you used to need at least Revered with the corresponding faction before you could buy the key which was needed for heroics in that dungeon/quest hub.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Not sure if it still the case, but you used to need at least Revered with the corresponding faction before you could buy the key which was needed for heroics in that dungeon/quest hub.
    Honored as of early WotLK [almost positive on the time frame it changed].

Now my problem is that the 85 paladin is stuck 1 point from honored and i've already done all the HFP quests on her. And i mean every single one. I only did HFR once while leveling her so I never got much rep until i started powerleveling my lowbies.

Does the pvp daily in hellfire give the same rep?

Now my problem is that the 85 paladin is stuck 1 point from honored and i've already done all the HFP quests on her. And i mean every single one. I only did HFR once while leveling her so I never got much rep until i started powerleveling my lowbies.

Go to reg Shattered Halls.

Don't you get rep in normal ramparts?

@ HC boosting in general, the time investment is not worth it. Since you'll need rep and can only do them once a day. I think I tried a HC on my full pve team and failed pretty bad. Got some mobs down and really got worthless exp, even though the team was close to the appropriate level. Not 100% sure though. A reason might be that everytime a new expansion comes out, you get a lot more exp in the newer zone. example: 10k exp/quest in Plaguelands 22k exp/quest in Hellfire. Same goes for Instance exp I asume.

Blog Entries

The quests were reputation.
    And the normal version of the higher instance in each quest hub.

And once you have the key for heroics.
    Heroics are faction all the way to exalted too.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Littleburst View Post
    Don't you get rep in normal ramparts?

@ HC boosting in general, the time investment is not worth it. Since you'll need rep and can only do them once a day. I think I tried a HC on my full pve team and failed pretty bad. Got some mobs down and really got worthless exp, even though the team was close to the appropriate level.

Rep in normal Ramps stops at one point from honored. You only need honored to get the key to the heroic version. The heroic version of HFR is a level SEVENTY instance but the entry requirement is only 60 plus the key.
    See: Hellfire Citadel: Hellfire Ramparts (Heroic) (H Ramps) 60 (70+)
    The slaves will only be level 62 or 63. Thats why I'm so interested in trying to run them through these heroics. I dont care if they can only be done once per day. I'm looking for the maximum exp possible in a very short time period. I just want to burn through rest bonus on four slaves VERY quickly and relog to do other stuff.

Thanks Svpernova09, i'll go kill a couple mobs in Shattered Halls on my paladin to push her into Honored. The slaves will not be a problem since I am saving their Collect 10 Blood quest until they stop getting kill rep in HFR.

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone!

BTW, I am planning to collect data about how long this takes per level and post it on here. Like I did with my RAF 1-60 leveling times. (http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=33480) I have gotten my HFR time per run down to 9 minutes from the time i enter the instance to the time i clear it, exit, reset, and re-enter the instance ready to go again. I was moving my slaves around too much before. Also, killing the last two bosses is a waste of time if you don't have the quests.