Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Sounds

Default Sounds

I'm a UI minimalist. And so I love addons like oppie that help reduce the clutter. Lately I've been increasingly been searching for addons, that prompt or alert you via sounds. so... on that thought does anyone use sounds in their macros to tell when they have succesfuly fired a spell available off cooldown? Check off "sound in the backround" located in Options/Sounds To hear your slaves warning sounds through your main. if someone can figure out how to block all sound but the addon sounds that would rock.

Oppie with Video intro

Sound Addons\
    GTFO - probally the best of them all. warns you if your steppin in fire, sometimes get a second or two advanced warning.
    SmartError - makes sounds when your facing the wrong way, out of melee range, out of mana etcc.. all non annoying sounds
    I Hear You - makes sounds when you get a tell or guildsays
    Hear Kitty - more sounds
    RangeDisplay - makes sounds when you get within range of a mob all setable at 40 30 20 10 etc...

This error smart macro doesnt fire off if you dont have a target or if you have a friendly target and only if your cooldown is fired

#showtooltip
    /cast Death Grip
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /stopmacro [help]
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Death Grip") == 0 then PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\HeadlessHorseman\\ Horseman_Beckon_01.wav") end
    Last edited by JackBurton : 02-20-2011 at 04:46 AM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

I almost always play with the sound off, but this is an interesting idea.

more power to you. you can toggle sound off with one macro. So if you are trying to hear someone on vent and cant because of the bedlam pop mute. If you are trying to study something on youtube and cant hear it all because of the game use mute. If you are just mindlessly farming and are watching a move like "oh brother where art thou" press mute.

/run local c="Sound_EnableAllSound"SetCVar(c,not GetCVarBool(c)and"1")
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"