Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 29

Default Newb's Guide to Multiboxing - Start here if you are brand new to Multiboxing

An Introduction to Multiboxing and Dual-boxing.com

Welcome to Dual-boxing.com. You're probably here because you saw us flitting around town in a swarm, steamrolling through battle grounds or cutting a swath through a quest area. You see a mass of toons melting face and think "How is that not cheating!? Sign me up!"

Because it's not cheating. Botting and hacking are cheating and we do not do that. What you've seen is the result of tons of behind the scenes work. And that's what Dual-boxing.com is here for. Multiboxing can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it. You'll find everything from just having one toon following another to level 2 characters at once all the way up to full groups and raids and PvP teams that are so expertly managed that you don't even realize they're multiboxed until they all fall in line and follow one toon.

But wherever you plan to fall on the spectrum, you will need to do the work to see the results. Know that, first and foremost. Multiboxing is very much a learning experience, not a plug and play one. You are NOT going to just download something and that's the end of it. You aren't even going to learn all this stuff and that's the end of it. Almost everyone here will tell you that the longer you play and the more times you "start over" the more you learn and the more refined your multiboxing becomes.

Once you've read through this tutorial, don't forget to take the time to look at the links in post #5. It contains some very useful links and information to help you once you've gotten these basics down.

FAQ for Non {or New!}-Multiboxers

Blizzard's Stance and Rules on Multiboxing in World of Warcraft
    Dual-boxing.com's Rules

Dual-boxing.com

First thing's first. You MUST read and understand the rules and FAQ's above. Not reading the rules is no excuse for breaking them. We have a no tolerance policy in regards to discussion of breaking the rules, including discussion of selling accounts, hacks, cheats, exploits, private servers and botting. Violating these rules will at the very least get your post closed and can get your account here banned. This also extends to the IRC channel.

Also, there's no point trying to be coy. If you're trying to get support for something that "doesn't work" by avoiding mentioning it's a private server, don't bother. You're going to annoy a lot of people who are banging their heads against a wall trying to troubleshoot a program when the program isn't the problem. Eventually, someone will figure out that the problem is you're not on a legitimate server and your thread will be locked or deleted.

The people in this community are responsible for making multiboxing what it is today. Multiboxing is a way to play games, not a way to hack or cheat. No one here wants to have their hard work associated with negative things like bots, hackers or general a**hattery.

Now that you've read the rules for this site, you should understand the rules for the game you are trying to play. You and you alone are responsible for making sure that you do not violate the rules of the games you are playing. Multiboxing is NOT allowed in all games. Even when it is allowed in a game, there are certain rules that vary between these games. For example, Everquest is very relaxed in its rules regarding macros and multiboxing. However, another game from the same company under the SAME franchise, EverQuest II, is MUCH more strict and limiting.

We do have a list of responses from various games about multiboxing here, and it's a good place to start. HOWEVER, I don't live and breathe to talk to customer service and GMs. Those rules can change at any time and that list is only updated when someone tells me something has changed. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are not breaking the rules. I very strongly suggest that BEFORE you start to multibox any game {other than WoW, since news on WoW is updated frequently} you open a ticket and ask a GM. Feel free to reference the ticket numbers in that post.

Keep in mind, multiboxing is not a free pass for violating other rules. The CMs who check out reports on you don't look and say "oh, a multiboxer. *close ticket* or *ban*" They will check for other ToS or EULA violations and act accordingly. So if you get banned for automation or account trading or just being a jerk, you were banned for that, not multiboxing.

Asking Questions

Understand that this community has been around for quite a while. There isn't much that hasn't been brought up, and there are guides upon guides and tutorials upon tutorials all over the place for everything from group makeups to system configurations to macros for several different games. If you can't take the steps to look for this information and do some of your own research, this probably isn't the hobby for you. Many posters have no problem doing a little hand-holding, and that is why they've taken the time to post all the information that they do. Don't expect them to do all the work for you.

