Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 38 of 38

Nice. I've been missing this addon. Yes, I am lazy :P

Hello,

I have released a beta version of what I'm calling "Team Equip Compare" on WowAce. I created a new forum post where you can learn more and try it out @ http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...-Equip-Compare.

Cheers!

Thanks for releasing that. I will try it out over the weekend and report back.

Can we use wisp/party/raid communication instead of canal when using a cross realm party ?

I'm afraid that doesn't mean anything to me. If you can provide more information, I might be able to answer your question. Regarding a cross realm party, keep in mind that all players need the addon in order for it to function. Also, the main purpose for the addon is to support multiboxers, so cross-realm support wasn't my intent.

Cross realm party is a feature who allow you to create party with characters from others servers.
    My current team is dispatched beetween servers and i use the cross realm party feature to multibox them.
    One of the drawback is that you loss the ability to use a channel to communicate beetween toons since they all have they own home server.
    For exemple, addon like Jamba allow to use multiple means of communications, so i just have to deal with some minor naming issue and that's working perfectly now.
    Last edited by Baltyre : 11-22-2012 at 11:12 PM

I've never done cross realm grouping before, aside from dungeon finder, so I don't have any knowledge of how it works. Do players have to be in the same battlegroup? How does one form a cross realm party? If you can let me know more about the process, I can try and setup a test team to look into how this would work. To set expectations, if it isn't reasonably simple, I will probably pass on adding this as a feature of the addon.

No need to be on the same battlegroup, you can invite with /invite NameOfCharacter-NameOfServerWithoutSpace.
    You only need the character to be on the same battlenet account, or be a battletag/realid friend.

One thing to know is that once in a group, you can use macro like /target NameOfCharacter, but for some actions like wisp you need to use the full name /wisp NameOfCharacter-NameOfServerWithoutSpace.
    You can check if character is on the same realm using
    name, realm = UnitName("unit")
    If they are not in the same realm, realm ~= nil.
    For jamba i did the trick using that : http://pastebin.com/Qx2jGhCP
    But i don't know how to use lua and it was my first time messing with wow addon so ..
    Last edited by Baltyre : 11-23-2012 at 12:16 AM