Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 5 box hunters

Default 5 box hunters

Yesterday I read a thread here that mentioned a 5xHunter team and I thought I'd give it a burl. There is only one word to described this maniacal team of death and it's OP. <2 words I know> The kids are only at level 7 but leveling up in the BE starting area was ridiculously easy, much better/faster than my Pally/3Mage/Priest combo and faster than the 5xShammy team. I think it's all to do with the range, they just stand there and kill everything in sight with a few shots, I was walking around leaving a trail of dead bodies everywhere much to the chagrin of other lowbies. I loved playing my ally hunter who is 36 and the only reason I stopped was because alliance is well, alliance. Horde know what I mean :P

So does anyone have some tips for levelling/instancing with 5 Hunters?

edit: the thread I was reading stated that the hunters were able to progress quite well in Instances once he had learned to pull properly, I can't find the thread now inch:

Hunters are definitely the easiest class to level, they just tear through mobs not sure how they will perform on instances, but definitely a blast to play.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I am running a 4x Hunter/Shammy team on Dragonblight(alliance), thus far with great success. The team is 22-23 after a couple weeks play. Wailing Caverns is on farm status and I'm now looking at BFD as my next step.

While my general preference is for Horde, I must say Gift of the Naaru is a great ability for a hunter. Stacked with Mend Pet it makes for most of the healing the pets need at this level for bosses.

have fun out there!
    T

I started two-boxing Hunters a few days ago.

Both at level 70, one fully epic geared and the second in mostly greens.

Won 5/10 2v2 arena games.
    Cleared Mana-tombs trash and second boss.
    Killed lots of trash in Zul Gurub.

The hardest part is turning follow on and off at right times. Otherwise it turns into 1 hunter with 2 pets.

If only you could pull off a running jump-shot with all 5 simultaneously (or can you?). That would be op -- imagine the kiting potential.
    US-Gurubashi-Horde
    5x Shaman 70:
    Gardena, Torrance, Lomita, Redondo, Lakewood
    4x Locks 60: Chilaquiles, Chongos, Chimichangas, Chicharonnes (RAF)
    4x Hunters 60: Burritos, Enchiritos, Flautas, Tostados (RAF)
    me:
    myspace

thanks for the replies I macroed up the arcane shot on them last night, 5xarcane shot - dead lol. The team is now level 8 and still in very bad gear - but at least they're coordinated. Is there any point in macroing Hunter's Mark and having all the team cast it on the same mob?

Have hunters mark be random, so only one hunter casts it. Not sure exactly how to do it without keyclone open, but I don't think its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Astrid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33517#post33 517
    thanks for the replies I macroed up the arcane shot on them last night, 5xarcane shot - dead lol. The team is now level 8 and still in very bad gear - but at least they're coordinated. Is there any point in macroing Hunter's Mark and having all the team cast it on the same mob?
    You could use a round robin approach with Keyclone and alternate between the hunters

I'm actually currently working on a 4x Hunter + 1 separate healer arena project. They are being boosted at the moment up to 40 and will quest the rest of the way. After playing with the mechanics involved and theorycrafting quite a bit...it looks like they should be able to hold their own. I'll be starting up a separate thread for this project and plan on putting out some videos when I can hit the arenas. Stay tuned

thanks for that, the round robin idea is good. Yeah it worries me that there's no healer/rezzer but I'm thinking that once my 3 teams are at the same level range I'll start mixing and matching.
    I have 3 teams at the moment
    5x17 shammies
    5x8hunter (of course lol)
    1x36ish pally,2x34mage,1x34priest
    I think I'll swap in/out the pally into the hunters and shammies or spec one of the shammies resto and put her with the hunters for a bit and a hunter in with the shammies. I've got to work out a rotation for these teams that lets everyone level at the same sort of rate. Does anyone else do this kind of thing with their teams or do they keep them team pure? I really have to get back to boosting the Astrid team through SM as she's been 36 for ages but the shammies and hunters are too much fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Corch',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33365#post333 65
    I started two-boxing Hunters a few days ago.

Both at level 70, one fully epic geared and the second in mostly greens.

Won 5/10 2v2 arena games.
    Cleared Mana-tombs trash and second boss.
    Killed lots of trash in Zul Gurub.

The hardest part is turning follow on and off at right times. Otherwise it turns into 1 hunter with 2 pets.
    HEY!!!! was that your 2v2 that kicked my Lock butt last week? A mage and myself went up against 2 NE Hunters that moved in that mutlibox way When I finally saw them as they were shadowmelded I rushed and howl of terrored them but they were immune - damn them lol - next time I see 2 BM hunters I'm just going to roll over.