That is not to say that you should never have questions. We love questions. Lots of us here love nothing more than getting our geek on, but that doesn't mean we want to answer the same simple questions 20 times a day. The first thing you should do is search. We have a search option at the top of the forums or you can search through an advanced Google search. Generally, the Google search works far better than the forum search.

You should also look at the sticky posts at the top of every forum. These are usually posts that people have found so helpful that they think they should be front and center all the time, so no one has to look hard to find them. Every subforum has its own stickies, so be sure to check them all.

If you have found something that sort of answers your question, feel free to post in that thread, even if it's not that new. For example, you find a macro in MoP Macro Library but don't understand some of it, or found a sequence that works better for you, it's probably better to post in there than to start a whole new post. This way similar information is all together in one place instead of us having a thousand different threads all consisting of slightly different macros for the same class/spec.

If you've found some information but it doesn't really reflect the questions you have, or you simply can't find what you're looking for {because we accept that the search sometimes sucks}, then you should open a new thread. For example, you've read through all sorts of threads for how to set up ISBoxer, but you are getting an error you can't find or something isn't working as it's supposed to, that's a good time to open a new thread instead of piggybacking on an old thread that only sort of reflects your issue.

When it comes to actually asking your question, provide as much useful information as possible. If it's a technical question about your system, include your system specs. If it's a question about key broadcasting, include the program you are using and if appropriate, how many computers you're using. If it's a question about a team setup or macro, include the game you're playing if it's not obvious. If you're asking about why your DPS is low, include links to your character profile. Here's some examples

Bad question -

y wont this work? I push the button and the salve dont do nething.
    Why is this a bad question?
    1. What is "this"? Is it a macro that doesn't work? Is it the broadcasting itself that's not working?
    2. What are you using to broadcast? Hardware? ISBoxer? Keyclone? HotKeyNet? A program we don't even know about? Are you using anything at all?
    3. What are you expecting it to do? Is "the button" a follow macro? A movement key? a casting macro? jumping? a song and dance? Is it the key to turn on your broadcaster? Log in?
    4. What game is it you're trying to set up? World of Warcraft works differently than EverQuest, which works differently than EverQuest 2, which works differently than Rift, which works differently than Lord of the Rings....

As you can see, a question like that triggers a hundred questions from us and zero answers.

Good question -

I downloaded ISBoxer and used the wizard to set up my WoW accounts, but when I hit my hearthstone macro on alt+H, only my main hearths home.
    Why is this a good question?
    1. We know exactly what you're trying to do.
    2. We know what program you are using.
    3. We know what you are expecting to happen and what actually does happen.
    4. We know what game you are playing.

We have all the information we need to make an informed response and hopefully help you solve your problem.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-03-2013 at 01:36 AM Reason: post restrictions removed 4-11
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Getting Into The Guts Of It.

Now that you have learned about the community, it's time to step into the hobby. We assume you came here with a game in mind, so that's out of the way. The next thing to do is to choose a means of multiboxing. We support several means of multiboxing here, so let's help you decide.

Please note, however, that some of these programs may no longer be developed and have few, if any, users remaining. The fewer guides in the Configurations section, the less likely it is to have a userbase or support at this point.

How many computers will you be using?

• 1 - you intend to run all instance of your game on a single computer. This means you will need a software options to control all of your games.
    • More than one - You intend to spread your games out between several computers. This means you can use a hardware or software option.

How many games will you run on each computer?

• 1 - you want every copy of your game to run off its own computer. This means you can use a hardware or a software option.
    • More than one - You want to run a few copies on each computer. This means you will need to use a software option.

I need/want to use a Hardware Option -

http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=8385

More guides, plz?!

I need/want to use a software solution

Software options come in many forms and there's several questions you should ask yourself before deciding.

My Gaming OS is -

1. I need easy - you aren't exceedlingly tech savvy and need as much handholding as possible. Don't worry, we were all new to this once. You will be much more comfortable with something that has lots of tutorials, walkthroughs and easy to understand interface tools and wizards.

• ISboxer
    • Keyclone
    • GameCommanderPro

2. I can figure it out - you're not adverse to sitting down and working things out on your own. Your google-fu is strong and you have faith in your ability to wrap your head around things without too much handholding.

• ISBoxer
    • HotKeyNet
    • MaxiVista
    • Multibox
    • Octopus
    • Synergy
    • Voice Commander
    • MultiLaunchBox
    • Plexer
    • AutoHotKey
    • Clonekeys
    • Input Director

3. I wanna use what you're using - You don't really care how much work you have to put into learning. What you care about is that SOMEONE will be able to answer your questions. These are the programs that are more commonly used by members here.

• IsBoxer
    • HotKeyNet
    • Keyclone
    • Octopus
    • Synergy
    • Input Director

4. I need free - you don't feel like shelling out more money on something until you know you want to. It's ok, we can understand that, just keep the above questions in mind.

• HotKeyNet
    • Multibox
    • Octopus
    • AutoHotKey
    • Clonekeys
    • Synergy
    • VoiceCommander
    • Xdotool
    • Input Director
    • MultiLaunchBox {says $20, but Norrin says that's no longer the case. }

5. I can pay - you've spent this much on new hardware/software/accounts, what's a little more?

• ISBoxer
    • Keyclone
    • GameCommanderPro
    • MaxiVista
    • Plexer

6. Can I get a Free Trial before I decide? Sure you can. Free is free, so here's the paid options that offer a free trial

If you want my opinion, these will be your big three. The vast majority of users here use or have used one of these programs. A lot of the other programs are usually only mentioned sporadically if at all on the message boards -

• ISBoxer - Probably the most popular choice around here. It has many guides, many users, and can be as simple or complex as you want it to be. It can be used across up to 5 different computers, which makes it an excellent choice for many users. It can be kind of intimidating and does require a subscription, but it can also be used across many games and has superior support.

• HotKeyNet - nearly as powerful as ISBoxer, but does not have a user interface. All configuration must be done through scripting, and as such has a smaller userbase than other options. Like ISBoxer, it is not limited to WoW and has successfully been used with most MMOs. This is a free program and can work across multiple computers and does get support from users via this site.

Please Note - HotKeyNet is no longer in development. The program is still available to use, but the author no longer supports it. However, it is still community supported here for code assistance.

• Keyclone - Keyclone is pretty easy to use and can still grow a bit with you as you learn more. It is probably a bit easy to work with than ISBoxer, but it's also less powerful especially when it comes to certain advanced configurations and things like mouse broadcasting. Also requires a payment, but it is a one-time fee for the lifetime of the product. However, the license is for one computer at a time {you can still transfer the license to another computer via a wizard}. Keyclone also is primarily for World of Warcraft, so it will not transfer well, if at all, to other MMOs.

Please Note - This program no longer seems to be supported. There may be some community support offered, but most guides are out of date and there is currently no documentation available at the author's site.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 10-20-2014 at 11:09 AM
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Configurations -

The first thing you will want to do is make sure your system is optimally set up for multiboxing. This means shutting down any non-essential programs.

If you are comfortable with following tweak guides, I'd suggest starting there. Of course, the very first rule of any tweak guide should be BACKUP, so make sure you've backed up your system. Even if you aren't using a tweak guide, I still suggest backing up your system. I run a weekly backup.

If not, at the very least, you'll want to make sure your system is clean. Run a spyware scan, malware scan and a virus scan. And not just quick ones, either. You should ALWAYS have an antivirus program, that is not what I'd call a non-essential program. If you're running Windows 7, I'd also advise running Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. No, none of this has anything to do with multiboxing specifically, but it does have to do with system security and MMOs are huge targets for compromised systems.

