Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: /assist concern

Default /assist concern

I am new to ISBoxer and I have tried to read all the guides. I understand (at least I think I do) the assist FTL system in ISBoxer. I do have one question about it.

Some background first: In the past while using Keyclone all of my dps macros would include a command that would cause my dpsers to only assist the tank when their current target was friendly or dead. If this was the case the macro would move down to /assist. Dpsers would stay on target and burn it down while that tank was free to tab around. Many many people use this i know.

So here is the question: Is there a way to do with using the ISBoxer /assist utility or should I disable the auto assisting and keep it in my macros?

Thank you.

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)

There's an infinite number of ways to go about this

When you use ISBoxer, it becomes less about "is it possible to _____" and more about the way you want things to work -- so if the following isn't what you want, you tell me what you want to happen when you push a particular button

Here is a hotkey that can toggle auto-assisting on/off, assuming you are using ISBoxer 38.2.329.1 or later:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <ObjectType>ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.MappedKey</ObjectType>
      <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
    &lt;MappedKey xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
      &lt;Name&gt;Toggle auto-assist&lt;/Name&gt;
      &lt;Description /&gt;
      &lt;SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;false&lt;/SendNextClickBlockLocal&gt;
      &lt;ManualLoad&gt;false&lt;/ManualLoad&gt;
      &lt;ResetTimer&gt;0.1&lt;/ResetTimer&gt;
      &lt;ResetType&gt;Never&lt;/ResetType&gt;
      &lt;Mode&gt;OnRelease&lt;/Mode&gt;
      &lt;Steps&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Stick&gt;0&lt;/Stick&gt;
          &lt;Stop&gt;false&lt;/Stop&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyRewriteAction"&gt;
              &lt;Target&gt;all&lt;/Target&gt;
              &lt;FromMappedKey&gt;
                &lt;KeyMapString&gt;General&lt;/KeyMapString&gt;
                &lt;MappedKeyString&gt;FTL Assist Me&lt;/MappedKeyString&gt;
              &lt;/FromMappedKey&gt;
              &lt;ToMappedKey /&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyStepAction"&gt;
              &lt;MappedKey&gt;
                &lt;MappedKeyString&gt;Toggle auto-assist&lt;/MappedKeyString&gt;
              &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
              &lt;Action&gt;Set&lt;/Action&gt;
              &lt;Value&gt;2&lt;/Value&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
        &lt;Step&gt;
          &lt;Stick&gt;0&lt;/Stick&gt;
          &lt;Stop&gt;false&lt;/Stop&gt;
          &lt;Actions&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyRewriteAction"&gt;
              &lt;FromMappedKey&gt;
              &lt;/FromMappedKey&gt;
              &lt;ToMappedKey&gt;
              &lt;/ToMappedKey&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
            &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="MappedKeyStepAction"&gt;
              &lt;MappedKey&gt;
                &lt;MappedKeyString&gt;Toggle auto-assist&lt;/MappedKeyString&gt;
              &lt;/MappedKey&gt;
              &lt;Action&gt;Set&lt;/Action&gt;
              &lt;Value&gt;1&lt;/Value&gt;
            &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
          &lt;/Actions&gt;
        &lt;/Step&gt;
      &lt;/Steps&gt;
    &lt;/MappedKey&gt;</SerializedObject>
    </Box>
    This page http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Releases will tell you how to make sure you're on that version or later (there will likely be a pushed update this weekend anyway).

Anyway, if you copy all of what's in that code box including the first < and the last >, you can then paste it into the General key map in ISBoxer and give it a Hotkey. To do this:
    1. Copy the XML code as described (all of it)
    2. In the top pane under Key Maps, select General
    3. In the bottom left pane right click on Mapped Keys, and select Paste Mapped Key from Clipboard. If you do not see this option you are either not right clicking on Mapped Keys or do not have it copied to the clipboard.
    4. In the bottom left pane select 'Toggle auto-assist' which we just added
    5. In the bottom right pane at the top is a Hotkey option, click the < and set it to your new toggle key.

What this key does, is set it up so that when FTL Assist Me is used as part of another Mapped Key (like your DPS keys) it can be disabled. Using the FTL Assist Me HOTKEY (alt+backspace by default, can be whatever you want) will still make your guys assist.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Blog Entries

I generally use the FTL Assist keys.
    As in, I press 1, and it does this.

Mapped Key: DPS 1
    Keymap: FTL DPS Keys

Hotkey: 1
    One Step (same thing every time you press it)
    - FTL Assist Me, Target: Current Window (the active character has the other characters assist)
    - Keystroke Action: Sends "1" to all windows.

You could just drag a spell onto "1" for all characters.
    And push the "1" key, while in any window.
    And they will assist first and then do whatever is on the "1" key.

If you don't want assist, on a given key, you could remove the FTL Assist Me command for that mapped key.

In general Lax's approach gets you move flexibility.
    And lets you use the same FTL Keymap, without further modification, for all your teams.

I have made a Keymap for each of my teams, and copied the FTL Keymap onto this, and then set IS Boxer to not use the default FTL Keymap for each team.
    That way, I can have "4" as a round-robin, no assist key for Team A.
    But have "4" act as the default normal action for other teams.

If you want to sometimes assist your Focus, instead of the active character.
    You can put a warcraft macro on the "1" key.
    Something like:
    /cast [@focustarget] Whatever

You could build the same thing into IS Boxer directly.
    Most of my stuff is IS Boxer sending keybinds to warcraft.
    With macros within warcraft on those keybinds.
    A lot of different approaches to make things work.

As Lax said, if you want to do something, let us know what you want.
    There are a lot of options to go with.

And Lax can change IS Boxer to provide features you want, that it doesn't have.
    He's done that, based on user requests/input, plenty in the past.
    His support level is phenomenal.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Feider has been asking me for help with this again recently, so here's the new method (as of today) to set up such a toggle.

ISBoxer 40.2.424.1 added a Mapped Key Wizard to replace Many New Mapped Keys. The new wizard can generate several kinds of Mapped Keys. 40.2.425.1 adds "Key Map Toggler" to the kinds it can do. Key Map Toggler will toggle Key Maps or Mapped Keys of your choosing. In this case, it would have been "FTL Assist Me" in the "General" key map -- by disabling FTL Assist Me temporarily, there would be no auto-assist on the default "DPS 1" through "DPS =" mappings, because they use "FTL Assist Me".

So in order to follow these instructions, make sure you have 40.2.425.1 or later (via Help->About in ISBoxer; there will be an update link in the About window if there is an update for you).

Step by step to do this:
    1. In the top left pane, under Key Maps, select Control
    2. In the bottom left pane, right click "Mapped Keys" and select "Mapped Key Wizard"
    3. When it asks what kind of Mapped Key to make, select "Key Map Toggler"
    4. Click Next. Now you see the Key Map Toggler options. It shouldn't be incredibly hard to follow except there is separate boxes for Key Maps/Mapped Keys that should be turned OFF in step 1, and those that should be turned ON in step 1.
    5. Set a Name for your toggle. This is required and becomes the name of the Mapped Key. Example: "Auto-Assist Toggle"
    6. Configure a Hotkey for your toggle by clicking the <. This is optional; if you know what you're doing you could use this toggle via a Click Bar or Do Mapped Key Action and not need this Hotkey configured.
    7. Select a Target for your toggle. This controls which windows toggle the given Key Maps and Mapped Keys. This means Hotkeys will be activated for use from those windows, or de-activated to not be usable from those windows. It also means that Do Mapped Key Actions to use de-activated Key Maps/Mapped Keys will not work until they are re-activated. Most of the time you probably want this Target to be "All w/ Current" in order to apply to all windows.
    8. In the center area it says "Add Key Maps and/or Mapped Keys to toggle". Select only a Key Map to add a Key Map, or select both a Key Map and Mapped Key to add a specific Mapped Key. In this case, select Key Map "General" and Mapped Key "FTL Assist Me", and click "Add to OFF" to make it turn OFF for the first press, and therefore ON for the second. If it were off by default you would want to turn it ON first, but it's on by default so you want to turn it OFF first.
    9. Optionally, configure Popup Text notices to be shown in Steps 1 and/or 2. If left blank, no Popup Text will be used. Example.. "Auto-Assist OFF" and "Auto-Assist ON"
    10. Click Finish
    11. Export to Inner Space. Your toggle will work with the given Hotkey.

It looks like a lot of steps but that's because this is the complete idiot breakdown. It's easy. Enjoy
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start