Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default TBC - Black temple

I am thinking about running bt to help a friend try for the glaives. Problem is that I hardly know bt other than the spiked bubble from first boss. How are the other bosses for a mixed 5boxed team in the mid 80s? Are they zergable or would I still need to follow strats for the end bosses?

if you are in cata gear it's zergable if i remember right. there is one boss i forget his name that will be a pain, had a debuff that woud negate your gear level. big ooze thing, dark room, i'd look it up but i'm at work and can't get to any good sites.
    the council or whatever right before illidan might be tricky too. but it's been a long while since i did that place, might be trivial now.

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

5 boxed it yesterday with Paladin, Paladin, Shaman, Mage and Priest. Tank and spanked the whole raid, didn't know what I was doing. Very easy if you are 85.

Cool, thanks for the replys!

I had a hard time with the reliquary of souls. Up to there everything was fine with a mixed melee group at 85.

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)

Yeah I never made it past Reliquary of Souls either. I think that was at 80.
    Major pest. He does something like "reduces total mana pool by 10%" that stacks over and over and over. Then you have nothing. (at least if you're a pally/hunter/shaman/mage/priest like me.) Last time, I had a drupid/hunter/pally come help too, but if you don't down the reliquary in 2-3 minutes it's not gonna happen.

I haven't tried at 85; maybe I just will.

Quote Originally Posted by Feider View Post
    I had a hard time with the reliquary of souls. Up to there everything was fine with a mixed melee group at 85.
    Which phase of it was hard for you?
    The 2nd phase has some mechanic (IIRC) where some of the damage you do is reflected back to you, but at 85, I would think it wouldn't be a big deal. I 5-boxed BT with a few other "real" people (less than 10 total toons) and every thing was a joke. Each phase of Reliquary only took us about 15 seconds.

Yeah it's the phase where it bubbles, does s

Yeah it's during phase 2 where the problems start. The combination of the bubble, damage reflect and the disorient effect that it throws around. Gets me. Maybe the healer kept getting disoriented and I could catch up. I don't remember. You say just burn faster in that phase? I'll try again tonight or tomorrow

That disorient is a pain in the butt if you don't constantly stop the cast. I'd stop every cast I could - it's a very fast animation and lag would let some through - and spam interact with target to reface my disoriented shammies.

I farmed BT to cap the rep (and get the loot 100k guild achievement) and would drop all my tank and fire pets during that part and lust to get past it in the end. I never finished BT alone, usually stopped at the second to last boss and haven't been back in the last three or four weeks since I capped the rep. When I did clear the whole place it was with a friend or two and then it was trivial.