Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 32
    Blog Entries

Default Rift has a great deal with Raptr.

So hear it is, You go and instal Raptr (I've been using it for a few months now) This logs your time in games, and tracks achievements. Think Steam for example. Anyways, after 16 hours of play or so, with Rift lite, they give you a free copy of the game.

http://www.riftscene.com/rift/raptr-...-on-wednesday/

I've already got one copy, created another Raptr account, and am working on the second. Great idea for those of us who want to Multibox Rift, but haven't got into it too far yet.
    Last edited by F9thRet : 04-23-2013 at 02:11 PM Reason: Won't let me make paragraphs to save my life.
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

crazy free games :O

might do this as well. as i been looking into buying rift

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post
    Yes, it is legit. I got two keys from playing and other people on here have reported getting keys also. I haven't registered them yet, but I haven't heard of any issues getting them to work. If you do install Raptr, make sure you get it to recognize the game and launch it manually through the menu you get from right clicking the Raptr icon in your taskbar. You also need to be in game and not sitting at the launcher for it to register time. Once I did that the hours racked up without issue.

Nice.. a cheap way to get back into the game with expansions. Still plugging away at EQ2.. but fully intend to revisit Rift in the future.. might get on long enough to take advantage of this deal.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Can you uninstall it after you have the keys? Feels borderline spyware, you're just agreeing to install it.

Yeah, it is definitely a bit like spyware as it recognizes all the games you have on your hard drive minutes after installation and tracks whichever game you are playing. I looked into it a bit and the company looked to be reasonable stewards of this info - not giving or selling the info to others but using it to recommend games you may like based on your usage. It is also big on becoming another social network (focused on gamers), letting you see what your "friends" are playing, allowing in-game chat, etc (something I'm not really into).

The keys are legit though, you can uninstall Raptr with no ill effects after you obtain them. I talked with a Raptr customer service rep for a bit and they seem like a reasonable company that made a deal with Rift that grows both of their customer bases. They said their offer wasn't meant to give people multiple free keys, though, so I stopped obtaining them once I found this out and bought a couple expansions outright. Still, they saved me some dough.

Downloaded the trial to Rift this morning, read its going free to play soon. Not sure what server other EU multiboxers are on.
    Will try this app out, looks interesting. I like free games

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseCake View Post
    Downloaded the trial to Rift this morning, read its going free to play soon. Not sure what server other EU multiboxers are on.
    Will try this app out, looks interesting. I like free games
    Im just trying to get some accounts up and running for free with the app. as for shard I wouldnt worry to much as the transfers are free unless they bang that in the cash shop at f2p.

Now says Almost gone for the Full game + Expansion. Guess there is only a few copies they give out