I use Avast! AntiVirus, MalwareBytes and Secunia PSI {Thanks Blast3r}. Every single one of these programs is FREE, so no excuses! Check this thread for what people recommend.

Finally, if your game provides an additional layer of security such as an authenticator, USE IT. If you can invest hundreds of dollars in subscriptions, programs, hardware and games, you can pop another few bucks for an authenticator.

Next you should install your game. There's many schools of though on this. Some run everything out of one folder/install {per computer}. Some use 1 for the main, 1 for the slaves. Others use an individual one for every instance. Some use Symlinks to have partial installs.

From here, you can start setting up your multiboxing program.

AutoHotKey -

• No Remaining Guides

Clonekeys -

• No Remaining Guides

HotKeyNet -

Keyclone -

ISBoxer -

Octopus -

• No Remaining Guides

Synergy -

• No Remaining Guides

Voice Commander -

MultiLaunchBox -

Plexer -

Input Director

GameCommanderPro

Beyond Broadcasters

Once you have that set up, it's time to move into the game. This is where you'll need to set up your macros and such so that they keys you're sending via your broadcasters actually translate to ingame actions. One exception is ISBoxer, where you can set up your macros in ISBoxer via ATGs.

Each game will use a different format for it's macros, but they all have some common actions required for making multiboxing work.

The first thing you will need is a means for your slaves to target, to insure that everyone is attacking the same thing. This can be a macro command or an ingame hotkey.

The next thing you will need is a means for your slaves to follow your main.

That is the bare minimum any game will need to make multiboxing viable.

For the most part, WoW has the most complex macro system than other games out today. However, there's not really any good documentation here on it for beginners, and WoW is the game most multiboxers are likely to be playing, so I'll add that to this guide.

For other games, I'll post available links.

EverQuest -
    • No Remaining Guides

EverQuest II -

Rift -

Lord of the Rings Online -

Eve Online -

Aion -
    Last edited by Khatovar : 06-12-2014 at 08:15 AM

World of Warcraft

The first place you should start is with understanding macros.

Assisting

When it comes to WoW, there are several things you will want to set up. The first is an assist method.

Manual Assist - This is a button that you press before you start attacking, but after your main has a target to tell your slaves to pick up the target.

• On your slave make a macro that says simply /assist toon/party#/focus using either the name of your main toon, the party number of your master {if your main is always the party leader, this will be party1} or your focus target {see below}.
    • Place that macro on a keybind. I use [
    • Target a mob on your main and then press [ Your slave will now pick up the same target.
    • Place Lightning Bolt on the same keybind that the master uses {1}.

Built-in Assist - Rather than assisting prior to combat or having to use a keybind to assist, you can macro it directly to your spells.

• On your slave, make a macro for Lightning Bolt, adding /assist toon/party#/focus to the top of the macro.
    • Code:
      /assist Kina
      /cast Lightning Bolt
    • Place that macro on the same keybind your master uses {1}. Your slave will now target and cast in the same keybind.

Focus Assist - Rather than acquiring a target, your slave simply casts on what their focus casts on without actually targeting anything. This, like manual assist, requires initial setup, but does not require constant interaction with another button.

• On your slave, create a macro to set your focus. /focus toon/party#/target {if you use target, you'll need your slave to target someone first, which you can do manually or you can do /target toon /focus target which is rather roundabout}.
    • Place that macro on a keybind. I use Home. As long as you don't do anything to clear your focus {logging out, setting a new focus, changing the main toon in the party, UI reload} you will only need to use this key once per gaming session.
    • On your slave create a macro for Lightning Bolt adding a targeting conditional to the line
    • Code:
      /cast [@focustarget] Lightning Bolt
    • Place that macro on the same keybind your master uses {1}. Your slave will now cast on whatever your master has targeted without actually having a target of their own.

You will usually only use one method for assisting, however, it's a good idea to always have a manual assist to deal with things that don't include combat, such as using Quest NPCs, looting mobs and targeting for non-combat quests {such as quests where you need to target a mob and use an item on it}.

Follow

Next you will want a follow key. This can also be done a few ways. If you use a focus method, you can simply create a macro that says

Code:
    /follow focus
    If you don't use a focus method, you can simply use a name.

Code:
    /follow Kina
    Finally, you can let Jamba deal with it

Code:
    /jamba-follow master slave
    or
    /jamba-follow strobeonme slave
    Also, you will need a means to terminate follow, because if you have casters, you probably don't want to have them all up in the mob's face when you're fighting. There is no macro command to terminate follow. To stop your slaves following, you will need to set up a key to break movement. This can be one of your arrow keys or you can choose an alternate method in your ingame keybindings. I personally set up an alternate keybind by setting End as a "formation key". To do this, I set End to be move left on one slave, move right on another, move forward on a third and move back on a fourth. Use what works best for you.

Castsequences

Castsequences are a means of stringing together a repeatable sequence of spells so that you don't have to have a ton different keybinds for every single spell or ability that you need to use to play. This way you can do several different things at once by using one key, irregardless of cast times and cooldowns.

Let's take an Elemental Shaman and a Paladin Tank. Your Shaman will want to cast Lightning Bolt and Flame Shock. Your Paladin will want to use Crusader Strike and Judgement. Lightning Bolt has a cast time, but nothing else does. Flame Shock has a cooldown and a duration that you don't want to overwrite. Crusader Strike has a different cooldown and Judgement has a totally different cooldown. There's no need for four different buttons and trying to remember what has what cooldown and trying to guess when to press what. We can simply build a castsequence for each.

So for your main, you make a standard sequence

Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat Crusader Strike, Judgement, Crusader Strike
    /startattack
    This sequence says that your paladin should cast Crusader Strike, then Judgement, then Crusader Strike again. At that point it will start over.

And for your slave, you make another sequence, making sure to include a means of assisting if you use a built-in assist method

Code:
    /castsequence [@party1target] reset=3 Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
    This sequence says your Shaman should cast {at party1's target, which should be your paladin's target} Flame Shock and 4 Lightning Bolts before starting over again with Flame Shock.

Now, a few things about Castsequences.

First, this is not you press the button once and it goes through the whole list, that's not how macros work in WoW. The first time you press it, it will do the first spell, second press, second spell and so on through the list.

It will not progress through the sequence until it is able to. You can press the button 5 times a second, that doesn't mean it'll skip things in the list. If you're spamming the key while you are in the process of casting the first Lightning Bolt, it won't move forward until the cast or applicable cooldown or global cooldown is up. This is vital because it means that if a spell in your sequence is on cooldown, it can't get to the other spells beyond it. For example, if you get through the paladin sequence back to Judgement and Judgement still has several seconds to go until it's off cooldown, then your paladin will sit there doing nothing but autoattack until Judgement is ready, no matter how many times you push the button. Therefore you will want to make sure you have enough other spells in there to make sure that doesn't happen.

Finally, you will want to make sure that you have an appropriate reset condition in there. Without a reset condition, your macro will only reset when it gets to the end and is forced to reset. This can cause problems if you enter combat later and your macro is still sitting somewhere in the middle. This can impact your DPS and cause premature lockups in the sequence.

{continued below}
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-15-2014 at 07:25 AM

Interact With Target

WoW has a feature called Interact With Target {IWT} that makes a lot of things easier for a multiboxer. IWT is a function that works the same as right-clicking a targeted object in the game world. The keywords here being "target" and "game world". IWT will not work on anything that can't physically be targeted {ore/herb nodes} or UI Elements {action bars, unit frames}.

What this means is that anything that you can target and right-click on to initiate an action no longer relies on using your mouse. You can simply use a hotkey to make your slaves use those things instead of having to move your mouse to each individual screen.

Things that IWT will work on -

• Things you can Attack - mobs, enemy players, target-able objects, critters, attackable NPCs, Training Dummies, Totems
    • Things you can Talk to - Quest NPCs, Flight Masters, Vendors, Guards, Trainers
    • Things you can Use - corpses*, target-able objects, multi-person mounts, vehicles

*A note on corpses. IWT isn't good for just looting, you can also use it to perform professions on a corpse. Once you've emptied a corpse, if you have a character that can mine, skin, herb or even use engineering, and the corpse allows, you can use IWT to perform that action on the empty corpse. Just make sure that the corpse is targeted and the loot windows are closed on everyone. Jumping will close an empty loot window on stragglers.

This means IWT can be used for a vast number of things that usually required mouse input. This makes it an extraordinary feature for every multiboxer.

MiRai created a fantastic tutorial video that goes over some of the uses for IWT and how to set it up in ISBoxer.

However, you do not need to use ISBoxer to make use of IWT. Many different broadcasting programs will have their own means of integrating IWT, or you can simply use it as a regular key without integrating it at all.

To set up Interact with Target, you simply need to go into your WoW Key Bindings {Esc > Key Bindings}, scroll down to the Targeting Functions section, look for "Interact With Target" and set a key. Do this for all of your toons.

Interact With Target - The Saga Continues

You may find that sometimes your slaves won't interact when you tell them to. Assuming you actually are broadcasting the selected key to your slaves, the problem is likely one of two things.

1. Your slaves don't have a target to interact with.

As I mentioned in the Assisting section up there, "it's a good idea to always have a manual assist to deal with things that don't include combat, such as using Quest NPCs, looting mobs and targeting for non-combat quests". Make sure you've set up a manual assist method, then you can target things on your main, hit your assist and then IWT.

2. Your slaves are too far away.

If everything else is working and your slaves still won't interact as you expect, it is likely because they are too far away from the target to do anything. You could simply move them closer, but why do that when there's a better way? This better way is called....

Click to Move

You may be familiar with Click to Move from other games, where movement meant you had to use your mouse to click on the ground somewhere and your character would run to that location. Same deal here, except we can hotkey that, too.

Basically, what Click to Move {CtM} does is sends a command to the game that clicks the area of a targeted NPC/object, without actually clicking. This way, if your slaves are out of range, they move themselves to the target so they can interact with it.

Again, it's just another key binding in the default World of Warcraft setup. Go to the Options Interace {Esc > Interface (Game, not Addons) } and look under Mouse. Check the box next to Click-to-Move.

Some notes about Click to Move.

I would not use CtM on your main. It can make things very difficult, especially with things like clicking to target mobs in a group. It's very annoying to be trying to click a nameplate or something only to miss and have your main go running off somewhere.

One of the biggest problems with IWT + CtM is runaways. Because of the way it works, spamming IWT with CtM enabled can cause your slaves to just go running off into the sunset.

This sort of action could be useful in things like PvP, where you can spam IWT enough to get the slaves to orbit around an enemy player, but it can be disaterous in PvE when your slaves "orbit" themselves off the edge of a platform into hot, lava death or into another pack of mobs.

Causes and Fixes for Dealing with Runaways

• Avoid spamming the Interact command too much. I run an all melee team in PvE and I use a manual interaction key, so that I can press it only when I need to. I tend toward hitting it only a few times when I acquire a new target.

• Have a Follow key or movement key ready. If my slaves start running off and don't seem to want to come back, I can just hit my follow key to make them come back to me, or hit my back arrow to stop my slave from running off. This is usually enough to smack them upside the head and get them to come back to the actual target.

• Reduce the distance that your slaves need to run to get to a target. Running while spamming the Interact key, especially over long distances, against a moving target or while casting is almost always going to cause a runaway. I prevent this by making my melee slaves follow me when I pull and not using interact until I am ready to start DPSing. I do this by using the Jamba command "/jamba-follow master melee" in my "pull" macro on my 1 key. You can do it without Jamba by simply putting a follow macro on your slaves.

