Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default nVidia GTX 480 Folks [World of Warcraft]

Just a heads up... may want to double check which driver you're using.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...0,2875-11.html

man, that is disturbing
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

The last time I saw something like this it was with a specific 3D benchmark we used to use at Compaq. They had a test case in it that, due to a bug in the video driver, used a non-standard "tweak" that resulted in the test case not crashing. When the graphics card manufacturer fixed the bug and did some optimizations on that portion of rendering, the benchmark dropped by about 20% for several builds until they got the optimizations right. Then when the benchmark maker undid the "tweak" performance shot back up to >18% over the original performance. This is one of the problems with trusting a single benchmark as authoritative and why most of these guys benchmark multiple games/apps and driver versions.

Point being, I suspect WoW has some "tweaks" that improved performance in certain areas with NVidia drivers that have since been optimized in such a way in the video drivers that they are probably more stable (esp. SLI) but defeats the Blizzard "tweak(s)."

[edit]
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 04-07-2011 at 02:55 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Used to be that Nvidia Drivers were unmatched and ATI drivers all flaky, I guess since AMD took over ATI there has been some improvment in product.

Might have to rethink my buying Nvidia all the time.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    Used to be that Nvidia Drivers were unmatched and ATI drivers all flaky, I guess since AMD took over ATI there has been some improvment in product.

Might have to rethink my buying Nvidia all the time.
    Naaah, differences in driver performance happens with both companies.
    Hardware Lurker