Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Voice recognition and IsBoxer

Not really a macro or addon per se, but I'm wondering if anyone else is using voice recognition while boxing. I downloaded a program called VAC (voice activated commands) from dwvac.com today for it's 14 day free trial. So far it's pretty awesome. Right now I can't figure out how to block its command from going to whichever toon I have in my active window, so I'm using it with Isboxer hotkeys that broadcast to all the toons, but round-robin seems to work ok. It's nice for the commands I don't use all the time and/or have less than optimum keybinds. For instance if I'm taking some group damage and want to use my party-chain heal macro I just say "Group chain heal" and my 4 shaman do their macro. If I say "Group Burst heal" My 3 DPS shaman cast ancestral guidance (or whatever that 40% dps -> healing spell is), and my resto shaman drops spirit link totem. I've got my searing totems and fire elemental totems set up with it, and a round-robin "Interrupt" going through my pally's rebuke, and shaman's wind shear spells. So far it's picked up on all my commands w/ no problem.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is living a good 10 years behind the times like I am, and isn't aware of these programs yet. If anyone else is routinely using something like this, which spells have you found it best suited for?

I think it's probably best like you said for situational round-robin things. Or even like you said heal things, but a simple key is probably more reliable for emergency things. I'd like it for things like hearthstone, buffs, bubbles, pets (too many keys for pets, so this is a big one. ie: a different voice command for each pet type you want. or a mix... "tank pet" for making your warlock summon his voidwalker or something)

If it were reliable i could save myself a lot of wipes. Almost every time I'm about to wipe I panic and say "OH FUCK!" so that would be my command to pop defensive cooldowns and group heals 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

It's pretty reliable so far. Although there is a tiny delay while the program interprets your phrase and send out the command, so I've noticed interrupts are often a little slow and just use my interrupt g-key. I think I'll add my jamba item bar slots as well.

Saying "assist me" is nice before doing interact with target because I get fewer runaway slaves when I'm just trying to repair.

If your wife/girlfriend wasn't complaining about your WoW time before, they might start if every time they come in you're yelling at your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    If your wife/girlfriend wasn't complaining about your WoW time before, they might start if every time they come in you're yelling at your computer.
    That's easy enough.. Just program the voice commands with phrases like "I love you" and "Have you lost weight?"

I did some try with Dragon Naturally Speaking, it was an interesting feature for situational cooldown or non-combat ability, but i got some lag & bug with isboxer, probably because the voice software take focus for half a second.

I used voice commander or whatever it was a long time ago (the one with the tutorial with the mage and priest in sm), it was pretty nice. but often when i needed heals the most or what not, a panicked or stressed voice didnt work very well. better off with a foot pedal

This reminds me of Nora Jones.

(only funny if you watch Workaholics)

Ya i've noticed it's best not to use it on emergency spells or things you need while spamming cast sequences. I may get a foot pedal for that.