• Watch your camera angles. If your slaves get a messed up camera angle, it can alter where they are trying to "click", causing them to run off. For instance, if the environment forces them into a first person view, they may end up clicking on a box, or a pole, or a rock, or even your other characters because they can no longer "see" the area they should be clicking on. Even non-standard sized mobs can cause this, as a huge boss in your toon's face prevents them from finding a place to click. You can either fix this by using a Setview command in your macros, or you can try just moving with your arrow or strafe keys. This should be enough to get the slave to a usable view area.

Yes, that seems like a ton of drawbacks, but it's still worth using. It just takes a bit to get used to, so don't let that scare you off!
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-15-2014 at 07:25 AM

Other Tools

If you are writing a macro and aren't sure of what something means or looking at someone else's macro and aren't sure what something does, you can use this site to get an explanation

Need macros to look at first? Check out our Macro Library.

Jamba is a great tool for making tons of things in game easier for multiboxers

Using Symlinks is a way to use multiple folders without having to use multiple full installs of your games

MMOChampion's RaidComp will help you see what classes cover what de/buffs so you can make better choices about what classes will best compliment each other in a mixed team

VirusTotal allows you to scan files and URLs online by checking it against dozens of AntiVirus Engines.

Need RAF in WoW explained? Here's a sweet video giving you the rundown on RAF.

Want to remember the olde days? Here's Svper's collection of Older/Outdated Stickies.

More Dual-boxing.com haunts -

You can join us in chat through the java app here, or you can point your favorite client to irc.quakenet.org and join #dual-boxing.

Like to watch? See who's streaming their multiboxing now.

Need help {or more help} with ISboxer? You can always try the ISBoxer chatroom.

MOAR LYNX??

Now you have the basics tools for getting started in the world of multiboxing. Welcome and good luck!

Other FAQ's

How Do I copy my mod settings from my master to my slave?

Settings are not saved in the ADDON folder. The addon folder only stores the actual mod with the default information it needs to work. Addons store information specific to your settings in the WTF folder. However, copying the entire WTF folder will also copy the \ACCOUNT NAME\Saved Variables and \ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\Saved Variables paths, thus not putting the files in a folder that the slave accounts will access, since they will have different ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME.

Within the WTF Folder, there are 2 places where addon settings will save. Some use both locations to save different things.

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables

and

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SERVER NAME\TOON NAME\SavedVariables

Simply copy the LUA file for whatever mods from the master account to the same place in the slave accounts, using the appropriate ACCOUNT NAME and TOON NAME for the slave, of course.

Make sure it's the LUA, not the BAK. It should say LUA under "Type" or when you right-click > Properties, not LUA.BAK.

So, I have to manually switch to my slaves to deal with things like ore, herbs and gathering quests?

Nope. Interact with Mouseover can be used to deal with all those things that Interact with Target can't do, like gathering herbs, ore, ground-spawns, or interacting with things like mailboxes, wanted posters and command boards.

Hungry for more? Now there's Khat's Guide for Multiboxing Volume 2.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-01-2013 at 02:43 AM

First!

Oh, and... very nice.

Great guide! Hopefully this answers a lot of questions for people.

Suggestion:
    You should add Input Director as one of the free KM programs. I use it as do many others. I tried Synergy but had problems with using the mouse to adjust the camera view in WoW. But Input Director works flawlessly.

Blog Entries

First, thank you Khatovar for making an up to date version of a starting guide.
    Complete with links that work, and being current.

Another option to box with is: http://gamecommanderpro.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Some use Symlinks to have partial installs.

Links PLZ??
    When I was messing around with Symbolic Linking, I found this program: http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinks...kshellext.html

You need to install the microsoft bit, towards the bottom.
    A different version for each version of Windows.
    And then download the version of the software for your version of Windows.

It then adds an option to your right click menu.
    You can use a file/directory as your source, and then paste the link elsewhere.

The documentation on the linked site was very easy to follow.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa