Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 36

finally did another 1 yr sub to isboxer, going to "attempt" to get it to work for me on multiple machines, then i might have to look into FTL to avoid the main gank not being able to switch fast enough.

My first attempt will get it to basically just work like KC with my 5 machines then ill have to move off from there. I have a lot of researching and reading ahead of me... :-(
    Meeo/Nibilus

Blog Entries

Running like KC is far from the power of IS Boxer.

You could break repeater, so you have one version for keyboard repeater and another for mouse repeater.
    Then have keyboard repeater on, all the time.
    And mouse off, unless you toggle it on.
    Run with Keymaps off.
    And use the Blacklist/Whitelist.
    That will be very close to Keyclone.

You'd be better off with Keyboard/Mouse repeater off, by default.
    To set hotkeys for mapped keys, and run with Keymaps (groups of mapped keys) on by default.
    Any key that you push with KC, that you want to go to all clients, make a mapped key that broadcasts to everyone on the same keybind.
    But you can then have the slaves only (Window: All Without Current) do things, no need for whitelist/blacklists.
    You can put toons into Action Target Groups, and use those as the target for whatever.
    You can have a spread out macro, while everyone has the default in-game movement keys.
    Mapped Keys are far superior.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Since it's beta I'm not going to play around with the FTL thing for now--I'll just continue to use a focus setup. Long term my major concerns are for UI mods.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Running like KC is far from the power of IS Boxer.

You could break repeater, so you have one version for keyboard repeater and another for mouse repeater.
    Then have keyboard repeater on, all the time.
    And mouse off, unless you toggle it on.
    Run with Keymaps off.
    And use the Blacklist/Whitelist.
    That will be very close to Keyclone.

You'd be better off with Keyboard/Mouse repeater off, by default.
    To set hotkeys for mapped keys, and run with Keymaps (groups of mapped keys) on by default.
    Any key that you push with KC, that you want to go to all clients, make a mapped key that broadcasts to everyone on the same keybind.
    But you can then have the slaves only (Window: All Without Current) do things, no need for whitelist/blacklists.
    You can put toons into Action Target Groups, and use those as the target for whatever.
    You can have a spread out macro, while everyone has the default in-game movement keys.
    Mapped Keys are far superior.
    Thanks for the heads up, is there a walk through to do this minus FTL, with multiple machines? im about to start attempting it, using what ever resources i can find. i dont need ftl at the moment, but may after release.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Blog Entries

Just going through the Guide section on ISBoxer.com
    Not sure if the Quick Start guide is too Rift specific...

The guide in my signature gets a basic understanding of Keymaps/Mapped Keys, a lot of the mapped keys are included in IS Boxer via the wizard now, but even still they show how to build your own mapped key to do whatever you want.
    The process of using the mapped key pieces, gets the basic understanding of how they work, which can be adapted for pretty much anything you want to do.
    And if you're not sure, someone might have an idea too.
    And often Lax will add something in response to a user request.

Multiple Computers:
    http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/...iple-computers

Quick Start Guide:
    http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/...ck-start-guide

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Just going through the Guide section on ISBoxer.com
    Not sure if the Quick Start guide is too Rift specific...

The guide in my signature gets a basic understanding of Keymaps/Mapped Keys, a lot of the mapped keys are included in IS Boxer via the wizard now, but even still they show how to build your own mapped key to do whatever you want.
    The process of using the mapped key pieces, gets the basic understanding of how they work, which can be adapted for pretty much anything you want to do.
    And if you're not sure, someone might have an idea too.
    And often Lax will add something in response to a user request.

Multiple Computers:
    http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/...iple-computers

Quick Start Guide:
    http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/...ck-start-guide
    thanks again Ualaa, i just came across the multple computer setup myself as i was coming to see if any responses were posted. I just got ISBoxer setup and operating at least on my main machine, now i have to link the other machines together.

thanks again for the assistance.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Thanks Ualaa!

I was able to finally see the difference between the Repeaters and Keymaps, and i see how much better keymaps actually are compared to the 1:1 broadcasting.

I was also able to follow your guide and break K/M Repeater into separate toggle keys which helps out tremendously. Currently have it setup with 2 machines, i need to finish adding the other 3 machines :-).

Time to explore further possibilities with Action Groups and Repeater Regions...
    Meeo/Nibilus

Anyone tried using the " ` " (Tilde) Button as a keymap? i am unable to get it to pass as a keymap, but it works fine when i disable keymaps and enable repeater, i also noticed it does not work if keymap is on and repeater are on.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Blog Entries

The ~ key, is set to open the Console.
    There is a walkthrough to disable that, on the isboxer site, in the guide section.

I use that key, with modifiers as my spread out macro.
    Shift + Tilde ( ~ ).
    And still have Tilde set to open the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    Anyone tried using the " ` " (Tilde) Button as a keymap? i am unable to get it to pass as a keymap, but it works fine when i disable keymaps and enable repeater, i also noticed it does not work if keymap is on and repeater are on.
    when you click on your character set, one of the options is unchecked " in-game innerspace console hotkey" by difault it is the tilde key. Just check the box and make a new hotkey and it will free up the tilde key
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )